Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 11:26 AM

26 posts, read 17,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
This tells me all I need to know.

I feel sorry for your partner, especially because she has to work with this ex.
Is this helpful for you? It's not helpful for me. I'm not in a jealous relationship. We aren't uptight about where we came from. We associate with good people. They aren't disposable commodities.

The reason for the loneliness is because our best friend past away, among other things. It's difficult to start over with new friendships. But I suppose you feel the need to insult people for the way they feel. Neat way of trolling.

Last edited by Sara Knight; 02-19-2016 at 11:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2016, 11:30 AM

462 posts, read 549,960 times
I think you need to move on, you seem to be a bit overly concerned she hasn't gotten back to you.

Old 02-19-2016, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbach View Post
I think you need to move on, you seem to be a bit overly concerned she hasn't gotten back to you.
It's just annoying. You're right. It's strange when someone goes to so much trouble to get back in touch, yet, there's some invisible boundary that I may have crossed. I'm too proud to ask if there is one, yet, I feel like there is.

It's difficult to meet creative people with the same aesthetic for life that you share. This person has that in spades. I'm pulling myself out of a funk. It's just a pain in the ass to make quality friendships.

My partner agrees. I told her how miffed I am. We are in the same funk.

Old 02-19-2016, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Ask her,

This I why I hate texting in general as you don't know if somethings been taken wrongly or misinterpreted etc and then I have to chase them to make sure I've not offended/insulted them so for that reason I'd ask her.

Although you've not really sent anything that would warrant the silent treatment as far as I can see so.......
Exactly. You think like me. I believe life is short and when quality people come your way, and go out of their way to reconnect, it's not an everyday thing. Sure, the romance didn't work but the split was amicable. We just grew distant as our lives went in different directions.

Her mom, dad, grandparents and many others in her family treated me like their own daughter. My family is f'd in the head (and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree lol).

Old 02-19-2016, 12:09 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara Knight View Post
It's just annoying. You're right. It's strange when someone goes to so much trouble to get back in touch, yet, there's some invisible boundary that I may have crossed. I'm too proud to ask if there is one, yet, I feel like there is.

It's difficult to meet creative people with the same aesthetic for life that you share. This person has that in spades. I'm pulling myself out of a funk. It's just a pain in the ass to make quality friendships.

My partner agrees. I told her how miffed I am. We are in the same funk.
So just text back "I guess you didn't like my double dating idea, huh?" Is it that big of a deal? Add a smiley face if you want.

Old 02-19-2016, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
So just text back "I guess you didn't like my double dating idea, huh?" Is it that big of a deal? Add a smiley face if you want.
It's a pride thing.

Old 02-19-2016, 01:35 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,661,952 times
so, sit back and feel sorry for yourself that she didn't text back. what the hell man?

Old 02-19-2016, 01:47 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,909,526 times
She was hovering and trying to see I she could keep you on hold as a back up source of attention.

It is a narcissistic game.

Old 02-19-2016, 02:48 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,394,006 times
She doesnt want the idea of the double date.

Let go of her, she is the past. Time to move on and focus on the present.

Old 02-19-2016, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker2014 View Post
She doesnt want the idea of the double date.

Let go of her, she is the past. Time to move on and focus on the present.

You're right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships