Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 03:12 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Yeah, and apparently it's been a slow day just about every day for the past two weeks. Anyone can click on your avatar and select all posts by you and get a list of them with dates/times.
Posting on C-D is just a normal part of any hard working employee's day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2016, 03:27 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Posting on C-D is just a normal part of any hard working employee's day.
Must be, seems to not phase a bit this uber intensive banking and finance guy that gets his concentration thrown all akilter by the receipt of a text message.

Old 02-25-2016, 03:48 PM

124 posts, read 105,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Must be, seems to not phase a bit this uber intensive banking and finance guy that gets his concentration thrown all akilter by the receipt of a text message.
Lol

Old 02-25-2016, 04:16 PM

182 posts, read 118,735 times
This guy's con is up

Old 02-25-2016, 04:19 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Y'all see?! My point is proved, I'm nothing but a joke here.

Old 02-25-2016, 04:30 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Y'all see?! My point is proved, I'm nothing but a joke here.
Everything is a joke here.

Old 02-27-2016, 05:09 PM

65 posts, read 55,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by torontocheeka View Post
Agree that Angel2032 sounds like a borderline narcissist, but it's also just as likely that she can't keep a man and has never been in a long-term relationship and so doesn't understand how those work.
And you would be dead wrong, which often happens when you make assumptions about people you don't know anything about. But since you ask, I usually have more trouble getting rid of them than "keeping" them (it's quite telling that you see a man as a thing that you assume you possess until you misplace him, like a set of keys or a pair of gloves). I also seem to attract men who are bored with their current partners and see me as some kind of exciting adventure because I am NOT needy and clingy and demanding that he call me constantly or I'll crumble to pieces and not be able to function... but they stay in a relationship they're emotionally checked out of because they don't want to deal with the drama and hassle of a breakup (who does?). They have their fun behind their partner's back instead, while playing the part of the devoted boyfriend/husband to her face.

And their partners are clueless, like so many here seem to be. You'd likely be shocked at how your man really feels about your relationship, and what he's doing/saying when you're not around. I can't tell you how many women I know who sneer at me because I'm not "lucky" enough to be in a "stable relationship" with such a "special guy" who "truly loves" me. Little do they know that their "special guy" is relentlessly trying to make his way into my pants every time she turns her back, and I have the emails, texts and phone records to prove it. But it's not my place to destroy her world by letting her know what a sad fantasy she's living. It's his. (Frankly, if you're that naive and delusional, you will never find out unless he makes a mistake and hooks up with someone who actually wants him around all the time. Which I don't.)

I'm simply not dependent on others and I don't have patience for adults who "need" someone else, and see themselves as half a person instead of as a complete individual in their own right. Only children, pets and ill/disabled people are ever justified in "needing" someone else. Wanting, I can understand. That's different. I've been in enough relationships to know that it's just not for me. Not everything is for everyone, whether it's monogamy, kids, dogs or bondage. I've been there, done it, done it again and again to infinity, and I have also seen way too much of other people's so-called "happy" relationships to fall for it. Yes I DO know how long-term relationships work. Which is why I have opted out of them.

And I'm sorry you view independence as narcissism, but if you can call me names and make nasty assumptions about my mental health and my life without being slammed for making personal attacks, it's certainly fair that I be allowed to return the favor by diagnosing you as needy and attention starved. It's just as likely that you only THINK you're "keeping" your man, and that your long-term relationship will end in failure... like most eventually do.

The OP asked a question and I offered my opinion. The fact that it differs from yours doesn't make me wrong, or narcissistic, or frigid (ha), or inexperienced (double ha), or any other name that makes you feel better about your life to call me. It just makes me not you. And guess what? That's allowed.

Old 02-28-2016, 02:20 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citysleeps View Post
is there nayone who on here who DOESN'T need the constant contact?
Everyone is comfortable with different levels of contact.
When I was dating, I didn't need to see them or hear from them daily.
But it didn't cheez me off or anything.

Old 02-28-2016, 02:23 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I'm sure you'll find some way to be entertained by it like you do with all my other perils. Honestly I'm probably a big joke to most of CD.
Huh?
Why would you think that?

No, you're just like a lot of people I know. Reject others before being rejected yourself.
No good relationship modeling as a kid, so unclear on how to proceed.
Knows that self-improvement will make you more marketable but resent the need to do it.

I don't think you're a joke.

Old 02-28-2016, 03:41 AM

332 posts, read 294,605 times
I don't need constant contact every waking hour of the day, but just checking in once a day if we're in a relationship is expected. I wouldn't say I'm not needy, but I'm not clingy either. Everything in moderation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships