Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2016, 12:26 PM

9 posts, read 7,867 times

Advertisements

I’ve been going out with a 23 yo guy for about 3 months (about once to twice per week). He hasn’t dated much and he said his longest relationship was around 6 months. However, he’s not a virgin. He’s been taking things super slow with me. We kissed on the third date and still haven’t gone past 1st base. He used to text me every few days to set up a date. When I told him I’d like to hear from him more often, he’s now texting me at least once every other day but always takes a long time to reply.

He’s a nice guy and I’m attracted to him. He’s introduced me to a couple of his friends and I’ve met some of his. This past weekend, I asked him if he would like to become official, he said he’s not seeing anyone else right now but he’s not ready to commit to a relationship with me yet. He’d like to keep going like this for a while until he makes up his mind. He said he likes me and sees a potential together. He also said he’s hesitant because of how busy school is right now. I just get the vibe that he’s not that into me and Idk if I should bail or give him more time since we’ve been taking things slow. What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2016, 12:32 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Do you enjoy your time together?

If so, stick around. If not, go your own way.

Old 01-21-2016, 12:33 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
It has only been three months... what is your rush?

Old 01-21-2016, 12:42 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
If he was all over you I bet you'd run.

4,290 posts, read 4,011,598 times
Take it easy. Slow things has long life quick things has short life. So..

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
I don't think 3 months is that long either.

Old 01-21-2016, 12:46 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Of course he's not committing. You haven't had sex.

But that's a damn long time to not have sex at 23. Doesn't make sense.

Old 01-21-2016, 12:47 PM

462 posts, read 550,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy1114 View Post
I’ve been going out with a 23 yo guy for about 3 months (about once to twice per week). He hasn’t dated much and he said his longest relationship was around 6 months. However, he’s not a virgin. He’s been taking things super slow with me. We kissed on the third date and still haven’t gone past 1st base. He used to text me every few days to set up a date. When I told him I’d like to hear from him more often, he’s now texting me at least once every other day but always takes a long time to reply.

He’s a nice guy and I’m attracted to him. He’s introduced me to a couple of his friends and I’ve met some of his. This past weekend, I asked him if he would like to become official, he said he’s not seeing anyone else right now but he’s not ready to commit to a relationship with me yet. He’d like to keep going like this for a while until he makes up his mind. He said he likes me and sees a potential together. He also said he’s hesitant because of how busy school is right now. I just get the vibe that he’s not that into me and Idk if I should bail or give him more time since we’ve been taking things slow. What do you think?

Dump him and start dating other guys. If he really likes you then he will chase you. Some red flags here: For one, he is taking things super slow- after 3 months not trying to get past 1st base? Either he is gay or not attracted to you. 2

When guys are interested in a girl there isn't any doubt. We don't need to make up our minds, we want you from date one. And there is no such thing as too busy, only too busy for YOU.

Young women on here- always remember this: when a guy wants you he leaves no doubt about it. This guy is just hanging with you until someone "better" comes along. Move on.

Old 01-21-2016, 01:01 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbach View Post
Dump him and start dating other guys. If he really likes you then he will chase you. Some red flags here: For one, he is taking things super slow- after 3 months not trying to get past 1st base? Either he is gay or not attracted to you. 2

When guys are interested in a girl there isn't any doubt. We don't need to make up our minds, we want you from date one. And there is no such thing as too busy, only too busy for YOU.

Young women on here- always remember this: when a guy wants you he leaves no doubt about it. This guy is just hanging with you until someone "better" comes along. Move on.
This, kind of. I agree he's not that into you. Guys who are into you are usually not hesitant, especially after 3 months

I disagree that you want him to chase you after you start dating someone else. Who wants a guy who only wants her when she decides to date others?

Old 01-21-2016, 01:06 PM

462 posts, read 550,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
This, kind of. I agree he's not that into you. Guys who are into you are usually not hesitant, especially after 3 months

I disagree that you want him to chase you after you start dating someone else. Who wants a guy who only wants her when she decides to date others?
I wasn't very clear, not that she would want him to chase, but it would indicate he does have interest. A lot of guys only want what they can't have. Either way I think she should move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships