Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2016, 03:46 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,841 times

Advertisements

It's not uncommon in this area so I find this new feature of OKC's to be interesting and I'm curious as to how well it will take off.

OkCupid Adds a Feature for the Polyamorous - The Atlantic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2016, 03:59 PM

20,393 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Hm. That's interesting.

My main poly group came together because of OKC.

Old 01-08-2016, 04:06 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,890,726 times
Well, good for them! I've sent several nasty-grams to poly amorous guys on dating websites who contacted me. What about my profile makes them think I'd be interested in that? NOTHING! So now maybe they'll leave me alone. Unless they aren't really poly amorous, but just guys looking to cheat.

Oh, but I'm sure no one would ever do that.......

Old 01-08-2016, 04:10 PM

20,393 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
Well, good for them! I've sent several nasty-grams to poly amorous guys on dating websites who contacted me. What about my profile makes them think I'd be interested in that? NOTHING! So now maybe they'll leave me alone. Unless they aren't really poly amorous, but just guys looking to cheat.

Oh, but I'm sure no one would ever do that.......
Don't think I ever sent a nasty gram just because someone contacted me for something I wasn't down for (that they should have known from my profile.)

It was after the "Um, thanks but no thanks"
Then the "But you gotta give me a chance, ur hooottttt"

that I began demanding haikus. About bizarre sex acts. And asking them weird personal questions and suggesting body modifications.

Actually I don't think I sent any nasty grams. Where's the fun in that?

Old 01-08-2016, 04:13 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
Well, good for them! I've sent several nasty-grams to poly amorous guys on dating websites who contacted me. .
Very rude of you. Presumably you're looking to date. You don't have to be poly to date poly people. I'm not at all poly but have dated several. No reason to be nasty to someone because you were interested in them just because you're not interested back.

Old 01-08-2016, 04:50 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Very rude of you. Presumably you're looking to date. You don't have to be poly to date poly people. I'm not at all poly but have dated several. No reason to be nasty to someone because you were interested in them just because you're not interested back.

I think some people make a normative judgment about polyamory in general and people who are into it specifically. I'm not saying that's right, but it happens. So her objection may have come from what she thought the guy thought of her that he would suggest she'd be into that.

I'm in my late 50s and I struggle sometimes with the way sexual mores (across the board, not just poly)have changed in the last decade or 2. Intellectually and even emotionally in the abstract I know it's for the better. Who can genuinely argue with people doing what makes them happy and being open and honest about it. Sometimes my head spins, though.

Old 01-08-2016, 06:33 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
So cool! It reminds me of Fet. My exH and I linked our profiles. I met and dated quite a few poly/open people (when I was in an open marriage).

Old 01-09-2016, 08:49 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,471,479 times
It's always nice to have another feature like this, and I think it may be useful for some poly people, but useless for most. If your poly partner isn't looking, they probably don't want the attention a linked profile would generate, and the annoying emails, etc.. Mine doesn't even have a profile, and doesn't want one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships