Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 10:28 AM

2,702 posts, read 6,026,589 times

Advertisements

To add more fuel to the fire, our job has had after hours Happy Hour which he went to, I know he knows that I don't usually go bc my husband doesn't drink & also b/c I try to keep a low profile at work. In the beginning when I met him, we were both new & hung out together in the lunch room. Maybe this is why he *thinks* I'm interested in him, he would always tell me issues he'd be having w/ his wife & I'd try to give him advice to "improve" his relationship, & I'd also mention my husband too so he'd know I'm *off limits* but still he would occasionally message me. :/

I get the picture though, he is very professional at work. The messaging happens *after work* so it would be hard to make any case against him. Thanks for the replies everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 10:29 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,922,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmieGibbler View Post
When you put yourself out there like that, these things happen. I'd shut the facebook page down. Also don't tell your husband when your co-workers hit on you. It will happen but eventually you have to act like an adult and not bring it home. Just say no thanks. Sorry that happened to you. yuck~
this
seems obvious to me
I don't friend request married women out of the blue on facebook
you should know better

Old 03-16-2016, 10:30 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Okay, so remove him as a friend and block him on facebook and as far as your husband telling you he will take care of it, that is fine and dandy except you, yourself did not draw that boundary line.........

Old 03-16-2016, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Okay, so remove him as a friend and block him on facebook and as far as your husband telling you he will take care of it, that is fine and dandy except you, yourself did not draw that boundary line.........
True I have never been a confrontational type of woman & that is an issue I'm working on....

Old 03-16-2016, 10:35 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
To add more fuel to the fire ...
The "fire"??

As we have said, you could very easily douse any "fire" right this minute rather than dragging out all the intrigue. Just unfriend and block him on FB. And no more marriage advice. That is one of the most obvious ways married people flirt and build inroads... to complain about their marriage to someone of the opposite sex.

Enablers don't have to be confrontational. They just "let" things happen.

Old 03-16-2016, 10:39 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
True I have never been a confrontational type of woman & that is an issue I'm working on....
I do understand completely and I do sympathize but one thing I have learned throughout my current lifetime is that you cannot become comfortable until you step out of your comfort zone.
I do wish you the best and hope you get this resolved quickly.

PS: Don't approach this as a confrontation, make a statement of fact, clear, concise, short, straight to the point. Say what you mean to say one time, make it clear there will be no discussion and another incident from that moment will be handled via management.

Old 03-16-2016, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Correct.

The "fire"??

As we have said, you could very easily douse any "fire" right this minute rather than dragging out all the intrigue. Just unfriend and block him on FB. And no more marriage advice. That is one of the most obvious ways married people flirt and build inroads... to complain about their marriage to someone of the opposite sex.

Enablers don't have to be confrontational. They just "let" things happen.
OK, I wasn't aware of that...most of the married couples we hang out w/ don't "complain" especially not in a one-on-one setting...

Old 03-16-2016, 10:41 AM

Quote:
I do understand completely and I do sympathize but one thing I have learned throughout my current lifetime is that you cannot become comfortable until you step out of your comfort zone.
I do wish you the best and hope you get this resolved quickly.
Thanks CSD610, honestly I never thought it would get to this "level" (if you will) My husband nor I have responded to his message about him knowing me & agreeing that I'm beautiful & the fact that he's married as well. I don't know if it's worth it to respond?

Old 03-16-2016, 10:41 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
...most of the married couples we hang out w/ don't "complain" especially not in a one-on-one setting...
The happy people don't.

The ones who are looking for someone else to fool around with do.

Old 03-16-2016, 10:44 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
I'm confused. If a guy I worked with even made it to FB friend status, he'd best act like a friend, or I'd just unfriend him and avoid the subject entirely.

Why is something to simple so complicated???

Ditto texting me stuff that's inappropriate. I've had many a male friend in the workplace and none of them cross any lines of inappropriate behavior because I don't allow it.

I even have some that are pretty big jokers and are relatively flirty individuals, but they keep it light and harmless. I'm friends on FB (and in person) with most of their wives, too.

I dunno... I think you made this complicated, when it could have been really simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships