Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 08:49 PM

854 posts, read 585,659 times

Advertisements

I did research into lasting celebrity couples and found that roughly 85% of celebrity couples together more than ten years had compatible moon signs (masculine or feminine elements together with a special emphasis on the conjunction, trine and sextiled signs). The remaining 15% had a preponderance of Saturn ties (two or more) in synastry to compensate for mismatched moons. The data was exhaustive I collected well over 50 couples. Based on this I would be confident in giving marital advice based on astrology. It was actually a hobby of mine - a project that I did for over 6 months. Fascinating stuff but I definitely wouldn't put stock into sun sign compatibility, unless you're talking about only being friends.

Maybe I'll post the list someday for anyone who may be interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2016, 08:51 PM

4,043 posts, read 3,770,251 times
Yup. I made a thread like this a while back. Look it up if you feel so inclined. I'm too lazy to pull it up. I asked people and their experiences with other signs and the patterns. Mine boiled down to me being a leo and I get along with other leos and geminis. I don't get along with libras. I don't seem to have much experience with the other signs or know them well enough to know their sign.

Old 02-16-2016, 08:59 PM

645 posts, read 834,838 times
Zodiac signs are rubbish. It's always fun to read Facebook posts about zodiac signs. But that's about it!

Leo here!

Old 02-16-2016, 09:15 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by torontocheeka View Post
To be honest, part of me thinks that the reason there is only a 4% divorce rate in India is because they use moon sign matching (Vedic astrology emphasizes the lunar) when they're doing arranged marriages lol.

I've only ever dated ONE person whose moon sign was compatible with mine. Coincidentally, it's the ONLY healthy relationship I've ever been in my entire life.

I wish I had let astrology dictate my major life decisions earlier lmao
I've been to India a couple times, and if you look in the newspapers at the Marriage Partner Wanted section, what will you see, to help lower the divorce rate, and the casualties of "blind-dating": Please send your chart for consideration!

Granted, many men over there are looking for a subservient wife, or the woman looking for a husband who has the potential for being a good, responsible bread winner, the potential for making money. Love is secondary. And when you stop to think about it, the goals aren't much different than here in the U.S., although dare any woman or man to admit to it!

Some of the biggest conflicts created in relationships/marriages is mismatched moon signs and mismatched Venus/Mars signs, not mismatched sun signs.

I have a rather negative moon (Capricorn) and I stick to those with negative moon signs as well, fiery or airy moon signs I avoid like the plague!

Sex is very important to me, so that's even more important to me. My Mars is in Earth (Virgo), my Venus is in Water (Pisces), so for heaven on earth, let me find someone also with their Venus in Water (Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces) and their Mars in Earth (Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn).

I had a relationship with someone, some time ago, with those idealistic components, and my oh my! The memories will go with me to my grave! Hot enough times in bed to set the mattress on fire!

A lot of sexual incompatibility in relationships stems from mismatched Mars/Venus signs.

There's every good reason why the government loves to read posts invalidating, denouncing Astrology. If more people recognized the value of Astrology it could even have a detrimental effect on our economy! Wouldn't you cry your eyes out to see a divorce attorney become homeless?

Old 02-16-2016, 09:20 PM

645 posts, read 834,838 times
^^What the heck was that? How can Mars be on Earth? It's miles away. 54. Something million kilometers away to be exact!

Old 02-16-2016, 09:45 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,903,630 times
Everyone has characteristics of every sign.

Old 02-16-2016, 09:51 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_storm2004 View Post
^^what the heck was that? How can mars be on earth? It's miles away. 54. Something million kilometers away to be exact!
:d

Old 02-16-2016, 09:54 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Taurian here: I match well with any sign of horny

Old 02-16-2016, 10:04 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,224,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by torontocheeka View Post
To be honest, part of me thinks that the reason there is only a 4% divorce rate in India is because they use moon sign matching (Vedic astrology emphasizes the lunar) when they're doing arranged marriages lol.

I've only ever dated ONE person whose moon sign was compatible with mine. Coincidentally, it's the ONLY healthy relationship I've ever been in my entire life.

I wish I had let astrology dictate my major life decisions earlier lmao
The reason the divorce rate might be so low is because you risk being shunned by your family & the whole community. I work in healthcare and I come across a lot of Indian women in abusive relationships, but they feel they can't leave!

I wouldn't put so much emphasis on star signs!

Old 02-16-2016, 10:05 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Taurian here: I match well with any sign of horny
Taurus has got horns mate quite literally
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships