Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2016, 10:03 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Nah. Got to look under the hood, check for rust on the undercarriage, take 'em for a test drive on all sorts of terrain, pay attention for weird noises or smells, kick the tires, maybe even run the VIN number... Oh right, we're taking about sex. Same rules apply.
Yup, I'm with you.

Though, if we're using the OP's definition of "sex" as being only PIV penetration, certainly one can find out lots of stuff without having sex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
I wouldn't read too much into the phrase; free-loving hippies used that euphemism quite promiscuously. Personally, no matter how in love I am, I can't say "makin lurv" with a straight face.
I'm with you on this too.

Can't help but giggle a bit when I say it.

Old 01-21-2016, 10:10 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,483,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
My wife and I waited until marriage, which was 40 years ago. We were both very inexperienced on our wedding night. However, we learned together, so after awhile it got better and better and still continued to get better year after year. It was always fun, and we always have enjoyed the wonderful feeling of having sex with your life long partner and best friend. Sex should help keep the spark and fun in a marriage. I totally reject the free wheeling sexual adventure lifestyle that people choose today. Because of this, so many use sex as an way to make themselves feel good without much regard for how the other person feels, that night, and after.
You're 40 years out of the loop, yet this matters to you enough for you to "reject" it? It would seem you have nothing to reject, as it has nothing to do with you and no bearing on your life. How would you even know what other people do, much less the reasons why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Right, because 40 years ago, 1976, there was no free wheeling wildsex....

Except it was far more prevalent then!
Ah, rest in peace, Steve Rubell...

Old 01-21-2016, 12:10 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,880 times
It was never an appealing option for me, so I couldn't be with someone who held this belief. It's less to do with determining compatability (though that is important for a long-term relationship!) and more to do with the simple fact that I'd want to have sex with the person I am in a serious relationship with. To me it's the natural progression of things and I couldn't be with someone who didn't feel similarly.

Old 01-21-2016, 01:48 PM

44,355 posts, read 20,063,008 times
Thread closed. Duplicate topic.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.