Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 11:51 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,981,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Walking I can handle, but real hill tops and mountains in pa noway.
I did it once with friends, and almost passed out.Non stop mud, rocks, woods, animals, bugs, etc.

Hot as balls too! Lol!
I used to hike in NEPA when I lived there. Most of the above didn't really bother me but my God the ticks! I took my dog one time, she came home covered. I had to (literally) comb over the kids and myself every time we went...I only ever had one but one was enough, blarghhhhhh. (My sin is crawling just remembering this.)

Maybe this isn't making the OP feel any better, LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2016, 11:59 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,168 times
It can be enjoyable, but I don't necessarily find it "romantic." I can see how it can be in certain situations.

Old 01-10-2016, 12:08 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,454,216 times
It can be romantic. Depends on a few factors.

Old 01-10-2016, 12:10 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,930,903 times
I hike a lot for dates. And I'm rarely lucky enough to see good snakes, just usually garters and racers, but that's fine as I'd be bummed if I saw something awesome and I didn't have my camera gear. Never considered it romantic, but its fun, so who cares.

Old 01-10-2016, 12:35 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,834,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I used to hike in NEPA when I lived there. Most of the above didn't really bother me but my God the ticks! I took my dog one time, she came home covered. I had to (literally) comb over the kids and myself every time we went...I only ever had one but one was enough, blarghhhhhh. (My sin is crawling just remembering this.)

Maybe this isn't making the OP feel any better, LOL.
Yeah and not to mention getting lime desease.

Yeah I think a fancy cabin with running water, shower and stove is my kind of outdoor nature.

Now I do love canoeing,fishing, swimming, boating, tubing, chilling at the lake, etc. Thats loads of fun.

Old 01-10-2016, 02:25 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,937,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
For us, hiking out to a mountain lake or otherwise getting to somewhere with an exceptional view, sitting together and having lunch, is exceptionally romantic.

Surely it depends on the parties involved, but I personally don't think that having sex in the woods is particularly "romantic" at all. And, unless you are truly in a place where no one will see you, "going for a romp in the woods" can mean exposing yourself to those who don't care to see what you are doing. Again, not romantic to me in the least.
I think I may have implied that "romance" is only experienced in places where people want to have sex, which of course, for most people I suppose, isn't the case.

I guess I just meant that an activity like hiking might more likely be experienced as romantic by the types of people who are intrigued by sex in places where they're vulnerable. Hiking environments make people vulnerable, to various degrees, with or without sex...

Old 01-10-2016, 03:25 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,471,538 times
I am looking forward to meeting one that enjoys hiking and an active lifestyle.

It's peaceful, relaxing, and good exercise.

Old 01-10-2016, 03:36 PM

39,193 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeley_Ramirez View Post
We are goin hiking tommorow with boyfriend this is the first time imma try it
Im scare thou because i may hurt my knee or may see wild snakes?
Whos here been hiking as a date?
Are there wild animals in the mountains?
yes

Old 01-10-2016, 03:38 PM

1,225 posts, read 1,404,200 times
No.

When I think of hiking I think dirt, sweat, swatting bugs/mosquito's, sticks and debris stuck in your hair, etc.

That isn't cute.

Old 01-10-2016, 03:39 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,834,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post
No.

When I think of hiking I think dirt, sweat, swatting bugs/mosquito's, sticks and debris stuck in your hair, etc.

That isn't cute.
Hahaha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships