Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 03:43 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,715,601 times

Advertisements

Your gpa lived his life....now you live yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2016, 04:47 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Yes, first time poster, women are only attractive in their 20's and early 30's.
And so are men don't you know?

Old 01-13-2016, 06:19 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,010,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farzad azadi View Post
Im 22 years old and i know that im aware that im in my last couple years before i begin peaking in my mid twenties where the beauty and attractiveness will unfortunately fade away, most people are attracted to people in their late teens, early twenties age range. Even my own grandfather is always bragging about me being single, he always tells me and warns me that its better to get yourself a girlfriend now before I get older and no girls would want me, my grandfather is 71 years old and he really is nostalgic about his younger days when he was around women, my grandfather says about himself that women are the most attractive in their twenties only and early thirties, is he really trying to put me down to thinking that i should just hurry up and and rush to find someone already?

You have another 30+ years before you start to peak.

Old 01-13-2016, 06:32 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Life is too short and very unpredictable. Date whoever you want to of legal age. And when you do find someone, cherish every moment with that person. Furthermore, never compromise on your happiness.

Old 01-13-2016, 06:37 PM

1,156 posts, read 940,137 times
Usually you can learn from your elders, sometimes you can't. This is one of those times.

Old 01-13-2016, 06:41 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
I won't pretend to be PC about this: yes, to me, age matters.

It matters more as a comparison to my own age than as a blanket thing, though (i.e. "Guys in their 30s are cute!" Although they kinda are... ).

So in other words, when I was in my early 20s, a guy 35+ just...no. Nope. Couldn't do it. Tried. Soooooooooo not on the same page. And...he just didn't act like me (though I was quite mature for my age)...his trying to "talk like" a 20-year-old was so embarrassing...he was losing his hair, something that certainly wouldn't bother me now but at the time, I was simply not ready for, I mean what can I say. There were just so many things - most of them non-physical, BTW.

Now that I'm in my late 40s, late 40s are not gross to me. But when I was 25? 28? As Steve Martin said: Oh. No. Have. Way.

I think it's the comparison (I've mentioned this on here before, I think) of the person potentially being in my dad's or uncle's age group or thereabouts...or just having had such a different cultural experience because of the times...for me (for me, folks ) it has made me feel less connected, and less romantic, and definitely way way way less turned on. And it goes the same for the reverse, obviously. A guy in his 20s...OMG gag me! My son is in his 20s!!! Blargh!

I am just being honest here and do not mean to offend anyone. I doubt I did but just putting that in there.

Re:

Quote:
most people are attracted to people in their late teens, early twenties age range.
OP, the reason you think that is that you are 22 right now, so you and most of your friends are into that.

Honestly I've known a lot of much older guys panting after the younger girls but NEVER in their teens...unless the guy is, again, your age-ish, and even then often not "teens" (really?) because you're just so not on the same page at all...high school v. finished with college, basically. So you may be seeing this because your own personal slant right now is this way. Sometimes, we think of our world as the whole world, and we subconsciously seek out "proof" that we're right by listening to those who agree and disregarding those who don't. Don't discount the power of psychology here - you may be psyching yourself into thinking as soon as you pass your mid-20s, bam, your attractiveness will be gone.

Last edited by JerZ; 01-13-2016 at 06:50 PM..

Old 01-13-2016, 07:00 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post

It matters more as a comparison to my own age than as a blanket thing, though (i.e. "Guys in their 30s are cute!" Although they kinda are... ).

I think it's the comparison (I've mentioned this on here before, I think) of the person potentially being in my dad's or uncle's age group or thereabouts...or just having had such a different cultural experience because of the times...for me (for me, folks ) it has made me feel less connected, and less romantic, and definitely way way way less turned on. And it goes the same for the reverse, obviously. A guy in his 20s...OMG gag me! My son is in his 20s!!! Blargh!

I am just being honest here and do not mean to offend anyone. I doubt I did but just putting that in there.
Riiight! A hunk in his late twenties, fit, full of unbridled testosterone and hung like a horse (talk about gagging) Lmao

j/k jerZ

Old 01-13-2016, 07:06 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Riiight! A hunk in his late twenties, fit, full of unbridled testosterone and hung like a horse (talk about gagging) Lmao

j/k jerZ
LOL...

I knew if anybody was going to find me out...it would be hawaiiancoconut.

No, seriously...yes, 20-year-old dudes can have very good bodies indeed, trust me, no woman could possibly miss that fact and I know sek-seh when I see it but...oh man. There IS such a thing as too young. Well, for me there is, anyway! Probably not for everybody, LOL.

I really do just mentally see my son's friends and well...I go the female equivalent of soft, I guess you'd say. I'd feel like a molester...Just...no. No no no no no N to the O...imma leave you young bucks to the young girls, you kids have fun now. (waving) It's chilly, don't forget to bring a sweater! HC! HC are you listening to me????

Jeez, just...kids.

Old 01-13-2016, 07:09 PM

11 posts, read 5,681 times
Quote:

So in other words, when I was in my early 20s, a guy 35+ just...no. Nope. Couldn't do it. Tried. Soooooooooo not on the same page. And...he just didn't act like me (though I was quite mature for my age)...his trying to "talk like" a 20-year-old was so embarrassing...he was losing his hair, something that certainly wouldn't bother me now but at the time, I was simply not ready for, I mean what can I say. There were just so many things - most of them non-physical, BTW.

Now that I'm in my late 40s, late 40s are not gross to me. But when I was 25? 28? As Steve Martin said: Oh. No. Have. Way.

Re:

OP, the reason you think that is that you are 22 right now, so you and most of your friends are into that.

Honestly I've known a lot of much older guys panting after the younger girls but NEVER in their teens...unless the guy is, again, your age-ish, and even then often not "teens" (really?) because you're just so not on the same page at all...high school v. finished with college, basically. So you may be seeing this because your own personal slant right now is this way. Sometimes, we think of our world as the whole world, and we subconsciously seek out "proof" that we're right by listening to those who agree and disregarding those who don't. Don't discount the power of psychology here - you may be psyching yourself into thinking as soon as you pass your mid-20s, bam, your attractiveness will be gone.
Amen Jer-Z!

Old 01-13-2016, 07:13 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
LOL...

I knew if anybody was going to find me out...it would be hawaiiancoconut.

No, seriously...yes, 20-year-old dudes can have very good bodies indeed, trust me, no woman could possibly miss that fact and I know sek-seh when I see it but...oh man. There IS such a thing as too young. Well, for me there is, anyway! Probably not for everybody, LOL.

I really do just mentally see my son's friends and well...I go the female equivalent of soft, I guess you'd say. I'd feel like a molester...Just...no. No no no no no N to the O...imma leave you young bucks to the young girls, you kids have fun now. (waving) It's chilly, don't forget to bring a sweater! HC! HC are you listening to me????

Jeez, just...kids.
Agree who wants to be the old broad with the young stud?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships