Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 06:33 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteEagle577 View Post
I already go to counseling for my anxiety. And im doing so much better than before. Really the only things that give me anxiety are standing up in front of people and talking, and situations like I was talking about in my post.
What kind of counselor?

Does this counselor know about your boyfriend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2016, 06:33 AM

18 posts, read 8,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer_Rain View Post
Like others have said, he sounds abusive, controlling and manipulative. These things usually don't get better. You say that you can't confide in your parents, but how about friends?
I don't have any friends unfortunately. Not any close friends that I can talk to anyway. And everyone I know, knows him. So if I talk to someone about it, there's a chance that he'll hear about it and go off.

Old 02-23-2016, 07:01 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Quote:
Even if he loves me like he says he does? So much so that he'd hurt/kill himself over losing me?
That's a HUGE red flag that he is crazy!

Leave at once!!!!

This could escalate into this guy hitting you and saying 'sorry' and that 'he loves you.'

Run!!!!

Old 02-23-2016, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
What kind of counselor?

Does this counselor know about your boyfriend?
I don't know if there's a specific name for it, but I go see her about my depression and anxiety. She's one of the main reasons I've been able to overcome so much of this depression/anxiety. She doesn't know that he's my boyfriend, I told her that's he's my best friend, but I do talk to her about him.

Old 02-23-2016, 07:22 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Why would your parents hate and disown you for breaking up with a guy who threatens you and makes you feel scared?? You need to get away from him immediately. It's more likely that he would hurt you instead of himself.

Old 02-23-2016, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
That's a HUGE red flag that he is crazy!

Leave at once!!!!

This could escalate into this guy hitting you and saying 'sorry' and that 'he loves you.'

Run!!!!
That kind of reminds me of the worst fight we've ever had. I was at his house, and my adopted cousin that I haven't talked to in years, but had just started talking to me about a week before, started messaging me again. At first when he started talking to me, it was just friendly. Just catching up. But then it turned into him being into me. And I didn't feel comfortable talking to him anymore. So I was just going to let him down easy. I told him that I just saw him as my cousin.

I got to where he would barely ever talk to me. But he messaged while I was at my bf's house. My bf went off. He got extremely angry, took my phone, made me sound incredibly rude, and like I hated my cousin. He made him completely stop talking to me. I was upset. We were both just sitting there, in silence, with him extremely angry. I text my dad to come pick me up early because I didn't have a car at the time. Once he found out that I was leaving early, he escalated and got even more mad. He tried to get me to stay, and I tried to get my dad to turn around and not come pick me up. But he had already made it there.

When I told him that my dad was already there, he told me to make him leave. I tried my best to get my dad to go back, but he wouldn't leave. I told him "I have to go before my dad kills me" (and when I say kill, I just mean get mad at me and possibly yell at me. He wouldn't ever lay a hand on me. So don't freak out over that.) my boyfriends response was "not if I do it first". I started to leave, and he told me to come to him. I hesitated, and he said something like "do you really think I'm going to hit you?" I went over to him and he hugged me and promised that he would never hit me. He told me how sorry he was for saying that and it was just because he was mad and upset.

I'm sorry for all the long posts, but I really need to get all this off my chest and just rant I guess. Thank you all so much for all the help so far. It really means a lot

Old 02-23-2016, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Why would your parents hate and disown you for breaking up with a guy who threatens you and makes you feel scared?? You need to get away from him immediately. It's more likely that he would hurt you instead of himself.
They don't know I'm dating him in the first place. If they knew I was, they would do all that and I wouldn't be surprised if they kicked me out.

Old 02-23-2016, 07:45 AM

I hope that you can read all this back to yourself and understand that it is BAD.

Keeping info like this from your counselor and your parents is unhealthy.

If I were you, I would not go see the BF anymore, and I certainly wouldn't go to his place.

Old 02-23-2016, 07:46 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Quote:
That kind of reminds me of the worst fight we've ever had. I was at his house, and my adopted cousin that I haven't talked to in years, but had just started talking to me about a week before, started messaging me again. At first when he started talking to me, it was just friendly. Just catching up. But then it turned into him being into me. And I didn't feel comfortable talking to him anymore. So I was just going to let him down easy. I told him that I just saw him as my cousin.

I got to where he would barely ever talk to me. But he messaged while I was at my bf's house. My bf went off. He got extremely angry, took my phone, made me sound incredibly rude, and like I hated my cousin. He made him completely stop talking to me. I was upset. We were both just sitting there, in silence, with him extremely angry. I text my dad to come pick me up early because I didn't have a car at the time. Once he found out that I was leaving early, he escalated and got even more mad. He tried to get me to stay, and I tried to get my dad to turn around and not come pick me up. But he had already made it there.

When I told him that my dad was already there, he told me to make him leave. I tried my best to get my dad to go back, but he wouldn't leave. I told him "I have to go before my dad kills me" (and when I say kill, I just mean get mad at me and possibly yell at me. He wouldn't ever lay a hand on me. So don't freak out over that.) my boyfriends response was "not if I do it first". I started to leave, and he told me to come to him. I hesitated, and he said something like "do you really think I'm going to hit you?" I went over to him and he hugged me and promised that he would never hit me. He told me how sorry he was for saying that and it was just because he was mad and upset.

I'm sorry for all the long posts, but I really need to get all this off my chest and just rant I guess. Thank you all so much for all the help so far. It really means a lot
Yeah, you need to stay away from this guy. Talk to your Dad about this.

Old 02-23-2016, 07:46 AM

Quote:
They don't know I'm dating him in the first place. If they knew I was, they would do all that and I wouldn't be surprised if they kicked me out.
Tell them you're in a very bad situation and you need their help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships