Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 12:51 PM

9 posts, read 7,045 times

Advertisements

I'm a 24 year old guy and relationships never appealed to me. I was always very focused on my personal achievements, I wasn't the popular guy in high school, my looks are average, my parents aren't rich and I never had lots of success in sports.

I have nothing against people who are in relationships, everyone knows what's best for them but to me the perfect life would be having a house of my own, full of books and a couple of German shepherds.

I go out for drinks and dinners with friends but nothing makes me stray from my personal goals. I have no baggage, no ex-girlfriend drama or traumas from toxic relationships. It's just me and myself.

I obviously never had sex or been kissed. Even though I'm curious about that, I don't like the endless troubles that might come with that.

Old 01-10-2016, 12:55 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,368,374 times
If you're happy with your life as it is, no, there's nothing wrong what remaining single or uninterested in dating. If it works for you, continue doing what you're doing.

Old 01-10-2016, 01:06 PM

103 posts, read 69,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbur View Post
I'm a 24 year old guy and relationships never appealed to me. I was always very focused on my personal achievements, I wasn't the popular guy in high school, my looks are average, my parents aren't rich and I never had lots of success in sports.

I have nothing against people who are in relationships, everyone knows what's best for them but to me the perfect life would be having a house of my own, full of books and a couple of German shepherds.

I go out for drinks and dinners with friends but nothing makes me stray from my personal goals. I have no baggage, no ex-girlfriend drama or traumas from toxic relationships. It's just me and myself.

I obviously never had sex or been kissed. Even though I'm curious about that, I don't like the endless troubles that might come with that.
No there is nothin wrong with it but I think you should try to figure out why you feel this way at your age. I haven't dated either or had sex and im thirty five, I have a pitbull and live alone.

Old 01-10-2016, 01:06 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,661,952 times
This makes me giggle a bit. My son just turned 17, and he always said the same. I don't need or want the drama Mom. He would say, "I see my friends going through all the drama and BS with girls, and I am just not interested." One day, not long ago, he met his girl. HA~
No drama, no BS with her mom. She is not that way. He has been dating her for a year now, and swears he is "in love."

One day at a time.

Old 01-10-2016, 01:07 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,939,880 times
Quote:

Focus on your career and yourself and when your in your 30s you'll have to beat the women off.

Old 01-10-2016, 01:09 PM

9 posts, read 7,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
This makes me giggle a bit. My son just turned 17, and he always said the same. I don't need or want the drama Mom. He would say, "I see my friends going through all the drama and BS with girls, and I am just not interested." One day, not long ago, he met his girl. HA~
No drama, no BS with her mom. She is not that way. He has been dating her for a year now, and swears he is "in love."

One day at a time.
Taking his age into account, that'll probably end with major drama. But I'm glad things are working out for him.

Old 01-10-2016, 01:11 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,399,446 times
If strangers on the internet tell you yes, will you change your ways?

Old 01-10-2016, 01:12 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Taking his age into account, that'll probably end with major drama. But I'm glad things are working out for him.
Why would it end in major drama? I had my first long term relationship at 17. We dated for 5 years. He's one of my closest friends to this day.

Old 01-10-2016, 01:13 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Your life, your choice, no business of anyone else and you do not owe anyone an explaination.

Old 01-10-2016, 01:13 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,719,216 times
Do you feel bothered by this way life in ANY WAY at all?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships