Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2016, 04:39 PM

5 posts, read 4,273 times

Advertisements

I have a much older boyfriend who is in not so good health. I am 44 and not liking it lately. I had a friend crush at the medical day center we three all go to. I got myself involved with this new guy friend because he seemed so respectful and nice to the older people. The friend smiles all the time and is very social. As I observe closer he is social with certain people. He is so handsome too. We talked a bit. He said he wanted God to send him a girlfriend because he was done with his ex he used to live to with. Soon after he decided he only wanted sex from me and no commitment.

He rarely texts soon after we met and only called a few times. He does not stick around for me long. To the crush I must just be a sex toy and side piece. He only would talk to me about sex and tried to rub up on me in Bingo. I avoid Bingo now. The ex rarely comes to our center now. My crush texted me I am his freak. This man is immature for 54. He looks about 30 too.

I danced with this man and had been invited on a date by him. Yesterday the center goes to the buffet and my crush ignored me and carried on with his ex throughout the day and at the buffet. The crush even ditched his best guy friend a while so the friend sat in my van alone looking sad. It all seems so selfish to me. When we met the crush told me he dumped his ex and moved on because she has 200 personalities, wanted more money, rocks in a chair a lot, makes racial remarks about my crush's family, she got mad because the crush did not want to watch movies with her when they had 2 separate tv rooms,and she's manipulating him. I see he goes to her and they laugh and smile.

Every time I try and conversate with this crush he seems to want to move on and form no emotional attachment. I was told he was recovering from his recent breakup. He said he likes to cuddle and his ex went to New York to get married. I was told he changed his number so she can't call and manipulate him. My crush said it is a turn on to hook up with a woman who's taken and he don't care about my boyfriend

I texted my crush yesterday and told him he must love those 200 personalities and the manipulation from his ex because he goes to it. Obviously they are back together. I told him that him and his ex deserve each other too. My text was never answered. I have to see this man crush jerk every week. How do I keep my emotions in check and be civil? As a friend I would have thought he would be more respecful.

The nice respectful side is obviously a front. This hurt me so much. My boyfriend goes to this place too and only knows of this other guy as a friend. My boyfriend sleeps all morning there and is up for lunch and this is about it. I do not flaunt my boyfriend that my crush is well aware of him and has called him a knucklehead, because my old man acts like a baby and scampered away in anger when I asked him to dance at the Valentine's Party lol. I thought I had a chance with my crush.

Last edited by LovelyChris71; 02-26-2016 at 05:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2016, 06:17 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
This could have happened in a junior high school, just change "bingo" and "medical center" to "football game" and "mall."

So ... you are dating a really old guy, and while you were taking him to this medical center you began flirting with a guy closer to your age who also helps there. Who happens to be a player. Who doesn't want to date you.

What would you have told your 16-year-old self to do?????

Old 02-26-2016, 06:28 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,190,967 times
You let him go by realizing he never cared anything for you. And you really can't judge him for not being respectful, since you haven't been respectful to your boyfriend by cheating on him. So, you can't really act holier than thou and insult him because he chose his girlfriend over you. He was honest, it seems, about not seeing you as a potential girlfriend, and only wanted you to be his sex buddy. You were the one that decided to continue seeing him, knowing that he didn't want you the way you wanted him to.

Also, chances are, his girlfriend isn't as horrible as he makes her out to be, and he never planned to be finished with her any time soon. Because if she was as terrible as he says, nothing is making him stay with her, other than his own attachment. He wants to be with her.

So, you let him go by realizing that his feelings for you are nothing but sexual. Rarely do men drop their girlfriends, or wives for their side-chicks.

Old 02-26-2016, 08:00 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Default How do I let my Gemini crush go?

I thought it said genital. Lol!

Old 02-26-2016, 08:36 PM

2,144 posts, read 1,878,970 times
Is this a "crush" or someone you are cheating on your boyfriend and having sex with? A bit confusing...

He seems like a disrespectful jerk. Why do you like him at all?

Old 02-26-2016, 08:46 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,769,670 times
OP:

Why would you want to be any guy's side chick?

Why did you not breakup with your boyfriend before pursuing your crush?

Old 02-26-2016, 10:35 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,602,144 times
Who wrote this?

She has a boyfriend, a crush and an ex? WTH ? I'm out.

Old 02-27-2016, 04:23 AM

5 posts, read 4,273 times
That's right the players get played lol. I have had a crush. We did nothing more than talk and texting. We had what I call an emotional affair. My boyfriend gets mad at me and tells me to find someone else so I just might. I do not get respect from the old man and do not feel he is owed respect back. I have my own life and can n do what I want. I am not married and am the one with most of the money. I am more of a caretaker than a girlfriend. All the nice expensive stuff my man has I paid for on holidays, birthdays, and other days. I owe no one anything who is disrespectful. I made a choice and now I deal with the consequences between me and my crush. This whole situation makes me have flashbacks of school long ago. I do not want to be the side chick. I have somewhat been there long ago and found it to be a very depressing situation. I was born into dysfunction and instability. I gravitate to instability because I never knew what stability was in relationships.

Old 02-27-2016, 04:35 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,449,916 times
So you guys are all inmates in a medical center and that's your primary social outlet? Drama drama drama.

How about breaking it off with the crush and the boyfriend, who you obviously don't need, and leave them there in the old folks home? You find another place.

Old 02-27-2016, 07:54 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,769,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyChris71 View Post
That's right the players get played lol. I have had a crush. We did nothing more than talk and texting. We had what I call an emotional affair. My boyfriend gets mad at me and tells me to find someone else so I just might. I do not get respect from the old man and do not feel he is owed respect back. I have my own life and can n do what I want. I am not married and am the one with most of the money. I am more of a caretaker than a girlfriend. All the nice expensive stuff my man has I paid for on holidays, birthdays, and other days. I owe no one anything who is disrespectful. I made a choice and now I deal with the consequences between me and my crush. This whole situation makes me have flashbacks of school long ago. I do not want to be the side chick. I have somewhat been there long ago and found it to be a very depressing situation. I was born into dysfunction and instability. I gravitate to instability because I never knew what stability was in relationships.
OP:

Are you going to continue acting like this for the rest of your life?

Are you going to continue having the same attitudes for the rest of your life?

What kind of life do you want for yourself?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships