Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2016, 09:50 AM

23,222 posts, read 29,044,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Some trimming is usually in order. You don't have to be totally smooth like a girly-man.
So the fact that so many Asians are hairless, you'd term them girly-men?

If you're into oral sex, shaving can definitely enhance the sensations!

And there's some women hairier than men! I read in a biography of Elizabeth Taylor that she had quite a hairy body for a woman, but you'd never have guessed seeing her in the movies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2016, 09:54 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times
I wouldn't say that I actively prefer a lot of body hair (though a fuzzy chest is a good thing) but if a guy I'm into is hairy, he's hairy. I wouldn't dream of asking him to do anything about it--his body, his choice.

Old 03-11-2016, 10:38 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Personally, I like hairy men, especially those with yummy chest and belly fur.
Ooo, lightly furry belly = super cute.

Well, to me, LOL.

Gives me something to play with!

Old 03-11-2016, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
So the fact that so many Asians are hairless, you'd term them girly-men?

If you're into oral sex, shaving can definitely enhance the sensations!

And there's some women hairier than men! I read in a biography of Elizabeth Taylor that she had quite a hairy body for a woman, but you'd never have guessed seeing her in the movies.
Okay, but what does that "for a woman" part mean? I'd put money down that she shaved her calves, thighs and underarms, so perhaps the "quite hairy" part was...well, I don't know. Where, exactly? Maybe her arms? She did have dark head hair so even fine arm hair would probably show when up close. Not enough that it showed up on camera though, certainly. Unless I missed something...but anyway, obviously not enough that anyone watching her movies would go "OMG HAIR."

So I think that "for a woman" qualifier changes things. I am SURE Liz Taylor's body hair didn't compare to the average man's.

Old 03-11-2016, 10:50 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
So I think that "for a woman" qualifier changes things. I am SURE Liz Taylor's body hair didn't compare to the average man's.
And it is kind of funny that people are saying "men are supposed to be hairy!" as if women aren't spending a lot of time and effort silently plucking and shaving and waxing their "naturally" unhairy selves.

Old 03-11-2016, 10:56 AM

182 posts, read 118,759 times
I'm a hairy guy, especially chest and back. Most of the women I have dated didnt have a problem with it.

I don't have a problem with women having hair "down there" as long as it's under control. I probably would have an issue with someone if they had a 70's or early 80's style "jungle bush" that is completely out of control. Thankfully that's not a thing anymore.

I don't shave down there at all, but it's also not out of control, it naturally keeps itself in check.

I'm not for hairy armpits at all on women, it's a personal turn off for me.

Old 03-11-2016, 12:03 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
The Mr. has the same affliction; he's just now starting to sprout a few chest hairs
My 'Tiger line' (from the naval down, Rrrr! ) is pretty much all the body hair that I can grow and that can be seen. I mean, I do have some thin strands of hair in my armpits and a strand or two on each leg, but that about it

Girly man? call me what you want, IRL nobody really cares , Lol.

Old 03-11-2016, 12:32 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,232,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
My 'Tiger line' (from the naval down, Rrrr! ) is pretty much all the body hair that I can grow and that can be seen. I mean, I do have some thin strands of hair in my armpits and a strand or two on each leg, but that about it

Girly man? call me what you want, IRL nobody really cares , Lol.
Yup, he's got this big thick mop of black hair on his head and thick eyebrows, but everything south of the eyebrows is just a few wisps of hair. Girly men? Please . It's aerodynamic and economical (countless dollars saved on shaving gear) . Of course, I do tease him a little about it, like if I'm cutting the kids' hair, I save the trimmings and offer to make him a little mustache and beard. All in good fun.

Old 03-11-2016, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
And it is kind of funny that people are saying "men are supposed to be hairy!" as if women aren't spending a lot of time and effort silently plucking and shaving and waxing their "naturally" unhairy selves.
Well, on the other hand, even if we women kept our leg and armpit hair, the leg hair at least would *overall* be less than male leg hair and we'd be lacking hair (except for the odd/stray) entirely on other portions (such as cheeks, chest and so on). Men ARE overall hairier than women, their hormones dictate that.

As an example: if a man had only 20 very visible hairs on his chest, most of society would say he was "nearly hairless." If a woman had 20 very visible hairs on her chest she'd be running to an endocrinologist.

Ditto if a woman had say 10 or more hairs (or for a really worried woman, fewer) on her cheeks...chin...back...butt...shoulders...etc., etc.

Men ARE "supposed to" be hairier as far as we've generally seen in various biological backgrounds.

But yes, women are not "naturally" hairless in places that society now expects us to be, that much is true. I do have to say I don't exactly dig Dr. Seuss eyebrows and sprouting ears that seem to be a fairly common thing in older men...and that can't be as difficult to remove as, say, an entire chestful of hair or anything. Again...that's just my take. But yeah. I WOULD hope my guy would handle that sort of thing...even though it wouldn't be "natural" to do so.

Old 03-11-2016, 12:49 PM

672 posts, read 810,957 times
My wife would pissed if I shaved my hairy chest. She likes to snuggle in. For you others that shave (insert icon with hand over mouth), you have to much estrogen in your environment and/or overly superficial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships