U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-09-2008, 06:38 AM
 
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
10,593 posts, read 22,735,989 times
Reputation: 6090

Advertisements

The article was very interesting.

I was married to someone I believe was very much like that. I discovered SOME of his transgressions when I hacked into his computer and his online email accounts while he was away. Only to find out that he was NOT with his MOm and Step Dad but with another man's wife at a hotel for a week.

I also found out by reading his emails that he was rather free with attentions if you know what I mean.

Some people will do anything or say anything to get what they want. I am sure he upon reflection doesn't feel like he got enough out of our relationship to make it all worthwhile.

When he was gone and I could stop to think, I felt so much better and at peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-11-2008, 09:26 AM
 
13,769 posts, read 12,375,975 times
Reputation: 7848
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
The article was very interesting.

I was married to someone I believe was very much like that. I discovered SOME of his transgressions when I hacked into his computer and his online email accounts while he was away. Only to find out that he was NOT with his MOm and Step Dad but with another man's wife at a hotel for a week.

I also found out by reading his emails that he was rather free with attentions if you know what I mean.

Some people will do anything or say anything to get what they want. I am sure he upon reflection doesn't feel like he got enough out of our relationship to make it all worthwhile.

When he was gone and I could stop to think, I felt so much better and at peace.
Hi Lindsey, I'm so sorry that someone violated your trust in such a disrespectful way....I believe the shock of realizing, you were not only married to someone whom you didn't really know, not to mention, he was so careless with your heart....to tell you the truth, I don't believe these people like themselves that much...my ex used to make comments under his breath about how he was no good, etc.

Now I know why.

Yes, I felt so much better once I was free of him, and from that point on, the possibilities were endless.

Hugs
Creme
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2008, 10:37 AM
 
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
10,593 posts, read 22,735,989 times
Reputation: 6090
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Hi Lindsey, I'm so sorry that someone violated your trust in such a disrespectful way....I believe the shock of realizing, you were not only married to someone whom you didn't really know, not to mention, he was so careless with your heart....to tell you the truth, I don't believe these people like themselves that much...my ex used to make comments under his breath about how he was no good, etc.

Now I know why.

Yes, I felt so much better once I was free of him, and from that point on, the possibilities were endless.

Hugs
Creme
Oh thanks Creme, its been awhile and I don't think about it much anymore except that I am VERY slow to trust someone now.

I asked him once, how did he live knowing that no one really knew him? I don't think he liked himself but then again who cares really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2008, 05:26 PM
 
11 posts, read 27,512 times
Reputation: 21
Default Re: Blame the victim

I was in california studying at a yoga school, while at home I was being attacked by a sociopathic roommate. I called 911 before going to school, and had tried to get the guy evicted (but the judge was more sociopathic than him) and wanted me to move! Anyways, my "spiritual" classmates had big issues with me. I was too tired to do yoga one morning after a string of 911 calls, and little sleep, and my classmates didn't like it. I'm leaving out some details, but basically soon I was called into the office, and the administration gave me grueling questions on whether or not I was having sex with my roommate as it the possibility might sound titalating to him. Then I was told that I was not wanted there because my presence was "upsetting" people.
When I left school, a group headed by a reiki master got together to have a gripe session about all the things I had done to them!
I then stopped trying to get away from the sociopath because in my mind, these people were worse...i still think so. However a word of advice...sociopaths have no loyalty or conscience....and staying involved with them in any way will stop the process of keeping you on your own path in life. There will be lessons to be learned however in any situation.
Now this same sociopath is living on foodstamps and other government assistance while continuing to rob other people. He is also spreading HIV all over the country, and believe it or not, this is not against the law..it's only against the law if someone can prove it and then find the person to sue them. A true sociopath is almost impossible to catch. There only justice seems to come when they screw over somone worse than them...and they it's curtains.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2008, 05:59 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
3,440 posts, read 3,243,579 times
Reputation: 2121
*looks around and coughs*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2008, 09:48 AM
 
Location: state of enlightenment
2,279 posts, read 3,198,361 times
Reputation: 1934
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStreet View Post

I am not a feminist.
So you think women are inferior to men and should earn less than a man in the same job and should be treated as men's possessions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2008, 01:46 PM
 
25,169 posts, read 34,541,719 times
Reputation: 6714
Too many feminists these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
So you think women are inferior to men and should earn less than a man in the same job and should be treated as men's possessions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2008, 09:20 AM
 
2,251 posts, read 3,270,892 times
Reputation: 1123
Anyone who has any sort of awareness of the world is going to display certain sociopathic tendencies, I mean it's natural. There are very few people who actually fit the definition, though. Like if you read these articles, a lot of the traits seem rather ingenious, actually, an understanding of other people and their weaknesses so you can exploit them properly. Any good salesman does that, as does any good businessman, and a good actor or actress should have an innate understanding of how to manipulate a situation for improv, for instance. But that doesn't make you a sociopath. I'm surprised they could say there are 2 million people in the U.S. who meet those criteria. My best friend since 1st grade meets many of those criteria, we're great friends, and he has long-term relationships. So what? Yeah, he sometimes intentionally causes other people pain, because it's FUNNY, it's enjoyable to screw with someone on the Internet and get them all riled up. I think there's something wrong with someone who doesn't enjoy that. I love hearing his stories about going into a chat room and riling up some responses. And everyone laughs about other peoples' pain and suffering, who doesn't think it's funny when someone kills themselves in an hilarious way? That's why we have the Darwin Awards. Or when someone does something unbelievably stupid, you laugh. That doesn't mean having a lack of empathy. As my friend says, it's called selective empathy. I don't care if 200 Somalians die of hunger today. If I get woken up 10 minutes early by someone in the hallway talking loud that's a much bigger deal to me than 200 Somalians dying, because they don't make any difference to me. But if one of my friends is going through a tough time or has something bad happen, of course I care and find a way I might be able to do something to help them.

Some people are just seriously suckers, they think if they live their lives caring about everything, even that which they cannot control, somehow it gives them the moral high ground, when in fact it just makes them idiots and tools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2008, 02:34 PM
 
25,169 posts, read 34,541,719 times
Reputation: 6714
Well, does your sociopathic friend have quality relationships?

Sociopaths make life so boring, draining, meaningless, and aggravating if you have to interact with them imo. They are no fun and how can you have a friendship with somebody who likes to cause others pain? I don't get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Anyone who has any sort of awareness of the world is going to display certain sociopathic tendencies, I mean it's natural. There are very few people who actually fit the definition, though. Like if you read these articles, a lot of the traits seem rather ingenious, actually, an understanding of other people and their weaknesses so you can exploit them properly. Any good salesman does that, as does any good businessman, and a good actor or actress should have an innate understanding of how to manipulate a situation for improv, for instance. But that doesn't make you a sociopath. I'm surprised they could say there are 2 million people in the U.S. who meet those criteria. My best friend since 1st grade meets many of those criteria, we're great friends, and he has long-term relationships. So what? Yeah, he sometimes intentionally causes other people pain, because it's FUNNY, it's enjoyable to screw with someone on the Internet and get them all riled up. I think there's something wrong with someone who doesn't enjoy that. I love hearing his stories about going into a chat room and riling up some responses. And everyone laughs about other peoples' pain and suffering, who doesn't think it's funny when someone kills themselves in an hilarious way? That's why we have the Darwin Awards. Or when someone does something unbelievably stupid, you laugh. That doesn't mean having a lack of empathy. As my friend says, it's called selective empathy. I don't care if 200 Somalians die of hunger today. If I get woken up 10 minutes early by someone in the hallway talking loud that's a much bigger deal to me than 200 Somalians dying, because they don't make any difference to me. But if one of my friends is going through a tough time or has something bad happen, of course I care and find a way I might be able to do something to help them.

Some people are just seriously suckers, they think if they live their lives caring about everything, even that which they cannot control, somehow it gives them the moral high ground, when in fact it just makes them idiots and tools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2010, 05:13 PM
 
Location: Vandalia,Illinois
5 posts, read 8,311 times
Reputation: 13
Default In Love with a Socialpathic Woman for 27 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Hi Lindsey, I'm so sorry that someone violated your trust in such a disrespectful way....I believe the shock of realizing, you were not only married to someone whom you didn't really know, not to mention, he was so careless with your heart....to tell you the truth, I don't believe these people like themselves that much...my ex used to make comments under his breath about how he was no good, etc.

Now I know why.

Yes, I felt so much better once I was free of him, and from that point on, the possibilities were endless.

Hugs
Creme
I sure know what you mean. i just ended a 27 friendship/love interest because It finally dawned on me after doing the research that this woman is a socialpath. Alot had happened to her in her life but I suspect most of it her own doing. She has been married and divorced to 3 men and lived with another before turning to lesbianism and has claimed that role for the past 30 years or so. Doesn't matter who she's with. She uses them to do things for her, to finanically support her. When she gets bored stiff she moves on to a new love interest. And dumps the old partner without regard to their feelings or what it does to their pocketbook. As I said, I was with her 3 different times. The one thing that sticks in my mind is that once she was laying in bed facing my back several nights and under her breathe I could hear her utter the words"I Hate You!" I wasn't for sure if she was directing it to me or if she was even awake. When I confronted her with it as recently as 2 months ago she acted as though I was talking about someone else. I am married to wonderful woman and have been for 14 years. But I just recently went thorugh my Mid Life crisis. I had been friend with this socialpath for all this time but when I seperated from her in 1993 I met my wife and went on with my life. I had always felt an unreqited love with this woman. I have kept my feeling for her in the recesses of my mind all this time. Two months ago she called me to tell me she thought she was dying. She made me worry about her and then I started feeling those old love pangs again for her. I told her that I couldn't let her leave this Earth without letting her know that I still loved her and aways had all these years. I really didn't think it would lead into an emotional long distance affair but then she answered me with"Oh I love you too!" she kept calling my home and I longed to hear form her..even though my wife was getting upset. I finally felt guilty about my feelings and told my wife about my feelings about this woman. She amazingly took it in stride and told the woman over the phone that she planned on fighting for her marriage. I am glad she did. What I haven't mentioned yet was that this woman knows that very soon now my father's estate will settle and I will be getting several thousand dollars. Before I knew what was happening she had talked me out of $2,500 of it. She didn't ask for it because she didn't need to-all she did was suggest things and I kept commiting myself with more and more things and money. Lucky for me she has been snowed in up North all winter long and gotten bored. She told me off on the phone the other day simply because we had returned to being what I thought was friends.She told me she felt"Smothered" because I asked her to email me and to call her. I smothered her?.. yet I was to do everything for her and give her half my dad's estate? She went on to say that it was all my fault. "You are married and you know better!" I said" yes and you knew it too and yet you kept on..I didn't have a long distance affair by myself for 2 months! Nope. After my research I sent her a email that was 27 years in the making. I told her that I wasn't going to give her a dime basically and that I never want to hear from her again. I told her to ditch my email address and phone numebr and that I won't contact her again ever. She emailed me back with one sentence. "yes, and do NOT contact me either!" that was it. The end of 27 years of lies and deception. Sorry this is so long. I just felt the need to expose this socialpath for what she is. I did tell her in that last email that I thought she was a socialpath. She must have shrugged it off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:07 AM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top