Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 01:21 PM

902 posts, read 1,103,789 times

Advertisements

Divorce - Get Help Filing Uncontested Divorce Online | LegalZoom

$299.00

a great, easy cheap option if both sides are in full agreement on every detail of the divorce, and both want to save thousands

have the name and number of a great divorce lawyer handy in case things get messy (they usually do)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2016, 01:26 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,705,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azsportpilot View Post

$299.00

a great, easy cheap option if both sides are in full agreement on every detail of the divorce, and both want to save thousands
That seems like a great option! Thanks!

Old 03-28-2016, 01:35 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,008,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
That seems like a great option! Thanks!
LOL- you're going to pay them the money to get forms that you could get yourself?

Great option!!!

Old 03-28-2016, 01:46 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,737,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Wow, she ran that up during your marriage and you were able just to wipe your hands of it? Right on.
There's really only one other choice and that anger and hate would do me no good.

The kicker: she spent most on another dude. Lol

Not to be crass but when I hacked her texts after running a credit report, even though it really effed me, it was comical. I was the rich and not... What one thinks about why some cheat.

I learned though: I was busier being provider and soccer dad to her son after we bought the dream home. Fewer vacations and more family dinners vs going out all the time.

Old 03-28-2016, 02:03 PM

20 posts, read 13,219 times
if no one is contesting anything, hire a lawyer to file to avoid court dates, it was under $2k for me, although I gave up all assets

Old 03-28-2016, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
LOL- you're going to pay them the money to get forms that you could get yourself?

Great option!!!
Legal Zoom goes way beyond just providing the forms for $299, their level of help & support is the reason for their success and great reviews

they walk you through the process, step by step, then make sure everything is right

If you are familiar with all the laws and know how to complete and submit the forms correctly, then you are probably an attorney, just have your secretary download the forms

Not an attorney?.... just pay the $299, the peace of mind knowing it was done correctly (LZ checks everything) is worth that

Old 03-28-2016, 02:25 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,074,740 times
Quote:
Legal Zoom goes way beyond just providing the forms for $299, their level of help & support is the reason for their success and great reviews

If you are familiar with all the laws and know how to complete and submit the forms correctly, then you are probably an attorney, just have your secretary download the forms

Not an attorney?.... just pay the $299, the peace of mind knowing it was done correctly (LZ checks everything) is worth that

Does cost that also include the court filing fee, which (at least in the county in which I reside) is over $200 all by itself?

Old 03-28-2016, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
Does cost that also include the court filing fee, which (at least in the county in which I reside) is over $200 all by itself?
No, it does not.... nor does it cover the "routine serve"

filing fees vary from state to state, and even sometimes the municipality

the filing fee is $80 here in Fargo ND

The cost of a routine serve (a serve that is first attempted within 5-7 days of receiving the papers) can be as low as $20 and can go up to $100, but the national average is somewhere between $45 and $75

Source:
http://www.serve-now.com/about-process-serving

Attorneys generally do not include "filing fees and court costs" in their estimates either

Last edited by azsportpilot; 03-28-2016 at 03:02 PM..

Old 03-28-2016, 03:12 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,705,622 times
Here in Missouri, papers don't even have to be served. I can give them to my wife, then have her sign them in front of a notary.

Old 03-28-2016, 03:15 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,074,740 times
Quote:
No, it does not.... nor does it cover the "routine serve"
Yeah. That doesn't surprise me.

Quote:
Attorneys generally do not include "filing fees and court costs" in their estimates either.
Mine did. He was quite up front. Then again, mine was uncontested and my ex and I were on the same page about everything. It was nice to have his expertise, tho, when doing the Settlement Agreement and the real estate stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships