Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 09:24 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,894,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Your self-esteem should not be so closely tied to another person that it's destroyed if they don't notice you. You need to work on this before even trying to date.
This, above all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2016, 09:27 PM

13 posts, read 12,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
The longer you delay in asking her out, the more likely she is to lose interest in you.

Next time you go to the bank, just go to her and say hello. If she can help you with your transaction, then great. You have an excuse to chat with her. If your transaction is not something she can help you with, just ask her if she'd like to go out with you for coffee. If she's agreeable, get her phone number, and then call her right away to set a date.

Do not waste any more opportunities.
I will ask her but can I assess what the reaction will be from last week?

Old 01-18-2016, 09:36 PM

5,132 posts, read 4,481,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon12345 View Post
I will ask her but can I assess what the reaction will be from last week?
Keep in mind that your assessment may be wrong. You don't know what's going on in anyone's head, or why the behave the way they do. Sometimes people's behavior has nothing to do with you.

Forget about what happened last week. I would advise you to just approach her in a friendly and direct manner, and take it from there. And RELAX. She's only a person. There's no need for all this anxiety.

Old 01-18-2016, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
Keep in mind that your assessment may be wrong. You don't know what's going on in anyone's head or why the behave the way they do. Sometimes people's behavior has nothing to do with you.

Forget about what happened last week. I would advise you to just approach her in a friendly and direct manner, and take it from there. And RELAX. She's only a person. There's no need for all this anxiety.

Will do.

Thanks!

Old 01-18-2016, 09:42 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,517,024 times
Agreed with hcoconut and auraliea on the polite factor

OP she will not get mad if you make conversation based on this. As for the small talk...... I was the same as you in the sense I only was in the bank once a week so when I was with her I'd say " it's a shame I dont get paid every day " or " I wished I lost my bank card every day LOL " she would ask why? And I'd reply " that way i'd get to see YOU every day! ".

And it worked she started asking where I go out for a drink or clubbing etc so I wrote my number down and pushed it through the counter and cheekily said " I'll show ya! "

That's how we got together. I'm sure once your there talking to her things/small talk will come natural to you

Again I wish you well

Old 01-18-2016, 09:50 PM

22,556 posts, read 47,605,466 times
Quote:

One other thing I have noticed is that when I am there, sometimes out of the 4 total tellers there, none of the tellers will acknowledge me except her. This implicitly suggests that they know she likes me.

Sorry, but that is not true.

You need to work on your self-esteem issues before you date anyone, including this lady.

Old 01-18-2016, 09:51 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,328,608 times
Quote:
Thank you for your comment.

One other thing I have noticed is that when I am there, sometimes out of the 4 total tellers there, none of the tellers will acknowledge me except her. This implicitly suggests that they know she likes me.

I don't know much about her but the way she comes across me, I know that she likes me from all the body language she has displayed.

I used to go on Friday's when it is slow.

Since I work two jobs, I go on Monday or Tuesday's now.

From her interactions, even though they are very brief, I think she is single.
Okay..... make your move next time you encounter her. Ask her if she would be interested in doing something after work (or whatever you plan on saying)

I really hope you can take rejection well if this doesn't pan out for you. Best of luck, Guy

Old 01-18-2016, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Okay..... make your move next time you encounter her. Ask her if she would be interested in doing something after work (or whatever you plan on saying)

I really hope you can take rejection well if this doesn't pan out for you. Best of luck, Guy

Thank you!

What do you think her thoughts would be from last week if I may ask?

Old 01-18-2016, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Sorry, but that is not true.

You need to work on your self-esteem issues before you date anyone, including this lady.

For those tellers that do not acknowledge me, I am the only one in the branch and this has happened on more than a few occasions...

I will look into the self-esteem issue.

Old 01-18-2016, 10:07 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,894,485 times
Quote:

I will look into the self-esteem issue.
This ^^^ is the basis for ALL your interactions, romantic and otherwise.

No one here has any idea what she may be thinking. It's ALL speculation. No one can read her mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships