Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 02:54 PM

820 posts, read 972,689 times

Advertisements

I know I've posted about this before, but I've developed romantic feelings for a girl that I've been friends with for about 6 months and worked with for about 18 months. I am in high school and she is in college, and we both work at a retail store part time. We also have a couple of mutual friends whom we go on fun group outings with every week, and I always look forward to them. She has given me mixed signals as to whether or not she likes me as more than a friend, but she is very cool and fun to be around, and I do not want to lose her or our mutual friends if she doesn't feel the same way or if she does feel the same way and our relationship ends. She is very shy, but she talks a lot with me and our mutual friends, but I don't think she would ask me out if she has feeling for me. Also, I am afraid that she would possibly be creeped out if she found out a high school guy who is also her friend has feelings for her if she doesn't feel the same way. Do you guys think it's worth going for, and is there a way for me to keep her friendship if she doesn't feel the same way? And don't say things like, "Who cares what happens, just go for it," because if I lost her and/or our mutual friends, I would be crushed. Even posting this scares me because I'm afraid of her God forbid reading this if she come across it (I don't know if she has a CityData account). Our mutual friends, if it helps, are 2 couples.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2016, 03:10 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynnetman View Post
I know I've posted about this before, but I've developed romantic feelings for a girl that I've been friends with for about 6 months and worked with for about 18 months. I am in high school and she is in college, and we both work at a retail store part time. We also have a couple of mutual friends whom we go on fun group outings with every week, and I always look forward to them. She has given me mixed signals as to whether or not she likes me as more than a friend, but she is very cool and fun to be around, and I do not want to lose her or our mutual friends if she doesn't feel the same way or if she does feel the same way and our relationship ends. She is very shy, but she talks a lot with me and our mutual friends, but I don't think she would ask me out if she has feeling for me. Also, I am afraid that she would possibly be creeped out if she found out a high school guy who is also her friend has feelings for her if she doesn't feel the same way. Do you guys think it's worth going for, and is there a way for me to keep her friendship if she doesn't feel the same way? And don't say things like, "Who cares what happens, just go for it," because if I lost her and/or our mutual friends, I would be crushed. Even posting this scares me because I'm afraid of her God forbid reading this if she come across it (I don't know if she has a CityData account). Our mutual friends, if it helps, are 2 couples.
it depends on how much you value her as a friend?, if you go for gold and win then it's great, however if you go gold and lose....... You will probably lose a friend

I've twice gone for it, one worked the other didn't

Old 02-20-2016, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
it depends on how much you value her as a friend?, if you go for gold and win then it's great, however if you go gold and lose....... You will probably lose a friend

I've twice gone for it, one worked the other didn't
I really value her a lot as a friend. And I value our mutual friends very much also. But at the same time I hate wondering.

Last edited by xxblue100; 02-20-2016 at 03:19 PM..

Old 02-20-2016, 03:13 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynnetman View Post
I really value her a lot as a friend. And I value our mutual friends very much also.
Unless you get a CLEAR signal don't as it will be awkward as hell mingling with your mutual friends .

Old 02-20-2016, 03:22 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
If you approach it in a manner that is appropriate, it will not affect things in the future if she is not interested. All you have to do is downplay the interest that you have in her. You can tell her something along the lines that you know she might think it is stupid but you have developed some feelings that are more than friendship for her. Tell her you were wondering what she thinks about that.

If she gives you anything but an enthusiastic reply, just tell her that, yes, it's pretty stupid and it's really not that big a deal to you. Then just tell her never mind. From that point on act as if you never said anything to her about it in the first place and everything will be fine in terms of your future friendship. The only thing that will mess things up is if you act weird about the whole thing afterwards

The key to this kind of thing is to not make a big deal about it either before, during, or after. You also need to be able to dump those feelings you have for her if she does not share your feelings. If you can't do this, it is better off not to be friends in the first place

Old 02-20-2016, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
If you approach it in a manner that is appropriate, it will not affect things in the future if she is not interested. All you have to do is downplay the interest that you have in her. You can tell her something along the lines that you know she might think it is stupid but you have developed some feelings that are more than friendship for her. Tell her you were wondering what she thinks about that.

If she gives you anything but an enthusiastic reply, just tell her that, yes, it's pretty stupid and it's really not that big a deal to you. Then just tell her never mind. From that point on act as if you never said anything to her about it in the first place and everything will be fine in terms of your future friendship. The only thing that will mess things up is if you act weird about the whole thing afterwards

The key to this kind of thing is to not make a big deal about it either before, during, or after. You also need to be able to dump those feelings you have for her if she does not share your feelings. If you can't do this, it is better off not to be friends in the first place
I definitely would play it cool no matter what.

Old 02-20-2016, 03:31 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times
High School and College are usually a very large gap. I'm sure it has happened before but it would be very unusual for any girl in college to be interested in someone in High School.

Old 02-20-2016, 03:46 PM

818 posts, read 917,477 times
Just because you think you have feelings for some girl doesn't mean you should act on them.
What you have is a crush. All your talk of fear tells me you have a snowballs chance in hell at this point.
Just keep being friends , if she acts like she's into you at all ramp up the flirting, if she flirts back , go for it then.

I wish I had a nickle for every girl I thought I had "feelings " for when I was in HS
good luck dude , in the meantime , work on your confidence and swag

Old 02-20-2016, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntFishRepeat View Post
Just because you think you have feelings for some girl doesn't mean you should act on them.
What you have is a crush. All your talk of fear tells me you have a snowballs chance in hell at this point.
Just keep being friends , if she acts like she's into you at all ramp up the flirting, if she flirts back , go for it then.

I wish I had a nickle for every girl I thought I had "feelings " for when I was in HS
good luck dude , in the meantime , work on your confidence and swag
My talk of fear is that I might lose her as a friend and our mutual friends. I know I have feelings for her, not just merely thinking it.

Old 02-20-2016, 04:19 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
I wouldn't do it....but that' just me.

It's entirely up to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships