Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 12:21 PM

403 posts, read 472,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I don't know how you get 4 months when you have 5 1/2 months.

You must either wilt under any amount of pressure or dating really isn't high on your priority list.
I would like to be signing a lease on 4/1 to move in by June 1st. So that gives me close to 3months
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2016, 12:28 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,521,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by te3t View Post
I would like to be signing a lease on 4/1 to move in by June 1st. So that gives me close to 3months
What on April fools day.......... LMAO!!

A very bad omen mate

Old 01-16-2016, 12:28 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,991,145 times
Quote:
OK, so that's 3 months. That's over 90 days. That's a ton of time.

Plus, she could have went with you apartment hunting. Seriously you could have mixed pleasure with work.

Like I said, you wilt under even the slightest of pressures.

Old 01-16-2016, 12:48 PM

24,557 posts, read 18,239,810 times
My guess is that the OP is barely squeaking by getting the rent in late and paying utilities as they're being shut off. It's the most likely explanation for why he's being booted out of his housing. This is a crisis because the OP has no way of scraping up first, last, and security deposit on a new apartment. "I can't date" really means the only possible way of not living in a cardboard box in June is to completely stop any discretionary spending. I suspect that when you're in that position, you're not thinking about anything rationally. Your income stream likely also sucks, mostly because your behavior at work is similar to your behavior in your private life.

The rational thing any grown-up would say is, "My housing situation is vaporizing on me soon. I need to really dial back my spending so I can afford to move. I'm going to be a pretty low budget date until I get it sorted out."

Old 01-16-2016, 10:17 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,271,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
My guess is that the OP is barely squeaking by getting the rent in late and paying utilities as they're being shut off. It's the most likely explanation for why he's being booted out of his housing. This is a crisis because the OP has no way of scraping up first, last, and security deposit on a new apartment. "I can't date" really means the only possible way of not living in a cardboard box in June is to completely stop any discretionary spending. I suspect that when you're in that position, you're not thinking about anything rationally. Your income stream likely also sucks, mostly because your behavior at work is similar to your behavior in your private life.

The rational thing any grown-up would say is, "My housing situation is vaporizing on me soon. I need to really dial back my spending so I can afford to move. I'm going to be a pretty low budget date until I get it sorted out."
This. Honestly if a man said what the op said the last thing I would be doing is talking about free events like the ops date said . I would be instantly turned off because it indicates that he's most likely broke asf and has poor life coping skills. Put hold on dating while it takes you close to 6 months to figure out where to live?

It indicates that op is someone who probably consistently gets into dramatic messy situations where they lose all footing... And two date is not any investment on my end yet, there would be no reason for me to continue dating or wonder how you felt, because the only thing I would be thinking is that you don't have your life together and I would not want to date you because of it.

I feel for you op. I know men like you and unfortunately their lives are pretty crappy, constantly in bad luck financial situations that just "happen" and it takes them ages to climb out and they just can't get their s*** together every time it happens. It's unfortunate for you but I honestly think it's best you do place a hold on dating.... From your op I just get this feeling that you need to get more stable before you date.

Old 01-16-2016, 11:01 PM

30,254 posts, read 23,725,162 times
Quote:
It's not the moving process it's me finding an affordable price in a low crime area
You clearly have internet, it's not that hard to find a place. I have moved from states to a new place, which is even harder than you moving to a new place in the same city, as when you do this from out of state, you typically get a lot of, "you need to be here" because they don't want to make any agreements without meeting you. And I've been able to do that in less than a week.

If you want something enough, you make it work. Essentially you're telling this girl that you can't handle even the smallest of issues, and then you put it on her as if she's going to cause you more grief. She listened to your ridiculous excuse and still gave you a chance by talking about all of the free events there are to do. You don't look for a place to live 24/7, and no it does not take that much energy to find a new place.

But what does it matter? She hung up on you. She got the message. You told her if she doesn't want to wait that you would understand...so what's the point of this thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships