Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 03:52 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
I was taught that is extremely rude to ask anyone how much they weigh or how much money they make, so I don't ask those questions.

If you like how your significant other looks what difference does it make how much she weighs?

If you love a person enough to marry them who cares how much money they make? Same with net worth and number of sex partners - who cares?

I've been happily married for almost twenty years, but if my DH had asked me those questions, I would have told him to take a hike and I'd like to think he would have told me the same if I had asked him such things.

beowulf7, have you ever really loved someone with all of your heart and cared about them more than you care about yourself? If and when you do these questions will become irrelevant.
I have to disagree somewhat here. Love is love; marriage is a legal contract. It may not matter how much somebody makes, but it does matter how the money is handled. I for one don't wanna deal with fiscally irresponsible person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 03:57 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,606,137 times
Ask away!!!! If I'm gonna have a serious relationship with anyone they are welcome to ask me any question that they want.

As far as the weight question, who cares, you can tell just by looking at me approximately what I weigh anyway, so why is asking weight questions such an issue.

Last edited by MonaLisaVito; 02-10-2008 at 03:57 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 02-10-2008, 04:00 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
I had a guy tell me one time that he couldn't wait to make me his princess and move into my house !!

He didn't listen when I told him I had no plans to every marry him.

When people concentrate on money it makes it sound like thats what their motivation is for wanting to be with you.

Old 02-10-2008, 04:20 PM

15,865 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Personally, I would be VERY put off if a partner would not tell me how many sexual partners he had. It's as serious as a heart attack. I want a clean bill of health and to know the sexual history of my partner before ever getting into bed with him.

The rest I have no right to know (and no reason to share) but I do think the number of partners question is important. I've never run into a problem with a partner not wanting to tell me- and if he did that would be a huge red flag.

Old 02-10-2008, 04:20 PM

314 posts, read 719,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I had a guy tell me one time that he couldn't wait to make me his princess and move into my house !!
So did he envision you as Cinderella?

The only people who need to know what I make, am worth or owe is the bank if I am applying for a loan. Bye, see ya-

If I was considering marriage MAYBE the credit score.

Otherwise these questions would result in the phone number being deleted from the cell and we ALL know what that means....

Old 02-10-2008, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Personally, I would be VERY put off if a partner would not tell me how many sexual partners he had. It's as serious as a heart attack. I want a clean bill of health and to know the sexual history of my partner before ever getting into bed with him.
Just out of curiosity... what difference does it make to you? He/she could've been with 100 and be healthy and could've been with 1 and have AIDS...

Old 02-10-2008, 06:06 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,606,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Just out of curiosity... what difference does it make to you? He/she could've been with 100 and be healthy and could've been with 1 and have AIDS...
My reasoning to know would be morals. I would want someone who had similar morals as I did. Now, I'm not talking about a one night stand or two or having several girlfriends. But I would never want to be with someone who carelessy slept around with hundreds of women.

Old 02-10-2008, 06:17 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,399,620 times
I won't comment on your questions, but the most difficult one should be: "Would you be willing to take an AIDS test?" For me as a dating woman, I want to know where one stand on this issue. I could tell how much a man makes, simply by clothing, shoes, car, which restaurants he takes me to. Some things are easier to figure out, but AIDS could only be confirmed with a test.

Old 02-10-2008, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arussell View Post
Some things are easier to figure out, but AIDS could only be confirmed with a test.
I don't suppose you've made any of your partners take an AIDS test, though, have you?!

Old 02-10-2008, 07:44 PM

15,865 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I don't suppose you've made any of your partners take an AIDS test, though, have you?!
I've made all of mine get a full STD work up, including AIDS, before sleeping with them, yes.

In terms of number of sexual partners, it is important because, since I'm dating guys in their mid 20s, I don't want a guy who has more than 20 sex partners or a guy who has had a single one night stand. Some STDs don't show up in tests (for example, genital herpes) so I do all that I can to make sure I avoid such situations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships