Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 10:19 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,439,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fareed View Post
I'm saying every girl online loves nice guys but, somehow the bad boys in real life are running through hundreds of girls and the nice guys are on the sidelines. So....somebody's lying.

Maybe you are a good person.

But for every girl like that, there's 9 girls like I'm describing.

And for all those 9 girls (no, not really 9, just a handy figure you made up), there's a mousy, geeky, cute-but-not-pretty, 23 year old who YOU GUYS won't even look at because of all your superficial, shallow reasons that generally center around bra size, hair length, and model looks.

Look, fella, it goes both ways. There are people who are left behind because they don't fit into certain molds- male and female. There are some people who just don't grow into their looks until their in their late 20s or even 30s. There are people who are just awkward and horrible at personal interaction. There are people who firmly believe they are afantastic person and they're really, really not.

I advocate everyone living their lives for themselves, not to attain some mythical perfect partner. But it's your ilk (MGTOW/MRA/PUA) that have turned it into some kind of culture war where male sexuality and domination is somehow supposed to take precedence over all other current social/cultural mores, and everything would be fine if women could just somehow be shoved back "into their place" and not actually have rights and education.

Never going to happen, bub. Get with the times and learn how to treat women as equal people instead of some thing that you are supposed to win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2016, 10:29 PM

32 posts, read 27,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
And for all those 9 girls (no, not really 9, just a handy figure you made up), there's a mousy, geeky, cute-but-not-pretty, 23 year old who YOU GUYS won't even look at because of all your superficial, shallow reasons that generally center around bra size, hair length, and model looks.

Look, fella, it goes both ways. There are people who are left behind because they don't fit into certain molds- male and female. There are some people who just don't grow into their looks until their in their late 20s or even 30s. There are people who are just awkward and horrible at personal interaction. There are people who firmly believe they are afantastic person and they're really, really not.

I advocate everyone living their lives for themselves, not to attain some mythical perfect partner. But it's your ilk (MGTOW/MRA/PUA) that have turned it into some kind of culture war where male sexuality and domination is somehow supposed to take precedence over all other current social/cultural mores, and everything would be fine if women could just somehow be shoved back "into their place" and not actually have rights and education.

Never going to happen, bub. Get with the times and learn how to treat women as equal people instead of some thing that you are supposed to win.
If you need a guy to hate, I'll be that guy for you.

But I have never said that women shouldn't be treated equal or need to be put back in their place.

That's hogwash.

I simply said most women are full of **** about their dating habits and aren't honest about what they're sexually attracted to and that gender relations would be in a better place when women stop saying they like one thing but, chase another. Then....maybe guys would be working with a script that actually works instead of the error filled script they're being forced fed now. Its funny. Every girl on here likes good guys but, out in the real world, girls in their 20s are another story. So somebody is obviously lying. Or maybe I'm talking to a bunch of 40 year old ladies in here who are WAY PAST their party years and thus, not relevant to the conversation.

And oh yea.......please send me the cute geeky 23 year old. I'll take her.

Old 03-28-2016, 03:21 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:

But I have never said that women shouldn't be treated equal or need to be put back in their place.

That's hogwash.

I simply said most women are full of **** about their dating habits and aren't honest about what they're sexually attracted to and that gender relations would be in a better place when women stop saying they like one thing but, chase another. Then....maybe guys would be working with a script that actually works instead of the error filled script they're being forced fed now. Its funny. Every girl on here likes good guys but, out in the real world, girls in their 20s are another story. So somebody is obviously lying. Or maybe I'm talking to a bunch of 40 year old ladies in here who are WAY PAST their party years and thus, not relevant to the conversation.

You seem to be under the impresson that people throughout history have not been sexually-driven creatures and that most people older than you waited until their wedding night to have sex. The key difference I see now is the Internet. OLD, social media...they shape the dating/hookup culture now. Before, people went out to clubs, sporting events, parties, etc and "hooked up." Especially when alcohol was involved.

Most people who are mentally stable want to date nice people. That said, "nice" is part of the core criteria. It's up there with "takes baths," "brushes teeth," and "has a pulse."

Your anecdotal evidence based on getting your heart broken at 20 years old and having a girl with a low opinion of herself chase you after that should in no way invalidate the fact that most humans do not want to date jerks. Or have sex with them. Anecdotally, I'd say that jerks who are very good looking probably do okay at hooking up, but not at dating. Which is logical. If someone only wants to get laid, they are more likely to overlook personality deficits if the person is good looking.

But, dating? Much more likely not to date a jerk. I've dated guys who people thought qualified as "bad boys" who treated me very well, actually. Most were musicians.

But, "nice" is the cost of admission. It isn't something to call out about yourself. It's more of a "duh...shouldn't we all be?" sort of quality.

Old 03-28-2016, 04:21 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Quote:
Somewhat.

When I was younger (19-20ish), after a bad relationship, I stopped caring about anyone. My next girlfriend couldn't get enough of this version of me. It was crazy to me. The nice affectionate person I used to be got treated horribly. When I stopped caring about anything and anyone, this girl was willing to bend over backwards for my approval.

I stopped being angry after a while, went back to my normal happy self. Girls went back to acting like before. The last relationship I had ended horrifically and it kinda did it for me. I didn't care to go back to being the dikkhead I was before. Plenty of guys do. That's what the entire PUA movement is. Guys trying to transform themselves into some exciting devil may care lothario to get chicks. I rather just eject from it all and focus on me.

So no....I haven't tried to date for the last 5 months.

A few chicks have expressed interest but, I'm not in the mood for women right now.

Lately, I've been more concerned with managing my day job and teaching myself to code after hours. It's pretty fun. That's my life right now.
You, sir, are not nice.

Old 03-28-2016, 04:37 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Quote:

That's hogwash.

Did I mention that you are not nice? Works? You replied to a post about seeing women as people. With this. My husband sent me the link that I originally posted. So he has read some of this thread. His comment was, wow that Fareed dude is a jerk, huh?

Old 03-28-2016, 05:27 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,579,807 times
Quote:

That's hogwash.

Allow me to make an observation about your observations:

Women are women, stop expecting them to think and act like men act and you will get along better. They are rational but much more emotionally driven than men. The guys I know who are successful with ladies all have something in common - its called the romance of the ear. Simply put it is telling them things that put them in a receptive emotional state - sure looks, money, attitude, all help but they are all part of the same thing.

It is no use crying about 50% of the world's population not be receptive to your (men's) needs. Just go find a way to make it work for you without getting bitter (which is counterproductive).

good luck.

Old 03-28-2016, 11:25 AM

405 posts, read 240,948 times
Quote:
Somewhat.

When I was younger (19-20ish), after a bad relationship, I stopped caring about anyone. My next girlfriend couldn't get enough of this version of me. It was crazy to me. The nice affectionate person I used to be got treated horribly. When I stopped caring about anything and anyone, this girl was willing to bend over backwards for my approval.

I stopped being angry after a while, went back to my normal happy self. Girls went back to acting like before. The last relationship I had ended horrifically and it kinda did it for me. I didn't care to go back to being the dikkhead I was before. Plenty of guys do. That's what the entire PUA movement is. Guys trying to transform themselves into some exciting devil may care lothario to get chicks. I rather just eject from it all and focus on me.

So no....I haven't tried to date for the last 5 months.

A few chicks have expressed interest but, I'm not in the mood for women right now.

Lately, I've been more concerned with managing my day job and teaching myself to code after hours. It's pretty fun. That's my life right now.

I feel like this all the time.

Old 03-28-2016, 11:28 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times
Brashness stems from insecurity and lack of confidence. Truly confident guys don't need to act in a brash manner. They are simply confident and they don't have any need to prove that

Old 03-28-2016, 11:31 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times
Guys who think acting in a ""non-nice guy" manner will get them girls are right in a certain respect. It will get them girls who have serious emotional, intimacy and daddy issues. It will not get them healthy, available women to have a normal relationship with, however. Women who are available for normal, healthy, intimate relationships are attracted to nice guys because they are attracted to mutual respect.

Old 03-28-2016, 11:32 AM

426 posts, read 370,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Mate honestly if you are not in the right frame of mind then you shouldn't be dating so I'll give you that , it annoys the hell out of me that people do this and wonder why it didn't work out.

But thank you for the honest answer
And im pretty at sure people he wants to be dating again.
Theres a lot of pretty woman out there.
Its all about meeting the right one.

I don't give up that easily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships