Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 04:16 AM

4 posts, read 3,817 times

Advertisements

i really don’t know how to express myself still i will try. Its been 2 years since i am dating my boyfriend. Both of us are in our late twenties and this is the 2nd relationship for both of us. We started dating in 2014 before that we were friends for one year. In his last relationship his ex cheated on him and she dumped him in 2012. In my last relationship my ex got married to someone else,it was a mutual break up. So we started dating after 2 years of that breakup.This was the first time i fell for someone but he was always aloof during the initial period of our relationship. I thought maybe he is still not over her.so i keep on doing my part. i was always extra loving ,caring. I was always eager to see him. six months passed he started opening up little bit..i was so happy but there was always some distance between us. Sometimes he used to behave like a stranger, he never let me in completely in his life.

He never asked me anything about my life..i am not talking about general questions i mean questions which makes you close to someone .. it was me who used to tell him about my school days, my college days..my family problem . my childhood days… not even once did he ask me any question about life. he also did not share on his own anything about his life. It not like we never used to talk.. but there was lack of deep connection.Still i waited that one day he will fall in love with me . one day he will see my worth,one day he will let me in his life but that day never came.

My 2 birthdays passed,on my first b’day he forgot to gift me anything when he saw me upset he bought me some flowers. i am not a materialistic person.i only wanted something from him as a token of love.. maybe a song sang by him for me, a vidoe anything. When my second b’day came he did nothing . i couldn’t hold myself and i cried but i realized you can’t force someone to do anything maybe birthdays doesn’t matter to him.. so i have decided from now one i will not going to treat my birthday as a special day. His birthday means a lot to me and it will always going to be.. i always planned a lot about his birthday… i want to do everything for him. i just want to see him happy.. but i am not financially strong in comparison to him. so i try to do little things just to make him happy. Its not like that he was a bad person. he is always good to me. everyday he calls me, when i visit him sometimes he cooks for me.. when i share any problem with him he listens to me.. but when i share any problem regarding our relationship ..he avoid listening to me. i feel alone those times. i have to deal everything on my own. he used to flirt with me a lot when we were friends..he used to say lot romantic things to me but since the day we got into relationship he never say anything romantic to me. when i dedicate him any romantic song.. after telling him so many times then only he listen it.

i want to do so many romantic things for him.. but i know he will not even understand the depth of my emotions. if we see from outside my relationship is good.. but i feel emptiness in my life.. there is so much distance between us. i tried very hard to fill those spaces in our relationship. but with the time i feel day by day he is turning into a stranger for me. so i broke up with him last night telling him everything .he said he loves me but he doesn’t love me as much as i love him. he said for me he is the priority but he can;t do the same. he said i should reconsider..he said he understand very well that how much i love him..he loves me too but not to that extent .. after that he did not say anything and he excepted that. i know one thing in my heart i can fight to the whole world for him.. but i can’t fight with him for his love.He was my everything. i can do anything for his one smile. its not like i wanted to change him . i loved him the way he was.. i just wanted to feel loved.Did i make any mistake in letting him go ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2016, 04:53 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,438,947 times
You did the right thing. You deserve a man who can truly make you feel loved.

Old 04-01-2016, 04:59 AM

2,135 posts, read 5,487,636 times
She doesn't DESERVE anything, she WANTS everything like how it is in the movies, and it will never be like that, good luck though!

Old 04-01-2016, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
She doesn't DESERVE anything, she WANTS everything like how it is in the movies, and it will never be like that, good luck though!
if i want someone to love me.. you feel i am asking for too much. maybe you never loved anyone in your life.. i pity you .

Old 04-01-2016, 05:10 AM

He does love you, he is just got obsessed emotionally over silly gestures like you are. It will always be like this for you, because no one will ever be good enough, because they "don't love you enough."

Old 04-01-2016, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
He does love you, he is just got obsessed emotionally over silly gestures like you are. It will always be like this for you, because no one will ever be good enough, because they "don't love you enough."
What silly gestures you are talking about. i can not even discuss any relationship problems with him... because he thinks i should deal them on my own. He doesn't believe in valentine day.. i was okay with that. he never wished me on any festivals.. i was okay with that.. i only expected from him a b' day gift may be card ..i was not asking for any expensive gift.. i just wanted something as a token of love. he never aksed me anything about my abusive ex.. that why are was scared of me... even when i wanted to discuss he avoided me..he never wanted know my life in depth. don't judge me if you don't know me.

Old 04-01-2016, 06:10 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,908,149 times
You can't make someone else love you no matter how hard you try.

Old 04-01-2016, 06:11 AM

Why would you talk to him about an abusive ex? That never comes up, even with my spouse who was abused in the past. I didn't judge you at all, you just want loving gestures that obviously weren't there, good for you, go find someone else. All I was saying is that no one owes you anything.

Old 04-01-2016, 07:06 AM

1,060 posts, read 1,557,672 times
You're incompatible, and you'll never be truly happy with this guy. Sure, you can fool yourself into not caring about these things, or be happy with giving more than you're getting for a little while...but eventually that **** will get real old. Differences like these become chasms the longer you're together. Besides, there are plenty of guys out there who love romantic gestures and will make you much happier long-term.

Also, no other person can be your everything. You need some time to rediscover yourself without a significant other in the picture.

Old 04-01-2016, 08:13 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times
You did the right thing.

All the best to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships