Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2016, 04:39 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I agree with your post. All my aunts got married around17-18, no birth control at the time, they all had about 13 kids total. Some kids were born when my aunts were 44, no birth defect whatsoever as in Down syndrome, but they didn't die of exhaustion. They all are alive in their 80s now. In these big families, the older kids took care of the younger ones. They all had jobs or did something to support the family. No free lunch.
Wow, that's awfully recent, relatively speaking, for having that many kids and no birth control. I was talking about a genealogy I did, going back to the 1600's. That's why the women tended to die after 12 kids. Since your aunts had their kids in "modern" times, there were better chances of survival. Where are they from?

Old 03-06-2016, 05:46 PM

92 posts, read 83,457 times
Sexual PRIME is 18-25. It's all downhill from there. Doesn't mean a woman can't be attractive when she's older but you asked about prime.

Old 03-06-2016, 05:49 PM

4,221 posts, read 4,743,568 times
How did the OP define "sexual prime"?

Did she mean:

1-a woman's level of attractiveness to a man?

or

2-a woman's level of desire for (and frequency of participation in) sexual activity?

When the phrase "sexual prime" is used for women I'm used to the definition being somewhere more along the lines of #2.

Old 03-06-2016, 09:11 PM

964 posts, read 994,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontierMan View Post
Sexual PRIME is 18-25. It's all downhill from there. Doesn't mean a woman can't be attractive when she's older but you asked about prime.
Asking about peak sexual energy, not her prime for her looks.

Old 03-06-2016, 10:02 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,673,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
...He said women past 30 are "past their sexual prime" because they start to gain weight, lose skin elasticity and don't generally look as good as younger women.

So I thought I would ask the men here. Have you found women in their 30s to be "past their sexual prime"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
How did the OP define "sexual prime"?

Did she mean:

1-a woman's level of attractiveness to a man?

or

2-a woman's level of desire for (and frequency of participation in) sexual activity?

When the phrase "sexual prime" is used for women I'm used to the definition being somewhere more along the lines of #2.
I agree with your statement - and you are right - being your thought, #2.

I quoted a portion of the OP's initial post above to clarify how some think it is only one thing, when it is not. The OP (male or female?) had gotten this from conversing with a 34-year old guy, so it is what HE said. His wording and perception and apparently, is what a lot of men that age or different ages believe it means - regarding attractiveness. Of course, some men are going to make these sorts of assumptions or remarks. Then, tons of pages later, it has been discussed to death, debating which this is, instead of people reading or being aware, although some have given appropriate responses.

So, "Sexual Prime" is how one functions sexually, not how they "just appeal to the opposite sex, age-wise or looks-wise". A woman can be in her sexual prime in her 30's-40's - and some later than that. There are different, individual reasons or factors for this, whether a woman has had children or not and the condition of both her "physical and emotional makeup".

There is so much involved and is shown that, as females age, they become more open, free to experience and experiment, being more knowledgeable and Orgasmic. Again, depending upon a woman in other ways. It also can depend upon a one's individual stress levels with work, home, raising children, etc., that may detract from feeling sexual, besides hormonally. Women can feel very responsive during their period and around ovulation.

The bottom line - as with these discussions ((sigh)) is that some men cannot seem to get past one idea. ALL of THIS -- due to someone quoting some random guy in his 30's - which set the tone.

Last edited by In2itive_1; 03-06-2016 at 10:23 PM..

Old 03-07-2016, 02:47 PM

35 posts, read 12,350 times
It depends, but a lot of women in the states tend to gain weight rapidly after 25, and the process of weight gain can start much earlier, 23 or whenever they leave college.

I'm not talking about married women who have a child or two either, I'm talking about single women.

Old 03-07-2016, 02:56 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontierMan View Post
Older women are much more sexual and they don't hide it when they with you. That's why I am starting to prefer them over women my age.

Old 03-07-2016, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Older women are much more sexual and they don't hide it when they with you. That's why I am starting to prefer them over women my age.
Younger women know they are more appealing and attractive and therefore don't have to work as hard to keep your attention.

Old 03-07-2016, 03:08 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_g105 View Post
Younger women know they are more appealing and attractive and therefore don't have to work as hard to keep your attention.
True. But attractive and appealing isn't always a good thing. Give me an older woman who is mature and knows what she wants over a younger attractive woman who plays games with men.

Old 03-07-2016, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
True. But attractive and appealing isn't always a good thing. Give me an older woman who is mature and knows what she wants over a younger attractive woman who plays games with men.
I know what you mean. However, the more attractive you are as a man, the fewer games women will play.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships