Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 01:13 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,148,399 times

Advertisements

My wife is welcome to drive my car whenever she wants and it's only 2 months old. Who cares, it's only a car? She's welcome to any of my other possessions for that matter.

I would imagine that's how most normal, functioning marriages work.

Old 03-29-2016, 01:15 PM

91 posts, read 119,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Personally, no one touches my SUV except in extreme emergencies or the mechanic. I think if OP wants to drive something "different" she should rent a car. I wouldn't want someone else driving a car that was in my name for the hell of it only.
My husband thinks like you. When he didn't have a car mine was the primary vehicle. We bought groceries in it and did everything else so he says that I don't need his truck just to go grocery shopping. What about people who don't have trucks or SUVs, they still go grocery shopping so he doesn't see why I need or want to just drive his truck to work only to park it in the parking lot all day.

Old 03-29-2016, 01:18 PM

91 posts, read 119,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant View Post
My wife is welcome to drive my car whenever she wants and it's only 2 months old. Who cares, it's only a car? She's welcome to any of my other possessions for that matter.

I would imagine that's how most normal, functioning marriages work.
Not necessarily! When my husband's dad retired several years ago he took a good bit of his retirement and bought himself a brand new Chevy Silverado 1500 and his mom has never even crunk it up. She has her own car and she said she has no desire to drive the truck. I think my husband wants me to think that way. I have a car so I should be happy to drive it.

Old 03-29-2016, 01:21 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowed08 View Post
He says that "no one takes better care of your stuff than you." He's just protective of that truck.
I wonder why he would think that you wouldn't take care of his truck.

Could it have anything to do with the fact that you don't hold your son responsible for destroying a borrowed car?

Old 03-29-2016, 01:22 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
If you have your own vehicle what is the problem exactly?

You know how he feels about others using his personal property, why not just respect it and stop looking for reasons to be upset over it?

You have all these theories and ideas about why you can't use the truck, but you refuse to take his word as he has told you for the reason....think about what that says for a minute

Old 03-29-2016, 01:25 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,148,399 times
Quote:
Not necessarily! When my husband's dad retired several years ago he took a good bit of his retirement and bought himself a brand new Chevy Silverado 1500 and his mom has never even crunk it up. She has her own car and she said she has no desire to drive the truck. I think my husband wants me to think that way. I have a car so I should be happy to drive it.
My point is, who cares either way? It's just a hunk of metal and it will be dead someday, just like us.

Old 03-29-2016, 01:36 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:

Ladies, if you wanted to switch cars with your man simply because you wanted to drive something different or just wanted to drive his car for a while would he? If he loved you would he really say no to you? We're husband and wife so by law his car is my car, right? My car is titled to me and his car is titled to him. None of the household money was used to purchase his car. He used his school refund check to buy it.
If I loved him I would respect his feelings and not nag him about driving his vehicle. I might feel different if I need a truck to haul something or my vehicle was out of commission but just because, no.

Sometimes people just want something that is theirs and don't want anyone else using it or messing with it no matter how much they love them.

Old 03-29-2016, 01:36 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant View Post
My point is, who cares either way? It's just a hunk of metal and it will be dead someday, just like us.
Well if the car is in his name and his wife wrecks it and does a hit and run, she can lie on him and police can bring him up on charges. That is why I'd be hesitant to let anyone other than myself drive a car that is in my name.

Old 03-29-2016, 01:37 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times
I wouldn't let you drive any vehicle or piece of machinery that I own.

Old 03-29-2016, 01:53 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,903,630 times
He sees how you deal with everything else, in addition to how you allowed your son to treat the car he was borrowing. He would have to be crazy to let you use his car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships