U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 01:22 PM

24,722 posts, read 26,785,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I hope this post was a joke.
Me, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2016, 01:23 PM

1,504 posts, read 574,950 times
Oh and another thing. By way of ancient tradition mating couples can not be around the same age. The woman is supposed to be 7 years younger than the man. Older woman will always dominate...that is nature. My wife of 25 years was ten years younger... I raised four children and am no longer with her now that my duty as a father is done. The current woman is 20 years younger...it is working out well and there is great compatibility...sometime it takes a life time to find the right person...I just wish I would have had children with the new one....Men that marry their peers are foolish. It has only been since the advent of the public school system that men and woman of the same age marry. Woman are wiser and more mature than men. Do you want to be the man or the woman?

Old 04-04-2016, 01:29 PM

321 posts, read 150,136 times
What i'm living right now reminds me one of the reasons i got divorced, my ex wife wanted children too and i didn't.

Old 04-04-2016, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Me, too.
No joke- I am old school...having kids was the smartest thing I ever did. If a woman is willing to have your offspring go for it. It is an opportunity. The only real security you will have in old age are your children. It is good to have advocates that love you when you are frail....not to mention...raising children is the greatest adventure you will ever have.

Even though the first woman was not compatible - I went for it...because she was willing to grant this reject artist musician type kids...People would say that I was to poor to have children...but I took the plunge anyway...all four are successful contributors to society....and GOOD honorable people.

Old 04-04-2016, 01:32 PM

32,716 posts, read 22,666,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
No joke- I am old school...having kids was the smartest thing I ever did. If a woman is willing to have your offspring go for it. It is an opportunity. The only real security you will have in old age are your children. It is good to have advocates that love you when you are frail....not to mention...raising children is the greatest adventure you will ever have.

Even though the first woman was not compatible - I went for it...because she was willing to grant this reject artist musician type kids...People would say that I was to poor to have children...but I took the plunge anyway...all four are successful contributors to society....and GOOD honorable people.
So I should have had kids with someone I wasn't in love with and didn't want to spend my life with, just to have the hopes that one or more might be around to support me when I was elderly?

You can't be serious. Kids aren't something that are "granted".

Old 04-04-2016, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuason77 View Post
What i'm living right now reminds me one of the reasons i got divorced, my ex wife wanted children too and i didn't.
Then she was not your wife. There is a difference between a wife and a partner.. you can have a same sex partner....or you can have the opposite sex partner - which in the natural scheme of things is to generate a family....reproduce..that was the original purpose and function of marriage.

Old 04-04-2016, 01:40 PM

32,716 posts, read 22,666,022 times
Quote:
Then she was not your wife. There is a difference between a wife and a partner.. you can have a same sex partner....or you can have the opposite sex partner - which in the natural scheme of things is to generate a family....reproduce..that was the original purpose and function of marriage.
Actually that was to pass on and consolidate wealth, and to form alliances. Marriage was never needed to have children. And one doesn't need to have children if one has a wife/husband.

Old 04-04-2016, 01:42 PM

11,319 posts, read 21,892,927 times
Quote:
Just because it was the original purpose and function doesn't mean that is true for every couple today.

My ex and I wanted kids when we met, for example, but we wanted to wait a few years. Circumstances happened to make that not a viable option, so we changed our minds about it. We didn't have kids.

Of course, she is now my ex , but kids were not one of the issues that caused the separation.

Old 04-04-2016, 01:43 PM

4,380 posts, read 3,428,147 times
Quote:
I raised four children and am no longer with her now that my duty as a father is done.
I'm 42 and I think my mother (only living parent) would tell you her "duty" as a parent is far from over.

Old 04-04-2016, 02:51 PM

39,046 posts, read 37,675,762 times
Quote:
Oh and another thing. By way of ancient tradition mating couples can not be around the same age. The woman is supposed to be 7 years younger than the man. Older woman will always dominate...that is nature. My wife of 25 years was ten years younger... I raised four children and am no longer with her now that my duty as a father is done. The current woman is 20 years younger...it is working out well and there is great compatibility...sometime it takes a life time to find the right person...I just wish I would have had children with the new one....Men that marry their peers are foolish. It has only been since the advent of the public school system that men and woman of the same age marry. Woman are wiser and more mature than men. Do you want to be the man or the woman?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or