Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2016, 02:12 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,591,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy1114 View Post

I just get the vibe that he’s not that into me ....
I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2016, 02:35 PM

48,302 posts, read 34,433,441 times
I've found that if a guy is into you he locks it down pretty quick. They don't like the thought that you could be seeing other guys.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-21-2016, 02:48 PM

20,686 posts, read 19,813,350 times
He is either gay or just not that into you.

After 3 months you guys should be madly in love

Old 01-21-2016, 03:42 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,218,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I've found that if a guy is into you he locks it down pretty quick. They don't like the thought that you could be seeing other guys.
Agreed!

Old 01-21-2016, 03:56 PM

2,659 posts, read 2,069,475 times
Or he might be a virgin and/or very inexperienced despite of what he says. If you are interested try to be a bit more open/aggressive yourself to encourage him. But if he draws back, you have your answer...

Old 01-21-2016, 04:03 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,755,640 times
OP:

Busy yourself with other activities that do not involve him.

Wait for him to contact you.

Do not contact him.

If he wants to continue seeing you, then he has to pursue you.

Put the ball in his court.

If he does not do this then you know your answer.

Old 01-21-2016, 05:07 PM

11,368 posts, read 24,331,439 times
He's not that into you. My husband and I were official in less than two weeks. Don't let this guy string you along.

Find someone else to date.

Old 01-21-2016, 05:12 PM

521 posts, read 517,766 times
Quote:
I just get the vibe that he’s not that into me and Idk if I should bail or give him more time since we’ve been taking things slow. What do you think?
Your female intuition is correct. Everything you described in your post suggests he's just not into you. He's not even infatuated with you. If he was, you would not have to ask him to text you more.

Don't be surprised if he friend zones you. If you like him as a friend what's the hurry to be his girlfriend?

Old 01-22-2016, 06:13 AM

19,601 posts, read 20,046,650 times
"Not ready" means No. So, no point in waiting around. Definitely stop doing whatever *girlfriend* type things you may have been doing to keep him around (i.e. texting, sex, cooking, massages, errands, etc... ) Whatever it is, cut it out and take 2 steps back.

Old 01-22-2016, 06:33 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,206,596 times
Quote:
I’ve been going out with a 23 yo guy for about 3 months (about once to twice per week). He hasn’t dated much and he said his longest relationship was around 6 months. However, he’s not a virgin. He’s been taking things super slow with me. We kissed on the third date and still haven’t gone past 1st base. He used to text me every few days to set up a date. When I told him I’d like to hear from him more often, he’s now texting me at least once every other day but always takes a long time to reply.

He’s a nice guy and I’m attracted to him. He’s introduced me to a couple of his friends and I’ve met some of his. This past weekend, I asked him if he would like to become official, he said he’s not seeing anyone else right now but he’s not ready to commit to a relationship with me yet. He’d like to keep going like this for a while until he makes up his mind. He said he likes me and sees a potential together. He also said he’s hesitant because of how busy school is right now. I just get the vibe that he’s not that into me and Idk if I should bail or give him more time since we’ve been taking things slow. What do you think?
You can continue to date HIM while seeing other guys. I know it seems like a strange concept in this age of "serial monogamy" but people did it in the '50's (and other times as well!). There's nothing wrong with it since you're far from being exclusive. It will keep you from pressuring him too much and you also aren't being "kept on a shelf" waiting for him to make up his mind. And you can drop him any time you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships