Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 03:18 PM

52,193 posts, read 52,623,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
He's seeing other women while still with her. High values and standards? Hardly.
Standards are slipping apparently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2016, 03:49 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,328,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonora Anderson View Post
My boyfriend said that he won't marry me if I don't lose weight. He has started seeing other women to show that he's got one foot out the door and he's ready to leave if I don't make an effort.

What should I do?
Work on developing some self-esteem - it's seems nonexistent.

Old 03-19-2016, 05:39 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,100,783 times
I don't believe this is a real post, but on the off chance it is, then I say lose weight if you think he is worth keeping or don't if hes not. Why would you ask us? Oh yeah, it's not a real post.

Old 03-19-2016, 06:08 PM

513 posts, read 429,003 times
Uh, op, it's not even a decision. You just leave...unless you want to be married, headed towards a divorce with at least two kids caught in the middle of an adult war after about 7 "wonderful" years together, your "wonderful" boyfriend (husband) still seeing other chicks on the side while you're gaining weight from depression, anxiety, and all that good stuff, and oh yea, you catching a little "itch" down there thanks to your husband. Best to fly solo.

Old 03-20-2016, 07:49 AM

5 posts, read 9,270 times
Lose the weight or end up with no boyfriend. Simple choice. If you do manage to find another one, he's going to be just as disappointed, even if he doesn't say it. Men like slim women, and losing weight is not hard. He's doing you a favor by communicating to you loud and clear what the problem is, and now all you have to do is fix it.

Old 03-20-2016, 07:57 AM

92 posts, read 70,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Jones 99 View Post
I think you already know what you need to do. Losing weight isn't as hard as people make it out to be. Just do it.
It really isnt, just need to eat less calories than you burn and it falls off.

Old 03-20-2016, 08:52 AM

302 posts, read 473,812 times
My ex-husband told me he would divorce me if I didn't lose weight. After years of abuse, I left him. I lost 90 lbs and then he wanted me again. I eventually divorced him. I am still overweight, but my new husband loves me no matter what I weigh.

He is not going to change. If he is a tool now he will always be a tool. Find someone who loves you for who you are,not how much you weigh.

Old 03-20-2016, 01:44 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,674,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKittehs View Post
My ex-husband told me he would divorce me if I didn't lose weight. After years of abuse, I left him. I lost 90 lbs and then he wanted me again. I eventually divorced him. I am still overweight, but my new husband loves me no matter what I weigh.

He is not going to change. If he is a tool now he will always be a tool. Find someone who loves you for who you are,not how much you weigh.
Exactly. Just send the boy packing, and then do what make you feel better about yourself, just for your own sake, and not to keep some flake happy.

Old 03-20-2016, 01:45 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,131,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonora Anderson View Post
My boyfriend said that he won't marry me if I don't lose weight. He has started seeing other women to show that he's got one foot out the door and he's ready to leave if I don't make an effort.

What should I do?
First and only post. Right. In case you're real, all I have to say is that you sure can pick 'em.

Old 03-20-2016, 04:26 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,659,468 times
I can understand the want for the weight loss, but if he is already dating someone he is cheating. DUMP him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships