Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2016, 01:05 PM

48,436 posts, read 34,627,532 times

Advertisements

Truly going your own way does not involve doing it in a group, making websites or posting about it in a forum for relationships.

You have no idea what I've "gone my own way" on. Why? Because I went on my way. No talking about, no getting others to agree with me................
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-10-2016, 01:06 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,838,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvianfisher View Post
I infer you are trying to indicate you have no control over your own conclusions but that what you believe is driven by the arbitrary algorithmic results of the search engine of your choice.

Arbitrary algorithmic results for googling MGOTW brings one to MGTOW.com?

If that's arbitrary.... I just have no words.

Old 02-10-2016, 01:23 PM

204 posts, read 145,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
A bunch of men virtually high-fiving one another when one claims their mothers/sisters/daughters are worthless idiots is a "response" to me saying such men are damaged?
No. I'll restate it. It is a response (in part, I should have added) to your inability as a woman to avoid your most frequent reactions, such as what you wrote above. If you can drill down to where the discussion is, and not instead play around with your creative process, time will be saved. If I let you, you will take this into orbit and drag me all over the place. You have already started this process.

Consider offering in your next post your kindest assessment of MGTOW so that I can see you have range. One other woman here has done as much. Perhaps then this conversation can be saved.

Old 02-10-2016, 01:35 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,622,264 times
Cantabridgienne, if you can turn off Oprah and the tampon commercials for two seconds and focus like a man, that'd be great, thanks.

Old 02-10-2016, 01:36 PM

36,226 posts, read 30,664,456 times
Quote:
No. I'll restate it. It is a response (in part, I should have added) to your inability as a woman to avoid your most frequent reactions, such as what you wrote above. If you can drill down to where the discussion is, and not instead play around with your creative process, time will be saved. If I let you, you will take this into orbit and drag me all over the place. You have already started this process.

Consider offering in your next post your kindest assessment of MGTOW so that I can see you have range. One other woman here has done as much. Perhaps then this conversation can be saved.
In other words Cantabridgienne, you must agree with him otherwise your words are just abstract ramblings that don't compute and are a waste of his time.

Old 02-10-2016, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Arbitrary algorithmic results for googling MGOTW brings one to MGTOW.com?

If that's arbitrary.... I just have no words.
Respectfully, you have no insight. If you were not so passive enough as to expect to be served so fully in one try, you would realize you can search other ways, such as the phrase "going your own way". You can also use more than one search engine. You can also visit sites like youtube and search that acronym. The youtube autocomplete offers many choices, at least in my browser.

You don't try. You expect to be spoon-fed. Remember, I said there is no organization. You cannot expect to be spoon-fed as you are used to. No organization. Don't you understand? How can I shake you free of your hypnosis?

Old 02-10-2016, 01:41 PM

36,226 posts, read 30,664,456 times
Quote:
Respectfully, you have no insight. If you were not so passive enough as to expect to be served so fully in one try, you would realize you can search other ways, such as the phrase "going your own way". You can also use more than one search engine. You can also visit sites like youtube and search that acronym. The youtube autocomplete offers many choices, at least in my browser.

You don't try. You expect to be spoon-fed. Remember, I said there is no organization. You cannot expect to be spoon-fed as you are used to. No organization. Don't you understand? How can I shake you free of your hypnosis?
A rose by any other name is still a rose. Or in this instance shall we say turd.

Old 02-10-2016, 01:46 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,334,079 times
Quote:

In my experience the men who say they're part of this movement speak to many of the same issues, and in the same tone or style. The thesis seems to be that women have too much power and are wielding this power unreasonably, and men who aren't extraordinary suffer as a result. The tone is petulant.

So add to my experience. What is MGTOW if it's not men flouncing off and loudly proclaiming that they're ignoring the women who first ignored them?

Old 02-10-2016, 01:47 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,021,234 times
Quote:
So I am making you Go Your Own Way?

Old 02-10-2016, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
In other words Cantabridgienne, you must agree with him otherwise your words are just abstract ramblings that don't compute and are a waste of his time.
No, you do not have to agree with me. You do have to show that you are not one of these people who keep shifting to a new thought just to keep a pretense of the upper hand. That is annoying but it seems everybody does it in these forums. That stuff is indeed a waste of my time. I think people here are pre-emptive in what they say, trying to steer clear of whatever they think is coming, and they do this at the expense of the current moment. If one can break free of that habit, it would help.

Does any woman here actually believe I am trying to talk her into accepting the things that MGTOW men say? That's laughable. Especially because I know that MGTOW doesn't care what you think.

So, don't fight against an outcome that is not going to happen here. Instead, recognize this as an opportunity to listen, perhaps chat, even if you are not pleased that my manner is not presented with pretty bows. You're big enough in character. I gotta believe that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.