Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 05:03 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuason77 View Post
She's always complaining about money, wants to earn more, get a better salary ... She's never satisfied ! Is she too greedy ? Sometimes she talks about traveling, having money without working ... Strange! She said she envy people that make more money than her, people having expensive cars, vacations every year, this kind of stuff!
You seem too young to understand these things. And you don't seem to be a good match with your girlfriend at all.

She's not too greedy, she's an adult. As long as she's making mature decisions, like taking steps to improve her income, whether through further schooling or whatever, her ambitions and dreams are fine. it's hard to tell from your post what's going on. If she's spendy, and spends all her money on frivolous things, and is only dreaming about expensive cars without making an effort to advance in her career, that's a different matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2016, 05:27 PM

340 posts, read 272,111 times
I don't understand why everyone here is so offensive with me!

Old 02-01-2016, 06:22 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
I took a look at their posts to find the answer to your question, since I haven't been following the thread. The answer is right there in their posts, they tell you why.. You can't miss it.

But face it, OP; you're not happy with your girlfriend for a number of reasons that you've posted about on this forum. So why not break up with her? It seems like you'd be happier. Then you'd be free to find someone who's closer to your values, and who doesn't Facebook message with an ex.

Old 02-01-2016, 06:36 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,715,601 times
Quote:
You lack insight.

That frustrates people.

Old 02-01-2016, 07:27 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,146,559 times
Quote:
She's always complaining about money, wants to earn more, get a better salary ... She's never satisfied ! Is she too greedy ? Sometimes she talks about traveling, having money without working ... Strange! She said she envy people that make more money than her, people having expensive cars, vacations every year, this kind of stuff!
Do you love her? Can you continue to love her even if she has 'issues'?

There is nothing wrong with fantasizing about a better life. Sometimes these fantasies are the catalyst that gets people motivated to increase their skills, and do better in life. Sometimes its just a way to work out not being able to keep up with and impress your peers.

She wants to earn more, get a better job - is she doing anything to improve her skill set?

I work with a woman that says her daughter says many of the same things. Her daughter is always asking her money, even steals money from her, doesn't work and doesn't want to work, and turns down work because she wants to make a lot of money. Went to culinary school to become a chef but doesn't want to be a chef, doesn't want to cook at all. Got a bartenders license but doesn't want to be a bartender....and so on and so forth....until we get to the part of your post that really sticks out...she wants to have a lot of money without working.

Does you girlfriend suffer from abnormally frequent mood swings? My co-workers daughter, my coworker says, was recently diagnosed with some form of bi-polar disorder.

I think everyone has some type of issue these days. Sometimes its not a mental-disorder but looks like one because of drug (prescription or street) or alcohol abuse that has gone relatively undetected. Diabetes and glandular problems, I guess the list is endless.

There is nothing wrong with loving someone with 'issues'. There is nothing wrong with helping someone with issues. AND, if none of this applies, and she is making you nuts, there is nothing wrong with nicely and calmly ending the relationship either.

All relationships require work to succeed, and sometimes simply understanding the source of a problem can help you deal with it better. Then there are those times where the only thing you really can do is call it quits.

Best wishes!

Old 02-01-2016, 07:33 PM

6,883 posts, read 7,881,752 times
Well, you didn't really say that you love her....but my first reaction was not to tell you to break up with her.

I'm curious; is she hinting that she expects YOU to provide the finer things in life for her? She may not realize how she is coming across. I agree it can be frustrating when someone never seems satisfied.

There is nothing wrong with wanting nice things, but we should learn to cherish the everyday small happy moments in life and be grateful for what we do have. Is she at all religious? Maybe daily gratitude is something you could get into a habit of practicing with her. Lots of ideas for this on the internet.

Old 02-01-2016, 07:40 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Not to be too harsh but I think the way you treated her over that ex she has on FB has contributed to this

And as for traveling if she were to go would that be without you?

Old 02-01-2016, 07:41 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:
Is she complaining or wishing? Complaining or planning? Are you insecure because YOU couldn't provide those things? If you don't even want to travel or do the other things that are important to her maybe you should split up - you're not compatible.

Old 02-01-2016, 08:24 PM

2,894 posts, read 2,450,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
You lack insight.

That frustrates people.
This is just ridiculously so correct!

Dude, your girlfriend complains about her life, you complain about her, and the circle remains unbroken, now and forever.

Sigh. I know I personally am sick to death of it, however my tolerance for this kind of total lack of self awareness is pretty low.

Old 02-12-2016, 04:53 AM

340 posts, read 272,111 times
Talking about here My girlfriend is having a coaching sessions with a male friend of her and i'm very very jealous about that. What should
Now everytime my girlfriend and i have a fight she always complains about she stopped seeing her coach friend because i was very jealous and she's not doing therapy anymore because of me! I said "I never told you to stop seeing the therapist, you stopped because you wanted!" It looks she wants me to feel guilty and she said i'm too manipulative!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships