Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 06:30 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times

Advertisements

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. You have nothing to lose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2016, 06:39 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times
It depends on whether you're the type to always wonder. . . sometimes people don't call back because the timing is bad or something big came up and then the momentum was lost. A text is low pressure and you will never know whether he had a look of extreme irritation or delight cross over his face with your text, but since you haven't been bugging him then I should think it would be fine.

Also, I'm a person who likes to approach the world in an intuitive manner and sometimes I think the universe sends messages, like a TV show that reminds you of him. What would you lose by this? Nothing probably. What could you potentially gain? Only you know the answer.

Old 03-07-2016, 06:52 PM

1,038 posts, read 902,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Nothing ventured, nothing gained. You have nothing to lose.
Just a bit of pride. And a smidgen of dignity.

Old 03-07-2016, 06:57 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,810,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Jean McGee View Post
Just a bit of pride. And a smidgen of dignity.
While I probably won't text him for different reasons. I have to disagree, I think if your pride and dignity depend on whether or not you send a lighthearted text to a guy you had two dates with, well then you might have to reassess your self worth.

Old 03-07-2016, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
While I probably won't text him for different reasons. I have to disagree, I think if your pride and dignity depend on whether or not you send a lighthearted text to a guy you had two dates with, well then you might have to reassess your self worth.

Its not me whos still pining after a guy who barely remembers my name and certainly doesn't remember my phone number...

Last edited by Bonnie Jean McGee; 03-07-2016 at 07:14 PM..

Old 03-07-2016, 07:08 PM

124 posts, read 105,312 times
Quote:
\

Its not me whos still pining after a guy who barely remembers my name and certainly doesn't remember my phone number...
Cat fight!

Old 03-07-2016, 07:23 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,810,665 times
Quote:
Ok I was making a generalization, you went and made it personal guess it's a touchy subject for you. That being said, I am not pining over anyone, a show I was watching reminded me of someone and I was wondering if I should reach out to him. I'm 34 years old if I had this guy on my mind so much believe me I would've reached out to him long ago and with my dignity and pride intact.

Old 03-07-2016, 09:50 PM

Yeah go for it.

Make sure you come back and tell us how it went.

Old 03-07-2016, 09:59 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
I wouldn't do it.

It's your choice though.

Old 03-07-2016, 11:09 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,194,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
So about a year ago went on two dates with a guy who I really felt a connection with (more so than anyone else in my recent past). Never heard from him after the second date, I never contacted him either because I figured he wasn’t interested otherwise I would’ve heard from him. Anyway was watching a program that we both said we loved, and it reminded me of him (the main character’s humor reminds me of him), and was thinking if it would look weird or desperate if I would shoot him a text.

I know on one hand I have nothing to lose, but on the other hand I’d feel super awkward/stupid if he has a girlfriend. I looked at his profile on the dating site we met, and it looks like he hasn’t been on in quite a while, I know that doesn’t necessarily mean he has a girlfriend, could just be his membership expired and he didn’t renew as I remember him saying he was just trying the experience of online dating and didn’t enjoy it much. So what do you guys think I should do? Should I text him, or just leave it alone? I’m fine with either one, not like I think about this guy much, just thought of him today cause of the show.
Go for it! Text him! I can tell that you need an answer. He may respond with a YES, I would like to date you again or NO. If he responds YES...great! If he responds NO...oh well. Your ego may take a hit for a short while, but it is not like the NO will be splashed across newspaper headlines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships