Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 01:01 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,621,941 times

Advertisements

I certainly don't believe everything men (or women) tell me so your thread title is already wrong.

Mod cut.

Edit: OP is a woman, just to let people know.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-15-2016 at 07:57 PM.. Reason: Off-topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2016, 01:05 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyk4 View Post
I have many friends who believe what men tell them. Not just this one. It is an example. And they are all over 40.
Then they are desperate.

Old 01-15-2016, 01:06 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
Only naive women believe everything they hear and see. Smart women can sense when a man is bsing them.

Old 01-15-2016, 01:07 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times
Quote:
For example my coworker believes a guy when he tells her after 1 date that she is "the one" then she sleeps with him unprotected because he tells her he gets tested every 2 months....then after they hook up a few times he doesn't want to date her exclusively anymore. She asks me for advice but I just don't know what to say since she isn't a close friend.
She doesn't think he is playing her....she believes he just still has feeling for his ex and can't get over it....and he really does like her because he said she is the only woman he wanted to see again after they hooked up.
Well, you are a woman. Why do you believe everything men tell you?

Old 01-15-2016, 02:38 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Desperation and or inexperience.

Old 01-15-2016, 02:40 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,451,329 times
It's largely projecting.
The person wants it to be true, so they choose to believe it is.

Add to that a good heap of hormones making their way in to help influence the situation and good judgment gives way to instant gratification.

Old 01-15-2016, 02:42 PM

20,390 posts, read 14,656,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Good point. We've had guys posting here who "met" Russian college students online and were in the process of buying air travel tickets to Moscow to go meet them. And there was the famous case of the university professor who flew to Peru to meet a stranger whom he took to be the love of his life online, except that she never existed, and he ended up in jail for drug trafficking.
Let's see... Women who tried to scam my ex, who was very emotionally vulnerable and let these dames get inside his guard a bit before he found out what they were doing and slammed the door on it (often with tears of, "Why am I not good enough?" and all)...

There was the older lady who lived in the country, saw on his profile he's a disabled vet, and chatted him up for a while before starting to describe all of the chronic pain she's got and ask him if he could get her free pain meds from the VA.

Then there was the "Turkish" woman who, after a few weeks where she was never available to meet, had to fly home to see her ailing father or something, but then there was a big family fight and she was stranded there and needed him to send her money for a plane ticket to get home. (*sigh* Riiigghhht...)

Then there was the young pill-head gal he actually had come LIVE IN OUR HOUSE for two weeks because she was between couches. She didn't even give him any sex or affection. She friend zoned him and he still gave her a room to crash in. However, by the end of the 2 weeks she was more than ready to get out and away from his crazy.

I've heard about women who claimed to need money for cell phones, for any number of things. Plenty of people out to scam the vulnerable...men and women alike...

Old 01-15-2016, 02:43 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
If the OP is genuinely interested in WHY this happens, this is the reason.

However, in my experience, in any thread that starts with "why do....", the OP is more interested in conveying an opinion by disguising it as fact and asking for reasoning behind said "fact". I see 4 of these on the front page alone.
That is very astute.

Old 01-15-2016, 02:54 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,207,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
If the OP is genuinely interested in WHY this happens, this is the reason.

However, in my experience, in any thread that starts with "why do....", the OP is more interested in conveying an opinion by disguising it as fact and asking for reasoning behind said "fact". I see 4 of these on the front page alone.
True but I have to wonder why can't they just preface their statements by saying "some men/women" or saying "in my opinion"?

And then all they have to back up their "facts" are anecdotes.

Old 01-15-2016, 02:59 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
I have many friends who believe what men tell them. Not just this one. It is an example. And they are all over 40.
You have a lot of naive immature female friends then. If you don't want to hear the details of her life or give advice then tell her that and change the subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships