Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 11:34 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,393,604 times

Advertisements

Seeking Arrangement is a site that goes straight to the point: I´ll give you love, if you take "care" of me.

Young women (and a few oldies) looking for a "sugar daddy" and also young studs (and a few others) looking for "sugar mommas".

Of course the most intriguing part is how they "cover up" they want money.

But is it not honesty the best policy? I mean on the long run that´s what almost all women want, a guy financially secured.

You can check it out at:

https://www.seekingarrangement.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2016, 11:35 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
At least it's all out in the open and no one can cry about being used.

Old 02-10-2016, 11:38 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,607,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker2014 View Post
Seeking Arrangement is a site that goes straight to the point: I´ll give you love, if you take "care" of me.

Young women (and a few oldies) looking for a "sugar daddy" and also young studs (and a few others) looking for "sugar mommas".

But is it not honesty the best policy? I mean on the long run that´s what almost all women want, a guy financially secured.

You can check it out at:

https://www.seekingarrangement.com/
But we don't want a financially secure man because we want him to take care of us. We want one because we don't want to take care of him.

I agree with jjrose though. No one on there can complain about being used.

Old 02-10-2016, 12:06 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,792,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClutterbuck View Post
But we don't want a financially secure man because we want him to take care of us. We want one because we don't want to take care of him.

I agree with jjrose though. No one on there can complain about being used.
Well, as is often brought up, "we" is a widely varied group. Many women (like those that frequent the site) do, in fact, want to be taken care of. I wouldn't say "most", but enough to keep the site (and others like it) afloat, anyway.

Old 02-10-2016, 12:18 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
If people want prostitutes that is their business. Not for me.

Old 02-10-2016, 12:26 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
If people want prostitutes that is their business. Not for me.
Yup!

Old 02-10-2016, 12:38 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,124,630 times
Its basically people buying companionship. How long do these "arrangements" last anyway? Usually the gold diggers will want more and more gold, the other person may exhaust thier funds, get sick and lose earning power etc and then its not enough. While its out in the open its still not a deep relationship. Its about getting more material crap that you cant take with you anyway ultimately. And someone out there always has more gold to begin with.

Im happily married but if I were single with mad $$$ it would still be no way for me. I would live alone in the woods in a nice treehouse before joining up on something like this. I might add some people on the site are married to begin with, thier spouses find out from the financial numbers being off.

Old 02-10-2016, 12:39 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
If you're a guy, how desperate do you have to be?

Old 02-10-2016, 12:53 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,792,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
If you're a guy, how desperate do you have to be?
I don't have a problem with it. There's a couple of types of men for whom that kind of scenario is very appropriate:

Rich men who don't have much else going for them.

Men who have more money than time or effort, and who highly value appearance.

I'd also add, "men who specifically want to fill a 'mentor/beneficiary'-type role, but I imagine that, despite what many of the profile probably say, not too many of the potential sugar babies are actually SEEKING a mentor.

Old 02-10-2016, 12:55 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,089,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker2014 View Post
But is it not honesty the best policy?
Because in this world, you need to always have plausible deniability for services rendered or offered.

It is the same reason for the typical disclaimer (and arguably useless) for working girls who advertise

"My fees are for my time and companionship only. If anything else happens it is a matter of coincidence and choice between consenting adults."

I've seen "companionship" exchanged for

Steady source of Money
Health Care
Place to Live
Papers (immigration)
Vehicle

This really is just yet another form of prostitution which generally comes with an agreement that extends beyond the typical per-hour-arrangement.

I have no problems with it personally. In fact, all those Men going their own way may actually find these arrangements an ideal fit in their chosen lifestyle. The same reason why those that have no time to develop relationships for companionship or have no desire to maintain a relationship would go this route.

Another advantage of this arrangement is steady companionship with the same person. Familiarity and a certain level of comfort that comes with familiarity is valuable for some. It is also safer from prosecution than mongering the streets or listings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships