Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 04:25 PM

26 posts, read 17,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Why would you bring an ex into your life? And your gfs??

You can have so many friends, why does it have to be an ex?
The bond is stronger than just her. I was very close with her entire family. It's platonic but I admit life is lonely right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2016, 04:30 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara Knight View Post
Perhaps she has unresolved feelings which wouldn't be welcome.

I'm annoyed though that she reached out and chooses not to answer back. Oh well.

Thanks all for responses.
Unresolved feelings? For who or about what?
If its about you, then there does not even need to be texting, chatting, none of the above going on, period.
Especially if both of you are in a relationship with someone else.

Did you tell your GF that she reached out?

Maybe she was just fishing to see if you were in a relationship. I wouldn't waste anymore energy on wondering why she has not responded. Put your energy into your GF now!

Old 02-18-2016, 04:36 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,578,668 times
Is it possible she hoped to get back together? Or possibly hoped for a friendship which didn't necessarily include current SO's. Sometimes people need "their own" friends.

Old 02-18-2016, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Unresolved feelings? For who or about what?
If its about you, then there does not even need to be texting, chatting, none of the above going on, period.
Especially if both of you are in a relationship with someone else.

Did you tell your GF that she reached out?

Maybe she was just fishing to see if you were in a relationship. I wouldn't waste anymore energy on wondering why she has not responded. Put your energy into your GF now!
My ex and my partner work for the same company. My partner also works very closely with a relative of my ex at the same company. About a year ago, the ex reached out to my partner to contact me because a mutual friend was in ill health. My partner is Friends with my ex on social media. I haven't talk to my ex however in quite some time. She reached out to me recently and I'm a little bit annoyed that she hasn't gotten back. I thought we were friends.

Old 02-18-2016, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
Is it possible she hoped to get back together? Or possibly hoped for a friendship which didn't necessarily include current SO's. Sometimes people need "their own" friends.
Absolutely not. She's with someone and has kids.

I really don't like referring to her as an ex. She's like a lost friend to me.

Old 02-19-2016, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
Her mom and I have a nice relationship.

Old 02-19-2016, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I fixed it for you.
Really?

Old 02-19-2016, 07:18 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
A girl I dated 10 years ago reached out to me. We have had nice conversations about life in general, but it's been rather casual. She's in a committed relationship as am I. I have no desire to rekindle a romance with her, but her friendship would be nice.

Last week, she sent me a text after two weeks of silence, but hasn't responded to any of my recent questions (such as do you want to go out on a double date).

I'm wondering if I crossed some imaginary line. Do I just let her be or do I ask if I offended her.

Leave her be.

Old 02-19-2016, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Leave her be.
I tend to agree. That's the road in taking.

The sad part is that it's difficult to make real friendships from the start all over again. When you have a friendship that has multiple dimensions (family, mutual friends, etc) it just tends to make life easier.

Old 02-19-2016, 07:21 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
The bond is stronger than just her. I was very close with her entire family. It's platonic but I admit life is lonely right now.

This tells me all I need to know.

I feel sorry for your partner, especially because she has to work with this ex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships