Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 09:38 AM

23 posts, read 20,591 times

Advertisements

Hello, If me and I my ex broke up 2 weeks ago and have already agreed to be friends but do not really keep in touch that much, is it helpful to send them a "lets not be friends" txt in this situation to escape the "Friend zone" and make her miss me more? or will this just distance her further? So basically my question is should I send a "lets not be friends txt" or just not communicate at all and follow through with the 30 day no contact or wait for her to initiate the contact first? Which course of action will make my our chances better to get back together in future?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2016, 09:43 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by farzadkavari View Post
Hello, If me and I my ex broke up 2 weeks ago and have already agreed to be friends but do not really keep in touch that much, is it helpful to send them a "lets not be friends" txt in this situation to escape the "Friend zone" and make her miss me more? or will this just distance her further? So basically my question is should I send a "lets not be friends txt" or just not communicate at all and follow through with the 30 day no contact or wait for her to initiate the contact first? Which course of action will make my our chances better to get back together in future?
If you send that text, be ready for them to say "ok" and never speak to you again.
You could try being honest and telling them that you want to get back together, but you may not get the response you want from that one either.

What was the reason for breaking up?

Old 02-10-2016, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
If you send that text, be ready for them to say "ok" and never speak to you again.
You could try being honest and telling them that you want to get back together, but you may not get the response you want from that one either.

What was the reason for breaking up?

Thanks for the advice. My message is basically going to be. "I'm either interested in romantic settings once again or nothing at all and that we both should move and not talk any more." I'm trying to play it as safe as possible but also dont want to fall into the "Friend zone" and have her get over my slowly and look weak! because if she says OK then I will have to stick to my word and never contact again.

We had a Very passionate relationship and could not get enough of each other but she went cold on me after couple of small arguments. At first she just wanted a break but I did not play it cool and over perused it to the point of her wanting to end things.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:48 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,915 times
So, you think that somehow being coy and clever (and essentially trying to manipulate the situation) will be in your best interests?

Pro tip: Get rid of rom-com ideals, or any suggestions that women can (and should) be manipulated like this.

If you want to get back with her, treat her like an adult and let her know. And respect whatever answer she gives to you.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:51 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Thanks for the advice. My message is basically going to be. "I'm either interested in romantic settings once again or nothing at all and that we both should move and not talk any more." I'm trying to play it as safe as possible but also dont want to fall into the "Friend zone" and have her get over my slowly and look weak! because if she says OK then I will have to stick to my word and never contact again.
You put yourself into the friend zone when you broke up and decided to stay friends, so there is no falling into the friend zone involved.

Why did you break up to begin with? That knowledge would help with deciding if a reconciliation is likely.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
So, you think that somehow being coy and clever (and essentially trying to manipulate the situation) will be in your best interests?

Pro tip: Get rid of rom-com ideals, or any suggestions that women can (and should) be manipulated like this.

If you want to get back with her, treat her like an adult and let her know. And respect whatever answer she gives to you.

No I am not trying to manipulate her in her decision. Just want to improve my chances in future.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:54 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,880 times
"Let's be friends" is often something people just say and don't mean. If you are already not acting as friends, it's not likely that saying "hey, let's continue not communicating" will result in communication.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
You put yourself into the friend zone when you broke up and decided to stay friends, so there is no falling into the friend zone involved.

Why did you break up to begin with? That knowledge would help with deciding if a reconciliation is likely.

Yes you are correct, I was not thinking wisely and let my emotion get best of me at the moment and put myself in the "Friend zone" Now I am trying to get out of it as I quickly realized that was big mistake!

We broke up because she had the idea in her head that I nit pick at her often when I was really trying to better her. There was no cheating involved. She just gradually got fed up over small arguments here and there. It was not a BIG BOOM type of argument or situation. It was more like tough love on my end (maybe a lil too touch). Also she though I would eventually marry a girl from my culture and did not feel that secure. This is a girl that would not get enough of me and wanted to see my everyday and would blow up my phone often when things were great.

Old 02-10-2016, 10:00 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,915 times
Quote:
No I am not trying to manipulate her in her decision. Just want to improve my chances in future.
IMO, the options that you mentioned are all about manipulation. That if you do (or don't do) something, her feelings will respond accordingly.

Why not just be straight out with her as to what your feelings are? Even if you don't get the answer you want, at least you will be able to move on with your life.

Old 02-10-2016, 10:04 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Yes you are correct, I was not thinking wisely and let my emotion get best of me at the moment and put myself in the "Friend zone" Now I am trying to get out of it as I quickly realized that was big mistake!

We broke up because she had the idea in her head that I nit pick at her often when I was really trying to better her. There was no cheating involved. She just gradually got fed up over small arguments here and there. It was not a BIG BOOM type of argument or situation. It was more like tough love on my end (maybe a lil too touch). Also she though I would eventually marry a girl from my culture and did not feel that secure. This is a girl that would not get enough of me and wanted to see my everyday and would blow up my phone often when things were great.
So she was not *good enough* for you, you felt compelled to *make her better* but now that she does not want you she is *good enough* for you?
Move on, if this girl ever sees you in a romantic light again it will be a miracle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships