Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 01:02 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,303,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Then I really won't post it lol.. Who wants to be told their unattractive? What positive would I take from that?
I would never post a pic of myself on here. The people here can be harsh and I agree nobody wants to be told they're unattractive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 01:17 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,342,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Again. The post was not about being hit on by attached women.

But thanks for sharing your self-serving story!
Didn't you read the original post title? Women in relationships....definition: attached women.

Old 03-16-2016, 02:13 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,904,811 times
Quote:
Well in the mirror I don't look awful but in pictures I do and since I've never had women attracted to me I'm making an educated guess that I'm not attractive lol
This has been discussed about a zillion times. There is a very, very, very small percentage of the population that will not be considered as a partner by just about all of the other part of the population.

Most times it is attitude, personality or unrealistic expectations that prevent this, so the chances are very great that it is not your looks per se.

Old 03-16-2016, 02:18 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,193,603 times
Quote:
Most of my friends or family members wives/girlfriends through the years tell them how much they like me what a good guy Iam etc but when it comes to single women I can't seem to get anywhere..

They are very guarded and don't seem to want to get into any type of long conversation with me..and look for a way out of the conversation.

After 35 years my guess the problem is I must be unattractive.. these women in relationships like me as a person and feel I'm no threat to hit on them. Single women are scared that if they talk to me I might get the wrong impression that they like me.
Just my feeling, but I think when you are around married or attached girlfriends, you probably have a more relaxed demeanor and an outgoing personality because there is no pressure to impress. Compare to your single female friends, you probably become more uptight. You want to impress them but it is not coming off as relaxed or perhaps you do not want to say the wrong things.

Old 03-16-2016, 03:12 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,204,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Post another one. We are a tougher crowd now. We will tell you what we think, good or bad.
That sure is going to inspire him to post a pic.

Old 03-16-2016, 03:21 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,904,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
That sure is going to inspire him to post a pic.
What this always shows is that these guys don't really think they are totally ugly. If they did, it wouldn't matter what other people thought. They would already know they are ugly. On some level, they don't really think that. They just want to complain and make excuses for the hard work and develop the strength it actually takes to get out there and make yourself vulnerable to the opposite sex.

Old 03-16-2016, 04:02 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,346,208 times
Quote:
What this always shows is that these guys don't really think they are totally ugly. If they did, it wouldn't matter what other people thought. They would already know they are ugly. On some level, they don't really think that. They just want to complain and make excuses for the hard work and develop the strength it actually takes to get out there and make yourself vulnerable to the opposite sex.
That's not necessarily true. I don't think much of my looks, and I'd never invite people to agree with me.
I do tend to agree with what I bolded, though. I'm not sure it's fear of hard work so much as a genuine psychological issue like learned helplessness. The result is the same though. Most men have to make their own luck with women (as most women do in different ways). If you're looks challenged, this is especially true.

So OP, whatever your deal is, you make it work or you don't. You've chosen not to. It would be healthier if you owned that choice.

Old 03-16-2016, 04:10 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,204,319 times
Quote:
No he thinks he's ugly. I'm not sure what this post has to do with my comment. And how does one develop strength? Where's your psychology degree?

Last edited by Ro2113; 03-16-2016 at 04:56 PM..

Old 03-16-2016, 04:24 PM

27 posts, read 23,773 times
Quote:
Most of my friends or family members wives/girlfriends through the years tell them how much they like me what a good guy Iam etc but when it comes to single women I can't seem to get anywhere.

They are very guarded and don't seem to want to get into any type of long conversation with me..and look for a way out of the conversation.

After 35 years my guess the problem is I must be unattractive.. these women in relationships like me as a person and feel I'm no threat to hit on them. Single women are scared that if they talk to me I might get the wrong impression that they like me.
I'm not so sure to agree. It depends largely on their age, but also its a fact that mature girls know what they want, and most of the single girls (that are cute, have to say it) are single because they are immature I don't know if I implied.

Old 03-17-2016, 12:09 PM

311 posts, read 292,590 times
OP,
did you previously go by "Brantley Gilbert" by any chance?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships