Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 03:01 PM

1,592 posts, read 1,211,372 times

Advertisements

It's such a lazy question. When I think of lazy questions, it's right up there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2016, 03:03 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Love this question. It's easy. Yeah, its job interview-ey, but its a chance to tell them about my passions in life.

Old 01-14-2016, 03:05 PM

Haha! Start telling them that I work with orphans and go all out. Yeah, it does leave it wide open. Could have a lot of fun with it.

Old 01-14-2016, 03:26 PM

20,364 posts, read 14,636,289 times
A question I like to ask people as I get to know them, just for fun...might not do so on the first date, because I don't want to sound like I'm interrogating anyone...

If you could dream up a perfect future for yourself, and there are no limitations whatsoever...particularly not where money is concerned, what does that future look like? Describe what you'd do with your time, what kind of home you would have, any hobbies or interests you'd indulge, and if you like, what kind of relationships, love life, or family you would want to share it with.

I like to get a feel for people's hopes and dreams.

(BEFORE I CRUSH THEM! MUAHAHAHA!!)

just kidding.

Old 01-14-2016, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
A question I like to ask people as I get to know them, just for fun...might not do so on the first date, because I don't want to sound like I'm interrogating anyone...

If you could dream up a perfect future for yourself, and there are no limitations whatsoever...particularly not where money is concerned, what does that future look like? Describe what you'd do with your time, what kind of home you would have, any hobbies or interests you'd indulge, and if you like, what kind of relationships, love life, or family you would want to share it with.

I like to get a feel for people's hopes and dreams.

(BEFORE I CRUSH THEM! MUAHAHAHA!!)

just kidding.
LOL! Niiiiiice girl.

Old 01-14-2016, 03:29 PM

4,829 posts, read 4,281,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Love this question. It's easy. Yeah, its job interview-ey, but its a chance to tell them about my passions in life.

When you get down to brass tacks, dating is pretty much an interview during the beginning stages. It's just a matter of do you feel the potential applicant is qualified for the position.

Old 01-14-2016, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
When you get down to brass tacks, dating is pretty much an interview during the beginning stages. It's just a matter of do you feel the potential applicant is qualified for the position.
I would get a chuckle telling a woman that "I'd like to thank you for exploring opportunities with me. I've decided to bring you on board."

Old 01-14-2016, 03:33 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,482,455 times
I don't ask it. When people have asked it of me, I don't consider it entertaining them to answer. I just threw it back at them. "What do you want to know?"

It's indeed a lazy question, and generally the mark of a lousy conversationalist. I can't recall a time when there was a second date after hearing that. If anyone asked this of me now, I'd say, "For starters, I don't like talking about myself."

Old 01-14-2016, 03:33 PM

4,829 posts, read 4,281,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svendrell View Post
I would get a chuckle telling a woman that "I'd like to thank you for exploring opportunities with me. I've decided to bring you on board."

We laugh, but it's true. Some people I enjoy having conversations with and others I just plain don't. It's a contributor to how dating can be terribly frustrating. It's not like every person you meet is going to blow your mind. Someone is going to show for their interview in dirty and wrinkled clothing with bed head. Haha

Old 01-14-2016, 03:34 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
See that's the great thing about my dating life............ As I meet most whilst out on a night out ( drinking ) we get to know each other quite well even before the " 1st date ". So when we do go out for the first time it's usually jumped up to the " recruitment process "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships