Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 02:24 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,301,772 times

Advertisements

Be yourself, stop looking for a woman, if it happens it's meant to be if not don't try. Absolute crock of s*** advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2016, 02:37 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
My son existed a relationship a few years ago, when we where discussing the problems he faced and all of the fun that comes with break ups he decided to play me a voice mail from his now ex off his phone to show me the type of person he had to deal with

One of the lines she ended the message on was
"if you can't deal with me at my worst you don't deserve to have me have me at my best"

He ended the relationship due to drug use and irrational behavior on her part.

yaaah...

Pretty sure that is a line from some movie somewhere she probably heard and thought sounded great in her downward spiraling situation.

Old 01-22-2016, 02:42 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,301,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
My son existed a relationship a few years ago, when we where discussing the problems he faced and all of the fun that comes with break ups he decided to play me a voice mail from his now ex off his phone to show me the type of person he had to deal with

"if you can't deal with me at my worst you don't deserve to have me have me at my best"

yaaah...

Pretty sure that is a line from some movie somewhere she probably heard and thought sounded great in her downward spiraling situation.
If a woman ever uses that statement, just run in the other direction.

Old 01-22-2016, 02:52 PM

1,921 posts, read 1,739,487 times
- Date someone your own race, you'll have less problems: Hum, no. I'm not attracted to people my own race. Went on two dates with two different guys, no spark whatsoever because I was not attracted to them mentally or physically.

- You'll just know he's the one: I thought I knew once ... I was fooling myself, big time.

- Find another guy to get over the last one: It doesn't always work.

Old 01-22-2016, 03:47 PM

732 posts, read 1,045,234 times
I've never received this advice but it is often offered here, especially to men...

"Take dancing/salsa lessons. You'll meet a ton of ladies who love to dance and will fight to dance with you."

Here's the scenario...

10 dorks show up at studio for the 1st lesson. Dancing instructor is middle aged female. 2 other middle aged ladies show up together, married of course.

During the course of the evening, the point comes when instructor suggests partnering up to practice. Each man approaches each woman about dancing. Each lady politely declines and explain that they're best friends and want to practice with each other.

The instructor spends the rest of session dancing with each of the guys, while the other guys awkwardly practice solo dancing in front of mirror.

At the end of class, dance instructor is panting and red faced from dancing all night and the 2 married ladies saunter out to continue their girl's night out at the espresso bar. The dorks leave and curse themselves for believing the experts who told them to take dance lessons.

Last edited by mandavaran; 01-22-2016 at 03:59 PM..

Old 01-22-2016, 03:58 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,224,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
If a woman ever uses that statement, just run in the other direction.
Agreed! That is a statement I associate with men and women with personality disorders. Nothing good follows after this.

Old 01-22-2016, 06:04 PM

19,383 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post

yaaah...

Ugh. Yeah, you hear that one a lot. Can't stand it.

I honestly can't remember receiving much dating advice. Not sure if that's good or bad.

Old 01-22-2016, 06:07 PM

426 posts, read 370,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post

I honestly can't remember receiving much dating advice. Not sure if that's good or bad.
Talk to only one woman at a time
Nope i talk to multiple
If i aint official with someone i will speak to multiple woman
Like if people really think once you start talking to someone you are all of a sudden going to start getting along

Old 01-22-2016, 06:15 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSparks View Post
Talk to only one woman at a time
Nope i talk to multiple
If i aint official with someone i will speak to multiple woman
Like if people really think once you start talking to someone you are all of a sudden going to start getting along
What's the square root of 754?

Old 01-22-2016, 06:43 PM

1,351 posts, read 1,597,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSparks View Post
the best way to find a lady is to stop looking
Absolute bs
Almost every single lady i dated was because i put my self out there
Heck if i didnt theres no way i could be dating.
I don't think that advice is BS, I just think it's often misunderstood. It's primarily aimed at men and women who seem desperate and/or overly invested in trying to find a partner.

People (regardless of relationship status - single, in a relationship, married, etc) should put themselves out there at least occasionally and interact with society. It's just a healthy thing to do, it helps keep you aware and engaged with the world...and it can lead to many fun moments, learning experiences and new interpersonal connections.

Ideally, the "putting yourself out there" should be naturally interspersed with the other things you do in your life. In other words, it shouldn't require much thought and effort; it's simply something you DO from time to time because you want to, similar to eating a good meal or watching your favorite team or whatever.

Most people who approach life and the world in the above way will naturally encounter more than a few people where the attraction is present and the dating potential is there. (As opposed to temporarily flipping an invisible switch in the brain to go into "MUST FIND A WOMAN" mission mode.) At that point it's merely a matter of recognizing the opportunity, building up a bit of rapport and (if things seem to go well so far) making a move. Unless you live out in the middle of nowhere, there's a heck of a lot of people out there all around you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships