Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 07:56 PM

19,383 posts, read 15,220,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
People should do whatever they want. IMO it's generally a bad idea if you want a LTR, though.

From a guy's perspective, and I know this may sound sexist, but I really need a bit of a challenge in that regard. I am honestly less attracted to a woman if she indicates sexual availability right from the get-go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
If it happens great, if not no problem

Personally I much rather if I was made to wait as the " chase " I LOVE it!
I've also thought that if I were a guy, I'd like it more if there were more of a challenge involved. lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I have done it but wouldn't recommend it. Not if you're looking for anything more than that one night. Not that it's impossible for it to ever work out but come on. There are a whole lot of people in this world, all of them very different from one another and most of them very different from you. What are your odds of just happening to sleep immediately with someone who is going to wind up being long term material for you, specifically? Comparatively low. So why just jump from one person to the next (unless that's what you're into and have no desire for longer term)?

Honestly it shouldn't be incredibly hard to wait a few dates and feel out whether the person is an axe murderer or not. I really can't believe that's impossible to do. There's a reason God gave us two hands, boys and girls. One is for the computer mouse...

I don't consider myself a prude. At all. I have quite a healthy sex drive, and then some. But I'm not stupid. That person you just met three days ago online could be anybody. Literally. So I vote no in general (there could be the rare exception) to immediate sex with basically a stranger.
You know, it must be a result of "maturity," but the thought of that now terrifies me. lol Wasn't always the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Exactly! Building the sexual tension is fun and a major turn on. It's part of the "dance" of getting to know someone you're really into. It's not just men who like the "chase," either. I'm much more attracted to men who appreciate and know how to savor that "courtship" ritual a little.

Perfunctory sex just to to "get it out of the way"? Good grief. I'm bored just thinking about it.
Very well put. I agree completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Sure, just as long as I'm not the one receiving it.
Hypocrite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2016, 07:58 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I think cpg is, in fact, a writer. lol
Oh. Well s/he's been holding back, until recently. Don't hold back, cpg! It helps us get through the more difficult days, here.

Old 01-10-2016, 08:07 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
When I was younger like most men I was P hound and the sooner the better when it came to sex. I think as I've gotten older I've sort of backed off of that approach a bit. I think I'd probably prefer to not have sex too soon, I think a few dates of just getting to know her would be the approach I'd take now, if I were single.

Old 01-10-2016, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Oh. Well s/he's been holding back, until recently. Don't hold back, cpg! It helps us get through the more difficult days, here.
He's a he, but yeah, I agree, he's good with the written word.

Old 01-10-2016, 08:13 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I think cpg is, in fact, a writer. lol
Cpg is a man with a wife and family who has his own business. I don't think he's a professional writer, but he's good at it so he could be!

Funny how we get to know a lot about one another after posting for a while.

Old 01-10-2016, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Cpg is a man with a wife and family who has his own business. I don't think he's a professional writer, but he's good at it so he could be!

Funny how we get to know a lot about one another after posting for a while.
Oh, okay. I thought he had posted something in the past about being published or something like that. And I've seen him in the Writing forum.

Yes, I know some people here way more intimately than I do certain people in real life.

Old 01-10-2016, 08:24 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
When I was younger like most men I was P hound and the sooner the better when it came to sex. I think as I've gotten older I've sort of backed off of that approach a bit. I think I'd probably prefer to not have sex too soon, I think a few dates of just getting to know her would be the approach I'd take now, if I were single.
Did you have sex with Sea on the first date?

Old 01-11-2016, 07:01 AM

769 posts, read 829,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Well if same sex floats ya boat have fun..........
Um, no, not what I was talking about... you realize you can have hetero anal sex, right?

Old 01-11-2016, 07:11 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,226,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsFan20 View Post
First date anal?
No ****ing way. That takes a great deal of familiarity, trust... and no less than a pint of Captain Morgan's.

Old 01-11-2016, 07:24 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
When I was younger like most men I was P hound and the sooner the better when it came to sex.
Several sex organ words start with "P", but we all know what you mean Chow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships