Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 02:39 PM

78 posts, read 229,566 times

Advertisements

Hi, i'm on a dating site where you can see who's viewed you, add as a favorite or express subtle interest (a wink) or something.

A lot of girls just express that they want a nice relationship- not a superficial player.

What's a good introductory message in OLD (to a woman)?

In real life, i rarely use much more than hey, hi or simple small talk. But i guess hey, doesn't cut it in the online dating world. What's a good way to introduce yourself and engage interest? Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 02:41 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,601,893 times
Simple talk is probably the best way to go. Id introduce myself briefly and say that XYZ caught my attention in their profile, along with attractivness shown by the pics. I wouldnt overthink it at all.

Old 08-08-2013, 05:58 PM

818 posts, read 916,833 times
I'd tell you mine but then women would think you were me .....
Actually just start with something like - Hi ! I read through your profile and .... or
just use your own words, be sincere and not too blunt or cold sounding

Old 08-08-2013, 06:04 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,197,397 times
willing to pay

Old 08-08-2013, 06:20 PM

105 posts, read 283,873 times
I like when a man introduces himself, tells me what about my profile he found interesting, and its always nice if he includes a nice compliment (beautiful, gorgeous, pretty is preferable. Sexy is alright but it gets him the side eye for a little bit)

I always reply to men who approach me in this manner even if it's just to talk. It's those who simply say "hey" or "u r hawt i lyke ur bobz i bet u r gud at sekz" that don't get a reply

Old 08-08-2013, 06:31 PM

1,706 posts, read 3,307,180 times
^^ nothing more to say or act on than this ^^

Old 08-08-2013, 06:42 PM

457 posts, read 604,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGunnar View Post
I like when a man introduces himself, tells me what about my profile he found interesting, and its always nice if he includes a nice compliment (beautiful, gorgeous, pretty is preferable. Sexy is alright but it gets him the side eye for a little bit)

I always reply to men who approach me in this manner even if it's just to talk. It's those who simply say "hey" or "u r hawt i lyke ur bobz i bet u r gud at sekz" that don't get a reply
I guess you're more hospitable than most of the women I message. I generally use that blueprint, have messaged around a dozen women or so amongst a few dating sites, and have yet to receive a response, which tells me I must be unattractive or they are not seriously looking for a relationship.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:50 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,799,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngroh View Post
I guess you're more hospitable than most of the women I message. I generally use that blueprint, have messaged around a dozen women or so amongst a few dating sites, and have yet to receive a response, which tells me I must be unattractive or they are not seriously looking for a relationship.
I think a lot of those profiles are fake or not used. I had the same issue when I messaged men (no response).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Simple talk is probably the best way to go. Id introduce myself briefly and say that XYZ caught my attention in their profile, along with attractivness shown by the pics. I wouldnt overthink it at all.

I like the advice for just casual conversation, the only thing I would add to it is try to ask a question for her to reply to (just in case she's in the same boat you are and doesn't know what to say). Asking a question will give her a way to continue a conversation. So if she says she likes... movies in her profile (for example)... ask her what types of movies she watches or what her favorite movie is and why, etc.

Old 08-08-2013, 07:47 PM

105 posts, read 283,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngroh View Post

Yes, admittedly I am a nice and considerate person to approach. Anyone who has the guts to talk to me and does so respectfully I will reply back to, but I know that isn't the case with everyone man or woman.

You probably aren't ugly or anything, people on dating sites just feel they have the right to be exceptionally picky because they feel there are thousands of people at their disposal and they can nit pick and chose what they want. That's why most are on there for years and years.

Old 08-08-2013, 08:04 PM

39,194 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillH View Post
Hi, i'm on a dating site where you can see who's viewed you, add as a favorite or express subtle interest (a wink) or something.

A lot of girls just express that they want a nice relationship- not a superficial player.

What's a good introductory message in OLD (to a woman)?

In real life, i rarely use much more than hey, hi or simple small talk. But i guess hey, doesn't cut it in the online dating world. What's a good way to introduce yourself and engage interest? Thanks!!
I've been on Match.com twice my life. (4 years ago / 8 month ago) I think that dating site is wonderful. You do need to know how to "sell" (for lack of a better word) yourself.

Concentrate on the kind of person you are, instead of what you've accomplished. List your interests, as many as possible. Keep it short and sweet.

DO NOT list any deal breakers, it is an automatic turn off for a lot of people.

Good luck!

p.s. Actually, I've met a lot of interesting folks on plenty of fish as well. I have never looked for a serious relationship online, so there was no pressures. Just concentrating on having a good time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships