Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 06:34 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
I can't help that you saw a logical fallacy where there was none.
Whatever. I am done with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2016, 09:47 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
And many are!
Very true but the one's that aren't bust the myth that there is someone out there for everyone.

There's someone for everyone is simply not true for the reasons I stated...which is due to those humans who are incapable of entering into a loving nurturing relationship.

Old 05-27-2016, 08:36 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Very true but the one's that aren't bust the myth that there is someone out there for everyone.

There's someone for everyone is simply not true for the reasons I stated...which is due to those humans who are incapable of entering into a loving nurturing relationship.
Perhaps they can find someone as dysfunctional as they are and enter into an unloving, non-nurturing relationship. Ya never know!

Old 05-28-2016, 01:21 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
This is the second post I have read of yours in the past 2 days where you make the statement "they aren't good people".
What are you trying to say?

Old 05-28-2016, 07:38 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,908,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by startingfromscratchagain View Post
I'm not even talking about marriage or falling in love. Rather, I am just asking whether or not there is someone somewhere that would be willing to date Individual x regardless of all Individual x's flaws. The only reason I ask is because even prisoners sometimes get solicitation for dates. So, why can't random joe blow seem to get a date?
No I think some people are meant to be single and maybe SHOULD stay single.

Old 05-28-2016, 07:44 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
There's an entire dating help industry based of this idea

Old 05-28-2016, 07:45 PM

243 posts, read 230,306 times
No.

Old 05-31-2016, 09:35 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,978,608 times
Absolutely not. Some people are just designed to be single and alone for their entire lives.

And keep in mind that women are becoming more and more particular about what man they will and will not end up with, with things like status, appearance (height especially) and financing becoming more and more a factor. More and more women are going after a smaller pool of men or preferring to be alone if they can't find one who measures up to their unrealistic expectations.

Just look at Japan: an entire generation of men are throwing their hands up. Japan panics about the rise of "herbivores"—young men who shun sex, don't spend money, and like taking walks.

I have a feeling that in the next few years you will see a movement to accept polygamy, lead mostly by women who would prefer to share an alpha male rather than be alone or settle with a man who isn't tall, rich, dashing and an amazingly smooth lover.

Is there someone for everyone? Sure, if you're the Dos Esquis man. But for regular people, not so much.

Old 05-31-2016, 10:02 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
Quote:
I'm not even talking about marriage or falling in love. Rather, I am just asking whether or not there is someone somewhere that would be willing to date Individual x regardless of all Individual x's flaws. The only reason I ask is because even prisoners sometimes get solicitation for dates. So, why can't random joe blow seem to get a date?
A date definitely. I took a girl I met online out to eat and she clearly was only interested in the free meal.

Now for a romantic partner, that is a whole other story. There's not someone for everyone.

Old 05-31-2016, 10:47 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
...willing to date Individual x regardless of all Individual x's flaws....even prisoners sometimes get solicitation for dates. So, why can't random joe blow seem to get a date?
Maybe someone found a prisoner with Emotional Intelligence, EQ, a person who maybe committed a crime but can manage their emotions effectively and positively enough to have a successful relationship.

Not every Joe Bloe is able empathize with others- they sometimes cant overcome challenges in a mature way, they get whiny and defensive, say "whatever" and will refuse to put themselves in anyone elses shoes.

They cant defuse conflict, they just keep right fighting without learning, unable to understand that sometimes they are wrong, and being wrong is OK, not weak. It means you are able to learn. Some people cannot connect with others.

I'm not even trying to advocate for prisoners, I don't know any. My point is--Being a prisoner does not take away ones EQ, if they started out with any, but being unwilling to ever learn, connect, postively control their own emotions-- will surely not enable the average Joe/Jane Blow to have a rewarding relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships