Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 06:38 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
nice body ugly face cute (the worst kind) = butterface

Not sure what "the worst kind" refers to, but it doesn't sound flattering.
Yeah, I know what a butterface is. lol I just don't think he would be calling her ugly right now if she had responded to his advances the way he wanted her to. Obviously she wasn't too ugly to catch his attention, so I'm not sure why he's pointing that out now.

Old 01-08-2016, 06:42 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,190,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
nice body ugly face cute (the worst kind) = butterface

Not sure what "the worst kind" refers to, but it doesn't sound flattering.
I assumed he meant it's the worst kind in terms of combination

1. Attractive Face + Attractive / Decent Body
2. Attractive Face + Unattractive Body
3. Attractive Body + Decent Face
4. Attractive Body + Ugly Face

With the total butterface being last to the other 3 options.

Old 01-08-2016, 06:48 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Yeah, I know what a butterface is. lol I just don't think he would be calling her ugly right now if she had responded to his advances the way he wanted her to. Obviously she wasn't too ugly to catch his attention, so I'm not sure why he's pointing that out now.
Good point! May be some sour grapes going on.

Old 01-08-2016, 06:49 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,794,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
I assumed he meant it's the worst kind in terms of combination

1. Attractive Face + Attractive / Decent Body
2. Attractive Face + Unattractive Body
3. Attractive Body + Decent Face
4. Attractive Body + Ugly Face

With the total butterface being last to the other 3 options.
That's the BEST combination! Well, the best combination of those I have available to me....but I love me some butterface.

Old 01-08-2016, 10:42 AM

50,768 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tht1guy View Post
I know girls have this reflex to be nice but it seems like I've been led on like all the time. This girl I work with is kind of cute. Like nice body ugly face cute ( the worst kind). And we've hung out a few times. I went back to her place and gave a few STRONG HINTS that I was into her and nothing. Then a few weeks ago I text her saying "If I told you ,you were cute would you hold it against me?" And she sent one of those " awe thanks" ( in a very Unenthusiastic way). And after that I haven't heard anything from her? And I work with her so I have to see her. She switched from saying hi to me to not even turning my direction. Like why go through all that trouble? If Women can be more upfront like " Just to let you know im not looking for a relationship just a friend" then that would work but when I send strong body language and she has no idea its like do I need to put it in writing???

I could be wrong but aren't we adults? if I don't like a girl I will tell her in a very kind manner she's not my type. But for some reason women tend to just not say anything while you fantasize about a relationship that will never happen.
So the guy that let her know he was interested, not directly but via STRONG HINTS, is upset that the girl wasn't direct herself?? You're the man, take the lead, ask the girl out, leave no doubt it's a date. you;re shooting yourself in the foot calling it "hanging out".

The line btw is supposed to be "If I told you your BODY is hot, would you hold it against me?" Get it? Hold her body against you...

Old 01-08-2016, 11:06 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
So the guy that let her know he was interested, not directly but via STRONG HINTS, is upset that the girl wasn't direct herself?? You're the man, take the lead, ask the girl out, leave no doubt it's a date. you;re shooting yourself in the foot calling it "hanging out".

The line btw is supposed to be "If I told you your BODY is hot, would you hold it against me?" Get it? Hold her body against you...
Yeah, or a nicer way to say it is "If I told you that you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?" Since he said he was dropping strong hints and that she DOES have a nice body, I don't know why he decided to use this line yet screw it up.

Old 01-08-2016, 11:50 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,684,768 times
Sometimes we just think we're sparing hurting your feelings. It's not the right way to go about things, but it's just how it is. Plus it feels awkward when someone is attracted to you and you're not attracted back.

Old 01-08-2016, 12:01 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
What were the "strong hints"?

Old 01-08-2016, 12:24 PM

44,353 posts, read 20,056,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I'll bring this up at the next "What ALL women think" conference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
You're in luck. There's one of those here every day!

Sometimes more than one a day.

True ^ . People, remember that gender bashing is not permitted and that making gross generalizations about any demographic is never a good thing.

Bashing of any sort by any poster will earn them an infraction. Just don't do it.

This thread is now closed.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships