Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 11:28 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Yeah, this post doesn't change my earlier thought.

Taxpayer, here. It's my business.
Indeed covernment created the tax system and orders where and how they are using this money. So shame the covernment and not people who are legally paid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2016, 11:42 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,450,158 times
She sounds overly picky and stuck looking for things to be upset over.
No matter "what" her issue is, she needs to fix it for herself...no boss or business of going to always be in agreement with what "you" want at all times.

Depending on the type of work you're not always going to be doing one thing or the only thing you where hired for in the beginning either.

I see a lot of people with social anxiety act in the way your wife acts towards employment.

Old 03-28-2016, 11:45 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
That is rude coconut. First worlds hunger is not disappearing just by the fact that there is third worlds hunger in africa.

https://www.humanrights.gov.au/compl...ion-employment

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/wo...air-treatment/

Some people are like bleeding preys, predators cannot resist them. That is why it follows at most work places. Person itself does not have to do anything, they just smells the blood.

One of my relatives never got holidays from work at holiday season, he talk with union and they contact his work. He just got first holiday at christmas time.

Unfortunately people are * at work, as well as bosses as co-workers.

I don't believe a person who would be well paid, well respected and having good and positive experiences with co-workers would just quit. Most people are that much after money.
Me rude? yeah, what else is new

I don't know how my post was rude, but if you say so, okay

Old 03-28-2016, 12:05 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post

Poor people CAN afford their kids, they are just not getting everything what rich kids are having. Also some countries pay extra support just to encourage poorer people to make kids. Society needs enough people to round it.

And yes, it happends, meanwhile some citizens are judging low paid jobs, someone has to do them! This system is not running without cleaners, trash drivers etc. Meanwhile they seem to not ever having the value what belongs to them via lifting their pay check and appreciating the work they are doing all they get is biting of being "wall-mart" -people that never should make kids because they are poor.

Hello, human nature is made for mating. everyone (or almost everyone) has inner build urges for that. The fact that people created this type of FAKE system which is rounded by money does not close the fact that peoples nature is to be pack animals, mate and make kids and live in a family, be parents and grandparents.

And it is the fact that in some countries refugees are called in practically to make babies because natives are not making enough them. And it is all paid via benefits, by tax moneys. I know several couples who are not making babies because they would be judged for it (not necessary poor but other reasons) and then I know these refugee families with 6-8 kids that don't understand the language and read and hear all this bs about poor people who should not make kids.

Some people live their entire lives by making low paid jobs and they have equal rights to have families than everyone else. Cheeses, they make babies in africa and modern world is feeding and schooling them by hundred of million dollars per year and then someone has a nerve to say that some native citizen at certain country should not have rights to make kids.

Yes they have all rights to have kids even in poor families, low or high paid, that is not anyone elses business.

Actually healthy food is not always expensive, it depends where you live, many vegetables and berries are cheap all people can grow them on their backyard, windows, balconies etc. stable environment, how come? How do you know how safe their environment is? Not all poor people live in "ghettos" or "slums" or what ever they have around the world.

Read this:
Rich People Are More Likely To Lie, Cheat, And Steal Candy From Children - Business Insider

Maybe should not judge people just by their incomes. Maybe should not stigmatize poor people, maybe not generalize them.

And, as long as covernment pays extra just to bring more citizens, it is not your job to trash those people. Instead try to make covernment stop paying benefits in the future. As long as society keeps, nurtures, make sure there is poor class and stays poor by using certain tricks, you have no rights to blame and bug them. Is that god who gave a right for you to shame poor people? Or is that human right or it is said in law? No it is not.

Stop fat shaming and stop poor shaming.
I stick to my opinion.

And if they can't make ends meet - they should get better jobs aka go to college, or do SOMETHING to better their situation. Either sticking with a job that sucks or doing something to find a better one.

Old 03-28-2016, 12:05 PM

540 posts, read 1,096,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfusionman View Post
Her last job was retail and three days ago came home saying she quit because as she put it "I refuse to work for the """" again". From what she has said her boss would constantly call her in on her days off and gripe at her for petty reasons, as well as give her responsibilities she didn't sign up for.

This is pretty standard for retail. A lot of people call out every day, so it is common for managers to call people to see if they would like to come in to pick up hours. Also, you are expected to cross-train and keep busy. For instance, if you are a cashier and there is no one waiting in line, you are expected to clean up your area/nearby shelves, maybe do some stocking if it really slow, or go assist other areas. I highly doubt he is calling "constantly" and he is probably "griping" at her because she is not doing her job properly.

Tell your wife to grow up, get her **** together, and keep a job. You have 2 kids to take care of. The time to quit jobs because of petty reasons like this is over.

Old 03-28-2016, 12:09 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,579,034 times
Tell her not to quit until she has her next job. That what a responsible person would do.

Old 03-28-2016, 12:11 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
OP, who cares for the baby and the toddler while she's at work?

It sounds like she's not into retail, where the schedule can change at almost any time, hours can be unpredictable, etc. Does she have any office skills? She might prefer something with a more steady schedule.

Old 03-28-2016, 12:14 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
Retails sounds like very low paid and if daycare is expensive, doesn't it make more sense if she stays home and you work a few more hours?

Best solution for the kids anyway ... if you can afford it.

Old 03-28-2016, 12:18 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
We don't know if they're paying for daycare or not. Her or his parents might be looking after the grandkiddies during the day.

Old 03-28-2016, 12:47 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,709,862 times
I was having the same problem with my wife. I dealt with this for years and finally had enough.

But, you have kids so the situation is a little different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships