U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 03:09 PM

3,248 posts, read 1,464,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I don't think that that service or grace from public servants is ever doled out evenly. Most people enjoy interactions with pleasant people more than with unpleasant people. I'm not saying that anyone who isn't charming is unpleasant but if everyone were more pleasant - I think everyone would be happier. And I'll say this - I don't think that responding to someone's charms makes them a fool. It makes them a fool if they believe that the charming woman at the restaurant is going to become their wife - but they aren't a fool for simply enjoying a pleasant customer and giving her better service. Oh - and I'm also a good tipper!

I agree with you in general, but I've seen men and women get pretty stupid in response to a pretty face belonging to someone who will look right past them like they're invisible outside the context where being charming pays. That's a little foolish. Having said that, maybe I could lighten up a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2016, 09:57 PM

2,267 posts, read 2,207,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstwo View Post
To the women here: What is your opinion of women that use their feminine wiles to say get out of tickets or get men to buy them things or to do other things for them?
Giive a variety of examples of what exactly some women do to have men do what she wants them to do for her that can be fairly interpreted by ALL of us (female and male) as her "using her feminine wiles".

That is, is a woman who happens to be naturally attractive, well-proportioned, pretty faced and then her being out there in the world wearing attire which fits her well, presenting herself with well-done hair, makeup, et al, and smiling and being pleasant and affable in her interactions with others (including with men she interacts with but also with everyone else, including other women) an example of her "using her feminine wiles"? Or is this more fairly deemed as her not trying to hide or obscure her natural beauty and femininity but rather just letting it present itself as it is aNd here being naturally affable and pleasant with everyone (or with most persons), yet some man interprets it as her "using her feminine wiles"? So spell out here some pointed and specific examples that can definitively be deemed by ALL of us (male and female) as "using one's feminine wiles". By the way, I am a male asking all this.

Last edited by UsAll; 04-02-2016 at 10:16 PM..

Old 04-03-2016, 07:54 PM

2,267 posts, read 2,207,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsAll View Post
Giive a variety of examples of what exactly some women do to have men do what she wants them to do for her that can be fairly interpreted by ALL of us (female and male) as her "using her feminine wiles".

That is, is a woman who happens to be naturally attractive, well-proportioned, pretty faced and then her being out there in the world wearing attire which fits her well, presenting herself with well-done hair, makeup, et al, and smiling and being pleasant and affable in her interactions with others (including with men she interacts with but also with everyone else, including other women) an example of her "using her feminine wiles"? Or is this more fairly deemed as her not trying to hide or obscure her natural beauty and femininity but rather just letting it present itself as it is and then just being naturally affable and pleasant with everyone (or with most persons), yet some man interprets it as her "using her feminine wiles"? So spell out here some pointed and specific examples that can definitively be deemed by ALL of us (male and female) as "using one's feminine wiles". By the way, I am a male asking all this.
ADDENDA: Well, looking back at the exact wording of the OP's first posting which opened this thread, the OP did, in fact, give 2 examples of what he'd deem to be a woman "using her feminine wiles". But what exact behaviors would the woman engage in to get out of being issued a speeding ticket by Highway Patrol, for instance? Make the male officer think that he might get to make out with her or go to bed with her? Exactly how? What is she doing during that interaction that is an example of her being "unfair" by purportedly taking undue advantage of her female attributes? Is she simply smiling at him and saying "Please, please, please!" and batting her eyelashes at him? Stroking his hand? Or what?

As to the OP's second example: I've had plenty of women over the years get me or try to get me to perform services or tasks or deeds for them but have also had enough men do the same with me. So were the men (in their own minds), in a corollary way, using their own form of what you'd call "masculine wiles" with me (even though they know I am a heterosexual who is not pining to be romantic or intimate with them) to get me to deliver in regards to what they were seeking from me?

Last edited by UsAll; 04-03-2016 at 08:12 PM..

Old 04-03-2016, 08:07 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,263,480 times
We live in a sex driven society.

Good looks will definitely bring more opportunities in certain situations.

I personally saw a young lady at one of my previous jobs go from receptionist to facilities manager in a matter of 6 months.

Not even an associate degree.

Had everything to do with her looks. She used them to gain favorability with the right people.

I say good for her.

Hard competitive times we live in.

We use every tool we have to get ahead.

Last edited by usamathman; 04-03-2016 at 08:37 PM..

Old 04-03-2016, 09:54 PM

5,708 posts, read 3,169,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsAll View Post
ADDENDA: Well, looking back at the exact wording of the OP's first posting which opened this thread, the OP did, in fact, give 2 examples of what he'd deem to be a woman "using her feminine wiles". But what exact behaviors would the woman engage in to get out of being issued a speeding ticket by Highway Patrol, for instance? Make the male officer think that he might get to make out with her or go to bed with her? Exactly how? What is she doing during that interaction that is an example of her being "unfair" by purportedly taking undue advantage of her female attributes? Is she simply smiling at him and saying "Please, please, please!" and batting her eyelashes at him? Stroking his hand? Or what?

As to the OP's second example: I've had plenty of women over the years get me or try to get me to perform services or tasks or deeds for them but have also had enough men do the same with me. So were the men (in their own minds), in a corollary way, using their own form of what you'd call "masculine wiles" with me (even though they know I am a heterosexual who is not pining to be romantic or intimate with them) to get me to deliver in regards to what they were seeking from me?
I was stopped for speeding by the CHP.. Older cop. When he asked if I knew why he'd stopped me I owned it
I guess I was driving a little fast. Is there a reason why you were speeding that would preclude me from giving you a ticket? I looked him the eye and said no. Then I looked down and said perhaps instead of giving me a ticket... You could just give me a little spanking? He busted out laughing, ran my info, gave me back my paperwork and sent me on my way with a verbal warning.
Home Depot... A tight sweater, some make up and a perplexed look will not only get you pretty quick help from the guy who working in that department, but non employees will offer their help. Lol
One time I had 3 guys searching for a brass fitting so I could fix my sink. ( none of which worked there).
More often than not.. I actually need help in places like that anyway.
While working for the airlines I had cute guys try and charm me into giving them a free upgrade from coach to business or business to first class, or charm their way out of paying for that extra bag.
There's no harm unless one's intent is to take unfair advantage at some kind of cost to the other person.

Old 04-04-2016, 02:38 PM

25,206 posts, read 24,097,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
I was stopped for speeding by the CHP.. Older cop. When he asked if I knew why he'd stopped me I owned it
I guess I was driving a little fast. Is there a reason why you were speeding that would preclude me from giving you a ticket? I looked him the eye and said no. Then I looked down and said perhaps instead of giving me a ticket... You could just give me a little spanking? He busted out laughing, ran my info, gave me back my paperwork and sent me on my way with a verbal warning.
Home Depot... A tight sweater, some make up and a perplexed look will not only get you pretty quick help from the guy who working in that department, but non employees will offer their help. Lol
One time I had 3 guys searching for a brass fitting so I could fix my sink. ( none of which worked there).
More often than not.. I actually need help in places like that anyway.
While working for the airlines I had cute guys try and charm me into giving them a free upgrade from coach to business or business to first class, or charm their way out of paying for that extra bag.
There's no harm unless one's intent is to take unfair advantage at some kind of cost to the other person.
Oh my dear goodness, that is HILARIOUS.

Old 04-04-2016, 04:05 PM

5,721 posts, read 4,320,244 times
Men can do the same thing nowadays since there's plenty of women with power and money. In the workplace a woman's wile ways aren't going to do squat if her boss is a woman.

Old 04-05-2016, 12:42 PM

6,250 posts, read 5,828,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Men can do the same thing nowadays since there's plenty of women with power and money. In the workplace a woman's wile ways aren't going to do squat if her boss is a woman.

But a man doing it faces the risk of being accused of sexual harassment. It's just not the same. Women can use their feminine wiles for many things. More power to them .

Old 04-05-2016, 01:02 PM

4,380 posts, read 3,423,743 times
I've never given the question any thought. I don't know if I even have "wiles" but maybe I do since I always seem to be given breaks or deals on things. I always just assumed people thought I look poor and took pity on me. *shrugs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I've never actually known a woman who got out of a ticket by flirting, except on TV.
I got out of one by the cop flirting with me. I didn't even realize at the time he was flirting! Yeah, I'm slow on the uptake. Though that was also one of the rare instances I've played the "widow card" which I didn't do intentionally at that.

Old 04-18-2016, 09:21 PM

5,708 posts, read 3,169,557 times
Something that happened this weekend reminded me of this thread. I was running some errands here in Avignon, France when I happened to see an Apple Store. My iPad had just died ( dead battery) and I needed it fixed. If you've ever been to an Apple Store you know it's going to be packed. Even when you have an appointment at the "Genius Bar" ( where they diagnose problems) it's often a long process. True to my past experience the store was packed. There wasn't an empty seat at the Genius Bar and there was a long line of people waiting, both with and without an appointment. While standing in line I noticed an employee looking at me. I raised my sunglasses, put my hand on my hip and gave him a look.. Like what are you looking at? I followed up with a big smile. When he finished with his customer he walked over to a table and motioned me over with his finger. Can I help you? I explained my issue, and hung on his every word while he checked out the problem and gave me my options. Send it out to get repaired for about 88 euros ( about 100.00 US) or for the same 88 euros they could give new a brand new iPad ( same model) or I could get credit for my iPad and pay the difference to upgrade. I opted for a new ( same model) iPad.
The whole process took about 25 minutes including transferring my data to the new device.
As I was walking out I noticed a woman in line who had apparently watched the whole thing. She rolled her eyes at me and shook her head. I just smiled, shrugged my shoulders and walked out... New iPad in hand and not much time wasted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or