Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 10:44 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,205,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I have zero expectations. We most likely will not live together any time soon. Because we each have our own lives and merging them is nearly impossible.

The price of being a parent.
It does't seem like you are happy with this relationship though.

Old 02-29-2016, 11:00 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,125,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I was talking to a single 34 year old man when he told me he was seeing an older woman. I asked him what sort of things they liked to do and we chatted a bit. Then I asked him how old she was. THIRTY TWO YEARS OLD....THAT'S AN OLDER WOMAN?

Well to him she is. His main interests right now are his work and getting laid. He mainly is with women in their 20s. He said women past 30 are "past their sexual prime" because they start to gain weight, lose skin elasticity and don't generally look as good as younger women. And apparently they don't seem as sexually active to him. I told him maybe women in their 20s don't have the maturity to be more discriminating or mature enough to make better choices about how they spend their time and who they go to bed with. He agreed that might be true and personality-wise women in their 30s are more interesting to talk to but he isn't interested in talking right now. He has no plans to marry anytime soon.

So I thought I would ask the men here. Have you found women in their 30s to be "past their sexual prime"?
Just depends on who you ask. That subway sandwich guy would say 18, cause he likes his girls like he likes his subways - 6 and 12.

As for me, well, I generally, when a woman hit's menopause, I think it's fair to say sexual prime is over.

Old 02-29-2016, 11:12 AM

7,829 posts, read 11,787,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
It's relative. A guy in his 40's will have a hard time attracting women younger than 25 unless he's a wealthy superstar.
patently false. I see this all the time, guys in their 40s with women in their late 20s and no, none of these guys are anything great at all. I can think of at least 10 couples around me, spouses and girlfriends where the woman is 15+ years younger. It's so common it's laughable which makes your comment pretty damn bizzare.

Old 02-29-2016, 11:24 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
patently false. I see this all the time, guys in their 40s with women in their late 20s and no, none of these guys are anything great at all. I can think of at least 10 couples around me, spouses and girlfriends where the woman is 15+ years younger. It's so common it's laughable which makes your comment pretty damn bizzare.

Well, I guess that is mars then.

I never see it. I've been getting messages from 32/33 yos on OLD and I find it creepy.

Old 02-29-2016, 11:27 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Well, I guess that is mars then.

I never see it. I've been getting messages from 32/33 yos on OLD and I find it creepy.
I think a lot of it is perception. There are people out there with big age differences, it's true (US Census says 10+ years is about 5% of marriages when you combine the stats for both the man and woman being older by 10 years, so there are people out there. Just not a lot).

Perceptions. Me and my honey are 8 years apart... but people seem to think the spread is wider for some reason. Someone thought it was an 18 year difference! Maybe I need to take better care of myself, haha.

Old 02-29-2016, 11:39 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,033,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
It does't seem like you are happy with this relationship though.
I am happy with him. He is perfect.

I would like to have a relationship with marriage and living together. But our already established lives, will prevent that for awhile.

I had always hoped for a husband and committed relationship. I want a partner in life. But I think I am cursed to just go it alone. For instance this morning, my car would not start. I texted two different guys. Got nothing back. I fiddled with some stuff an got it running. I am thankful that I am handy and capable but it sucks always only having me to rely on.

Old 02-29-2016, 12:02 PM

2,209 posts, read 2,317,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
It's relative. A guy in his 40's will have a hard time attracting women younger than 25 unless he's a wealthy superstar. Few women will cross the 10 years older line. Once a man hits 55, he's going to look like a balding, bloated geezer online. It's pretty creepy to shop that age group.

Women past 35 know they still have the goods and they don't really care what young chauvinists believe.
Generalizations.

Old 02-29-2016, 12:16 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
According to past threads, different articles, and so on it appears women are passed their sexual prime once they get married. Not that I necessarily agree or disagree really.

I'll say everybody does so differently. Anybody can be going through psychological changes at a certain stage of their life, physical unexpected changes, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
I mean, look at this forum. Thread after thread of how women have it better, how women just have to walk out of their house and perfect men flock to them, how women are too judgmental, how women only date guys who are 10s with a million dollars in in hand, etc.

Followed by threads about how can men have sex without feelings, how men are who play video games are losers, all the rules men have to follow in the dating world, how men only want sex, how men are cowards, how men shouldn't complain about anything, what makes a real man, and so on. Difference with the ones you mentioned and the ones I just mentioned is that the ones in this paragraph no female poster complains about them.

Last edited by onihC; 02-29-2016 at 12:40 PM..

Old 02-29-2016, 12:55 PM

2,669 posts, read 2,090,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Sounds common. I have experienced this exact attitude a few times. Guys seem way more immature these days and want completely different things.

I am 37 and I use to have a high sex drive. Anymore I don't want it at all. If men can't give me what I want, why should I give them sex? You could say that I am over being the only one giving.

Please do men a favor and don't "give" them sex. Nothing good can come out when you view sex as a payment for "men giving you what you want", whatever it is. A lot of mature women past the age of 20 look at sex as something to enjoy and grow from together. And you were saying something about being immature?

Old 02-29-2016, 12:59 PM

2,362 posts, read 1,923,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Some of the sexiest women I know are in their late 30s and 40s. One that comes to mind looks absolutely gorgeous.... and she is a grandmother.
this

I have always found women in their 30's and 40's more attractive
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships