Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 02:27 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,989 times

Advertisements

You're a self-fulfilling prophecy at this point. You think your ex was perfect therefore no one else can match up.

You need some pretty intense therapy. I bet you'd even benefit from inpatient. From everything I've read, you hold on to the past like there's no tomorrow. Do you enjoy living this way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2016, 02:34 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
You're a self-fulfilling prophecy at this point. You think your ex was perfect therefore no one else can match up.

You need some pretty intense therapy. I bet you'd even benefit from inpatient. From everything I've read, you hold on to the past like there's no tomorrow. Do you enjoy living this way?
Telling me that I need therapy over and over again is not going to make me go to therapy.

Old 01-24-2016, 02:35 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,607,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Well, just because it wasn't serious for him doesn't mean that it wasn't serious for me. And his new girlfriend doesn't look any better than I do, so apparently my looks weren't the problem.
Got it. I was thinking this was a hypothetical situation. Guess not.

You really need to ask yourself if you want to move on and have a successful relationship, or continue to be miserable and dwell on this person. It's been suggested to you repeatedly to seek counseling because you have major intimacy issues. There's only so much advice on the Internet can do for you.

You know this all already. You've been on this forum long enough to know all the standard advice. If you aren't going to try to help yourself, how can you expect anything to get better?

Old 01-24-2016, 02:41 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Telling me that I need therapy over and over again is not going to make me go to therapy.
Then you will be here forever posting the same things.

He didn't feel the same about you, and that's about as far from perfect as you can get.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-24-2016, 02:52 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
I pray, I don't ever find another person like my ex's.

Old 01-24-2016, 02:53 PM

52,233 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Maybe it's just me, but if I got kicked to the curb I'd have a hard time feeling that she was "all of that", I mean at some point your ego kicks in and you get a little self pride. In terms of if someone is still carrying a torch they probably shouldn't be dating anyone, cause no one, man or woman, wants to feel like a consolation prize.

Wait some time, get some clarity and then jump on the horse again.

Old 01-24-2016, 02:54 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,989 times
Quote:
And? That doesn't mean you don't need it.

You know you need therapy. You refuse to go. Stop complaining when you have a potential solution at your fingertips.

Old 01-24-2016, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClutterbuck View Post
Got it. I was thinking this was a hypothetical situation. Guess not.

You really need to ask yourself if you want to move on and have a successful relationship, or continue to be miserable and dwell on this person. It's been suggested to you repeatedly to seek counseling because you have major intimacy issues. There's only so much advice on the Internet can do for you.

You know this all already. You've been on this forum long enough to know all the standard advice. If you aren't going to try to help yourself, how can you expect anything to get better?
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
And? That doesn't mean you don't need it.

You know you need therapy. You refuse to go. Stop complaining when you have a potential solution at your fingertips.
I don't see why everything I post has to be made into a personal issue though. I'm sure I'm not the only person in the world who's ever been hung up on someone before. Why can't we just discuss that issue in general?

Old 01-24-2016, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Maybe it's just me, but if I got kicked to the curb I'd have a hard time feeling that she was "all of that", I mean at some point your ego kicks in and you get a little self pride. In terms of if someone is still carrying a torch they probably shouldn't be dating anyone, cause no one, man or woman, wants to feel like a consolation prize.

Wait some time, get some clarity and then jump on the horse again.
Yeah, I mean I just feel like I'm looking for his replacement at this point. He did replace other people who I thought I really liked before I met him, but I can't find anyone to replace him.

Old 01-24-2016, 03:02 PM

22,581 posts, read 47,649,975 times
Quote:
I don't see why everything I post has to be made into a personal issue though.
Maybe because it is a personal issue!

He prefers someone other than you.
For some reason, you are refusing to see that, or even accept that.
Why on earth are you wasting any time mooning over someone who does not want you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships