Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you feel it's appropriate to ask a woman who's a friend that you're not dating for a kiss?
Yes, of course it's appropriate. 5 18.52%
No, it's vastly inappropriate. 17 62.96%
It just depends. 5 18.52%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 02:03 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,360,681 times

Advertisements

Having a vast number of male friends, I think that that would probably be the end of the friendship right there. Because 1) I'm not a kiss dispenser there for the convenience of others and 2) what kind of weirdo asks for a kiss without any romantic lead-up. In fact, if one leads up to it appropriately there really isn't a reason to ask - it just happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2016, 02:05 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,360,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just.No View Post
Do you think that she might be rude?
She's your platonic friend and likely has no meaningful attraction to you if you have to ask her for a kiss. How would you feel if a gay male friend asked if he could kiss you?

Old 02-24-2016, 02:19 PM

714 posts, read 747,026 times
When I was in college, a girl that I was friends with asked if she could kiss me - I obliged. It was strange enough that it became one of the last times I saw her .

This wasn't just two friends... I had went to HS with her but didn't ever meet her, then about a year after I graduated HS (when she was graduating) I saw her at a party and was crazy about her. I got her number but didn't hear from her for a while, maybe not at all until I saw her at a party months later and she had gained a bunch of weight. I'm talking A LOT of weight, she probably went from 115 to 150 in a matter of 8 months.

She knew I had liked her before (I made no secret of it) and NOW all of a sudden she wouldn't leave me alone. We talked, partied a few times and I started to really like her even with the transformation she had made.. but not enough to pursue her seriously. One night there were a bunch of us partying at her place, we were sitting out on the deck and everyone else went inside. She then asked "would you let me kiss you?"

It was painfully awkward after that. We kissed for a second and it was like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders, she seemed so happy for the rest of the night. I, however, couldn't get over the awkwardness. It just came off as pure desperation. If she would've just leaned in, I could have recovered. Of course I was peeved that she wouldn't really talk to me when she was in good shape (and single) but now that she had let herself go we were made to be together. F that. Thankfully she had turned things around a bit and had a BF last time I saw her on facebook.

Old 02-25-2016, 12:10 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,697,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
If you want to kiss someone, do it.

No, absolutely not!

It might leave deep scars when someone kisses you without you would want it or be ready for it.

It is sexual abusing when one partner did not wanted it to happend.

It coud be a issue of years therapy, mouth is personal and intimate place. Some people think mouth is even more intimate than actual sexual organs and might have casual sex but without kissing.

Even cheek kisses could be too much intimacy for some people

Always make sure no matter a hug, cheek kiss or mouth kiss etc. that a person is on the same page and wants to receive it!

Old 02-25-2016, 06:41 AM

780 posts, read 678,136 times
If my guy friend has asked me for a kiss, I'd laugh and say, "No".
I think it's fine to ask. You'll never know, maybe the girl wants it too? To me, it's way better to ask than just swoop in for a kiss. That is a violation of space. I mean, you're just "friends" right? I've had a couple of guy best friends and really, if they kissed me out of nowhere back then, I would be pissed.

Old 02-25-2016, 06:55 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,177,249 times
Hard to tell exactly the point of the op wanting to kiss her.
If she is attracting you enough to want to kiss her, ask her out and then try.
But if it's just ....well, I don't know what it would be to want to ONLY kiss someone without it going anywhere. Weird.

Old 02-25-2016, 07:03 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,599,803 times
Quote:
Do you think that she might be rude?
Yes, it's possible so be prepared for that.

Old 02-25-2016, 07:05 AM

2,449 posts, read 2,599,693 times
Quote:
Because she smells good and has nice moisturized looking lips from the chapstick.

Again, the why question.... I would think this is obvious. Because she's attractive and I'm curious what it would be like to give her a kiss.

I mean, I don't want anything exclusive, serious, or long term. It's not like I'm asking for her to have my baby or something.

.... Seriously? Why does a person eat their favorite dish (ie Pad Thai) at a restaurant that they've never been to or may never visit again? Because it's good!

... Why?

^^^ That's actually very good!
You take the trouble to set up a poll, and then question everyone who says NO. Me thinks you might have a problem with boundaries.

Old 02-25-2016, 07:12 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,922,039 times
Its weak and LAME to ask for a kiss
who the heck does that and gets a second date
if a woman wants you to kiss her, she sends the vibe...if you don't pick up on it your done

Old 02-25-2016, 11:14 AM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,067,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
In fact, if one leads up to it appropriately there really isn't a reason to ask - it just happens.
According to a lot of people on here, though, it isn't right to want it to happen like that. They think the only way to meet someone is Backwards Dating, where you go on romantic dates with people you have never met, and you get to know them during the dates, not before.

Personally I would feel more comfortable getting to know someone as friends, and having sex with them as a natural evolution from close friendship into a relationship. Unfortunately my way has never worked for me and therefore I am still a virgin. But it does work for others.

So my point is, while I agree that just randomly asking a female friend for a kiss would be weird and probably not right, I do think it is right to ask a female friend on a date (or something of that nature, ask her if she wants to get a drink or whatever). In fact, the only way I would feel comfortable dating or having sex is if I was already platonic friends with the person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships