Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2016, 06:34 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,208,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Please a college degree really does not mean anything. I would just like to try something different. My last ex has a college degree. He also spent 10 out of the last 20 years in jail or prison. See my point?
Not true at all! Try getting an accounting degree, or engineering. You will have a good job.

Old 03-07-2016, 06:45 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,031,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I would work the roommate angle.

Btw? I got 2 degrees while single parenting. No parents paying for them or giving me a free place to live. I work FT right now and I still have 3 kids, but one is in college himself now, AND I'm a FT grad student.

Priorities.
I am open to a roommate.

Yeah I don't have parents paying for anything for me and have not since I got my drivers license at 16. I moved out shortly after and have been on my own since. Partying? Lol. I worked 2-3 jobs while in part time high school so I could support myself. I bought my first house at 20.

I tried college. By the time I got to classes at night, I fell asleep because I was exhausted. At this point, I have been out of school 20 years. I also have zero desire to go back. I really feel it would be a waste of time and money if I have no want to be there.

Old 03-07-2016, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDocKat View Post
I think you are very comfortable with him and able to sleep well. tell him that.
I did. I think he is content with the way things are now and does not want to change anything.

Old 03-07-2016, 06:50 PM

72 posts, read 47,325 times
Quote:
Please a college degree really does not mean anything. I would just like to try something different. My last ex has a college degree. He also spent 10 out of the last 20 years in jail or prison. See my point?
What does that say about you for picking a man like that ?

Old 03-07-2016, 07:16 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Let's be serious here. You don't have a boyfriend. You have a FWB.

He doesn't even come to your place after you work for 10 hours straight and get kids off to other places to stay so you can hang with him.
Yes, this is rather sad, L. You said in another thread you're doing his laundry and scrubbing his bathroom.

Old 03-07-2016, 07:25 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Yes, this is rather sad, L. You said in another thread you're doing his laundry and scrubbing his bathroom.
In another she says she goes out 4-5 nights a week.

I can't help but wonder when she parents.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-07-2016, 07:25 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:
I am open to a roommate.

Yeah I don't have parents paying for anything for me and have not since I got my drivers license at 16. I moved out shortly after and have been on my own since. Partying? Lol. I worked 2-3 jobs while in part time high school so I could support myself. I bought my first house at 20.

I tried college. By the time I got to classes at night, I fell asleep because I was exhausted. At this point, I have been out of school 20 years. I also have zero desire to go back. I really feel it would be a waste of time and money if I have no want to be there.
...except in another of your threads where you are bemoaning your lack of cashflow in your two houses "However the house is on my credit. The house I moved to I bought using my parents credit."

Another example of you being glib. I'm sure you're gonna even things out with your parents, but they ARE helping you out...so you can play semantics all you want but it's clear you play very fast and loose with the facts. And that gives you the wiggle room you need to keep refusing any advice given here.

Isn't it EXHAUSTING? Forever dancing around the truth, keeping up the facade? If you used a quarter of the energy you spend constantly DEFLECTING everything that gets close to touching you and instead used it on making a real change you'd be light years ahead.

Last edited by reneeh63; 03-07-2016 at 07:39 PM..

Old 03-07-2016, 07:33 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,274,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
WARNING - OP just wants to shoot the $hit....no need for serious remedies, she'll reject them all.
Yay!! Another LowOnLuck Entertainment Thread!!!!

*Sigh* It's late here and I have an early day tomorrow.

I'll bookmark it for lunchtime tomorrow.

Carry on.

Old 03-08-2016, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
In another she says she goes out 4-5 nights a week.

I can't help but wonder when she parents.
I take my kids out with me. And when I mean out, one night we may go with friends to mini golf. Another night we may do family night with face painting and games at a restaurant. We do lots of family activities, play groups, etc. I don't sit at home with my kids, nor do I go out often and leave them home.

Old 03-08-2016, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
...except in another of your threads where you are bemoaning your lack of cashflow in your two houses "However the house is on my credit. The house I moved to I bought using my parents credit."

Another example of you being glib. I'm sure you're gonna even things out with your parents, but they ARE helping you out...so you can play semantics all you want but it's clear you play very fast and loose with the facts. And that gives you the wiggle room you need to keep refusing any advice given here.

Isn't it EXHAUSTING? Forever dancing around the truth, keeping up the facade? If you used a quarter of the energy you spend constantly DEFLECTING everything that gets close to touching you and instead used it on making a real change you'd be light years ahead.
They may have put the loan on their names, but they have not given me one dollar to make it work. Everything I have, I have bought with my own money.

Why should I change who I am for someone else? I am happy with myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships