Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 07:56 AM

780 posts, read 678,715 times

Advertisements

This is basically everything you said from this other thread that you started:

Dating a guy in the military

But to answer your question, I'm married to a military man, met him online, but that was years before he joined the military.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2016, 08:26 AM

4,039 posts, read 3,774,203 times
What's your profession? Maybe you could work for the military with your line of work so you can oogle them all day.

Old 03-29-2016, 09:07 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
Because all military men are hot, buff and "manly." lol

My first husband certainly wasn't the gung ho, ooh-rah, buff, "manly" type. He was a bank geek who got accepted into the MC's music program and was a musician, instrumentalist, for his first enlistment. He was the characteristic nerd/geek, and there are a lot of them.

Maybe you want an infantryman or combat support, and even then there's a lot of variety.

Oh, and I met my first husband online, AOL, and the same for the other military men I met or dated briefly (AOL back in the day and modern dating sites).

If you like and can afford So Cal, try it out. There are a lot of tag chasers in So Cal, and several Navy and USMC bases.

Old 03-29-2016, 09:08 AM

741 posts, read 478,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
What's your profession? Maybe you could work for the military with your line of work so you can oogle them all day.
I'm a social work student soon to be grad. I want to work for the VA but I need clinical licensing.

Old 03-29-2016, 09:12 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Because all military men are hot, buff and "manly." lol
This pretty much supports my opinion on that element of the OP.

Old 03-29-2016, 09:21 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
OP, should focus less on keeping up with the Joneses, and more so on her own issues.

I get the sense that she wants military man specifically for the wrong reasons, despite what she's saying. Contrary to popular belief, it's not always wise to marry young due to the changes the person will go through in their 20s. There are some success stories but it's not for everyone. I understand the OP struggles with CP, but getting married will not solve her problems.

I think the OP needs to talk to someone.

Old 03-29-2016, 09:22 AM

702 posts, read 726,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
No you aren't. You are still looking to find a man, any man, to marry you and get you pregnant NOW. You really don't seem to care what that man is like, no mention of anything other than some basic caricature of prince charming. You want some fairy tale that has absolutely no basis in reality. But it's your life, you have to live with whatever mess you create. God help any children you rush into having.
And just like that another single parent is created and a child grows up with no father and an emotionally stunted mother.

I'd be pissed if this wasn't a troll post.

Old 03-29-2016, 09:22 AM

2,135 posts, read 5,489,872 times
HAHAH ten years ago I was on active duty and would've loved you because I was pretty much at that point in my life too.

Being married and on active duty is the worst thing ever, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Old 03-29-2016, 09:40 AM

4,039 posts, read 3,774,203 times
I like buff men too but I'm expanding my horizons by thinking of doing martial arts, crossfit, tough mudder, etc. If there was a site to date spies I'd probably be into that. Think Archer.

Old 03-29-2016, 10:16 AM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
DH is retired AF. They actually train the recruits to be on the look out for / and stay away from people like you.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships