Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2016, 04:06 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,018,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat View Post
It's not a breeze for women I got 50+ visits yesterday and only three messages and im not all that hideous.i added hippy/hippie to my profile though and that helped a lot,im getting guys I actually like now.
I got a ton that view me, but no messages either. The one guy that moved the bike, said he was blown away by how much prettier I was in person. But I got that last time. Lots of guys said I was way better looking than my pictures. But I have never been photogenic, which is why I hate my photos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2016, 06:49 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,271,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierPacheco View Post
In general women have a lot of things easier but it is what it is.

I still wouldn't say they have a lot of things easier. I think that's where you're wrong. They may be able to casually date easier, due to more traditional males online dating, but they don't have it any easier when seeking a long-term relationship.

Dating is easier for me than a relationship too. I've done the casual dating in the past myself. Even though I still paid for stuff, most of those dates were just coffee or ice cream. What I found for myself was that I wasn't all that interested in just casually dating. Me not stepping up and wanting to put my best foot forward showed that I just wasn't really into the women in question to begin with. I've seen how I respond to women I am interested in and it's a stark difference. Coffee and ice cream are for women that I don't particularly have any interest in either way. When I'm interested in a woman I want to take her out to dinner or drinks and really get to know her.

Old 03-24-2016, 10:33 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,441,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post

It's not a gender specific issue. Some have great experience with dating. And some just suck with it. And as some stated, plenty of average women struggle with dating but some guys here don't notice because they're looking at the above average women who have attractive men all over them, and think that's universal.
This would be me. Dating is the one area in my life in which I've always struggled. I finally gave up on OLD due to an average of 6 profile views per week and maybe one "hi how are you" message every week, week and a half, if I was lucky. And this was after having friends help me write my profile and pick out my pictures. I am MUCH happier with that profile gone!

Old 03-24-2016, 11:44 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,390,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
This would be me. Dating is the one area in my life in which I've always struggled. I finally gave up on OLD due to an average of 6 profile views per week and maybe one "hi how are you" message every week, week and a half, if I was lucky. And this was after having friends help me write my profile and pick out my pictures. I am MUCH happier with that profile gone!
i gave up on it too, was using okcupid. I had 3-4 conversations where the woman stopped replying after a couple of good messages. I probably send out a 100 emails. Rather just go about my life and join activities.

Old 03-24-2016, 02:09 PM

23,164 posts, read 26,118,923 times

Old 03-24-2016, 02:17 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,031,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
So last night I was bored and said why the heck don't I just have one profile and see what happens. Maybe Mr. Right will find me.

Haha!!! That was a hilarious idea...

Number 1- I am going to be super picky and if you are not what I want, I am not wasting a second of my time.
Number 2- The cute guys that I like and see as a fit, view my profile and nothing. No message. No nothing.
Number 3- The non-white guys are requesting to meet me and the guys way overweight. No. Just no.
Sounds like you're severely limiting yourself based on #1. Online profiles aren't really the same as meeting someone in person, as I've discovered multiple times over the years.

Prime example: I met my ex wife online in 1999. Based on her profile, such as it was, I would probably have had little interest. After some conversation, tho, I was interested enough to meet. After we met, we started dating. That relationship lasted 16 years, most of them good ones.

I meet a lot of people in person these days, so OLD isn't something I'm really doing much, but you gotta actually see who a person is to really get any idea. Photos and a few lines of text can be quite misleading.

In my opinion. :-)

I should add that she was absolutely not my physical type. Until I met her, and I realized that there were exceptions out there that I had no idea about before I'd met her...

Old 03-24-2016, 02:29 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,412,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierPacheco View Post
You're entitled to your opinion. I'll stick to facts.

Once again, women have it easier.Is it hard for women ? I'm sure they face SOME obstacles but it's not that hard compared to what men have to go through.
LOL at the idea that the above assertion constitutes "fact" and not "opinion."

Old 03-24-2016, 03:14 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,175,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
Sorry to hear that. I wouldn't be suited for OLD as I take the worst pictures. I am rarely ever happy with any pic I take. Not to mention my eyes are messed up, which becomes glaringly obvious, if not worse, in a picture. So that will definitely turn some guys off, and have them going the other way, and not looking back. lol Not that I blame them, as I hate it myself.

But it happens. Some people have the nice luck and fun with dating - being blessed with great looks, or a good bit of charm / charisma, thus for them, people liking them is just a way of life. Others have to keep trying in hopes they may have at least 1 or 2 decent relationships with someone they like. Men and women sadly have these issues.

Old 03-27-2016, 09:52 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,476,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
Into every woman's life a few jerks and losers will attempt to fall. But if that's ALL you are attracting, the problem is you, and you have to ask yourself why you're a crap-magnet. Keep doing what you're doing and keep being how you're being, and you'll keep getting what you're getting.
OTOH, not everyone will win at life. I guess it kinda' sucks when you realize that and you can't do a thing about it.

It reminds me of that one time my '69 Beetle (first car) had a clutch cable snap going down the street. Everything sounds fine and the engine is still chattering along, but you're just stuck there because you can't get into gear. What a crap feeling that was. I massively upgraded from that crapbox since then, but not everyone will. It is what it is.

Old 03-27-2016, 09:55 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,018,431 times
Right my luck is generally replace a clutch and it goes out again when I am leaving the shop. Or the slave cylinder than goes...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships