Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 09:50 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
My wife and I waited until marriage, which was 40 years ago. We were both very inexperienced on our wedding night. However, we learned together....
IMHO, this is the ONLY way this proposition works.

If one of you has already had sex with someone else, forget it.

Old 01-20-2016, 10:19 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,829,673 times
My husband and waited until engagement. No challenges, no regrets.

Old 01-21-2016, 12:11 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,717,447 times
No. If this is a strongly held belief of yours, and you believe it makes you a better person, hold onto it.

Old 01-21-2016, 02:45 AM

3,052 posts, read 2,923,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
Anyone here waiting until marriage to become intimate? If so how long have you waited and what challenges have you experienced? Do you regret your decision or do you intend to stay the way you are no longer how long it takes?
Yes, me and fiancé have waited a little over a year now. We just had the normal challenges of not wanting to wait, of course. We don't regret it at all, we want to do something right for once and honor God's institution of marriage and the role of intimacy in it. It should only be a matter of two or three months now, things have just been delayed because moving him here from out of state has been a little more difficult than we first expected!

Old 01-21-2016, 05:18 AM

417 posts, read 593,966 times
OP I am not sure where many of these posters live but I don't think it will work in many places. I have a religious friend from who moved to the US as a teenager. I admire her for sticking to her values but she is a 45 year old virgin. I have many other friends that are female in their 40s that are virgins in the US despatately wanting to get married but it is difficult to compete with women that will become intimate. There families brainwashed them. It will work in your 20s but not when you get older.

Old 01-21-2016, 06:04 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
Anyone here waiting until marriage to become intimate? If so how long have you waited and what challenges have you experienced? Do you regret your decision or do you intend to stay the way you are no longer how long it takes?
Definitely not waiting until marriage. I would want to have an idea of what I can expect sexually before I write my name on a marriage license. I used to be Christian and believe in that nonsense but not anymore.

Old 01-21-2016, 06:08 AM

35 posts, read 43,543 times
5 years been celibate and still going strong. Back in the day sex used to be called love making because you actually had to be in love with the person you were in the act with. Now, it's called sex because (i guess) no feelings have to be involved to do it, it's all sexual..nothing more. I can't do that. I remain old fashioned. My friends think i'm crazy but i refuse to be swayed. It sure has weeded out a lot of men who were only looking to get into my pants. The right man will wait for me.

Old 01-21-2016, 06:16 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
...well, read some of the threads on here and you'll find that few guys will wait 3 dates...and some won't go past 1 date without sex...so you'll have a tough time. And anecdotally I'll bet you're much more likely to find guys with very screwed up views about sex and women...but you may not find that out until it's too late and you're married. So very risky for you...waiting until you're married doesn't guarantee you'll escape problems with sex - it just delays them.

Old 01-21-2016, 06:34 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
My wife and I waited until marriage, which was 40 years ago. We were both very inexperienced on our wedding night. However, we learned together, so after awhile it got better and better and still continued to get better year after year. It was always fun, and we always have enjoyed the wonderful feeling of having sex with your life long partner and best friend. Sex should help keep the spark and fun in a marriage. I totally reject the free wheeling sexual adventure lifestyle that people choose today. Because of this, so many use sex as an way to make themselves feel good without much regard for how the other person feels, that night, and after.

Right, because 40 years ago, 1976, there was no free wheeling wildsex....

Except it was far more prevalent then!

Old 01-21-2016, 06:36 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
I tried. I made the vow at my church and had a purity ring. But I was dumb and slept with my first boyfriend. We lived together and he told me we would get married... Yea right...
You can def do it but its hard. Plus once you get intimate just once you miss it if you try and wait it out again. You also might feel guilty if you try to wait but then dont.
Not everyone is like this and if you would read some of the threads on this forum you would know that those who are still virgins say they *miss it*......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships