Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 07:03 PM

576 posts, read 823,913 times

Advertisements

I recently had a guy who flaked on me when we made plans to hang out. We made plans to meet up when he gets off work at 3pm but I didn't hear from him until 9pm -he just said sorry something came up. I let it slide then he suggested plans to get together again but No time/location had been set, then incidentally falls silent on the big day again for the second time.No text, no call...just silence. I decided to just drop this one

Having said that ,based on my experience,when a guy demonstrates flakiness in the early stages of dating -it doesn't get better with time

I can understand if the person calls beforehand to reschedule or afterward to explain the bizarre emergency situation in which he was unable to call, text, email, Facebook message or send smoke signals.Other than I'm going to start writing a guy off the first time they pull the no call no show without a valid reason..Any one encounter flalky girls or guys?How do you have tolerance of it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2016, 07:05 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Yup.

I can't stand people like that as friends let alone significant others.

Old 03-30-2016, 07:35 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,523,736 times
Sorry to hear that Annie ,

I'm the same as you, if there is a genuine reason they can't make it then sweet we will do it again if there's not then bye bye .

Personally I'd much rather get screamed at over the phone or face to face and tell them I'm not interested than keep them hanging or in the dark. It all comes down to manners and I can't stomach anyone without them.

I think your stance is the right one, if for any reason you get a bad vibe then don't pursue. Granted one may have genuine reasons for not making the date and you will miss out but most that leave it last minute to cancel and without much thought for you will not so you'll save yourself a lot of time and heartache.

Take care

Old 03-30-2016, 07:37 PM

147 posts, read 93,366 times
Absolutely. Goes for men and women alike. People who are truly interested don't flake.

Old 03-30-2016, 07:47 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,738,421 times
Yes

Old 03-30-2016, 08:11 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,028,825 times
Being flaky and/or wishy-washy is not putting your best foot forward. It's also pretty hard to get over a bad first impression, so why invest any time in someone so inconsiderate.

Old 03-30-2016, 08:15 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,297,759 times
People who are flaky are either non-committal types or can't manage their time or stick to a plan, and it is very frustrating to their friends and loved ones. If you can't deal with this type of person then take it as a Red Flag for yourself. You are correct in that it will not improve.

Old 03-30-2016, 09:12 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Err not only did he not go through with the first date but he didn't even "cancel," if you can call it that by then, until hours LATER? There would have been no second chance. Period. Seriously, you were willing to still try for a date after that? Why?

Old 03-30-2016, 09:22 PM

4,043 posts, read 3,772,755 times
Wow, I'm actually going through the same thing. Last week me and this guy were going to go out on Sunday but he said it was too far away so I said I could make time the next day. But I didn't hear from him at all the next day. The following day he said some family stuff came up. So I said ok, later this week then? I didn't make definite plans either, I just said today or tomorrow. But I didn't hear from him for a whole day until today. I was going to just block him but I think I'll just let his message sit and not respond. Or if he responds back to hang out tomorrow, I'll respond the day after and said something came up. I should probably be more mature about this and should have blocked him after the first time but the funny thing is, I'm not even mad. I don't really care all that much but I'm quite turned off at this point.

Old 03-30-2016, 09:28 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
Absolutely. Men and women who flake on a person don't deserve a second chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships